Author Topic: The Official Marble Hornets Thread  (Read 160576 times)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Marble Hornets Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2010, 02:07:56 PM »
Who did Jay/Slenderman kill? Girlfriend or Alex?
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2010, 02:18:51 PM »
Who did Jay/Slenderman kill? Girlfriend or Alex?

I'm thinking Alex. Or someone we haven't seen yet. *insert redshirt joke here*
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Salkovich

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2010, 07:04:02 PM »
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2010, 07:21:46 PM »
hahahaha

when was there a bullet casing?

Ryo

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2010, 08:28:25 PM »
When he went to the house the first time, but later it turned up missing.

Salkovich

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2010, 04:09:59 AM »
hahahaha

when was there a bullet casing?

Ya, it's in Entry #16, and it's discovered missing in #19.5

Max_Writer

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2010, 04:08:19 PM »
I've been kind of following this thread and have watched Marble Hornets. One thing I noticed in entry 29 was the camcorder in the videotape. Does that mean that entry 29 was made with a chest cam while the filmer was also carrying a hand camera? Just struck me as odd.

Salkovich

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2010, 12:51:30 AM »
I've been kind of following this thread and have watched Marble Hornets. One thing I noticed in entry 29 was the camcorder in the videotape. Does that mean that entry 29 was made with a chest cam while the filmer was also carrying a hand camera? Just struck me as odd.

Looks to be that way. Curious as to which was intended to be the "primary" camera there.

Salkovich

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2010, 02:45:55 AM »
Entry #30!

Jessica is either a new Masky, or a new Jay.

I wonder if he would cause distortion if someone pointed a camera at him?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2010, 03:09:31 AM »
WHAT DID I SAY?

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

EMBED THAT SHIT

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2010, 07:37:12 AM »
Also, make sure to modify the first post with the latest vidya. Gawd.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Robot Master

• "Wu Tang gets they cookie."
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2010, 08:31:27 AM »
I just had a thought, maybe too crazy of one, but it's an early morning thought.

What if Jay's experiences are happening out of order, just like the film footage? What if totheark is Jay trying to protect himself while he's sleepwalking? For example:

The doors at the old house led to different places while Jay was sleepwalking, and one of the doors had "totheark's" mask, right? So what if totheark at the old house was Jay while he was sleepwalking? What if the people filmed with the cameras are getting stuck in some sort of out of time way that allows them to be in two places at once?

Just a thought.
Thanos: "I am going to sacrifice the Earth to gain the love of Death"
Me: (slowly raise eyebrow) "Destroy the Earth? That would be...illogical"
Vortex: "Yes...that...would be...highly...illogical."
Thanos: "Your Star Trek references bore me."

Salkovich

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2010, 10:27:35 PM »
I just had a thought, maybe too crazy of one, but it's an early morning thought.

What if Jay's experiences are happening out of order, just like the film footage? What if totheark is Jay trying to protect himself while he's sleepwalking? For example:

The doors at the old house led to different places while Jay was sleepwalking, and one of the doors had "totheark's" mask, right? So what if totheark at the old house was Jay while he was sleepwalking? What if the people filmed with the cameras are getting stuck in some sort of out of time way that allows them to be in two places at once?

Just a thought.

Well there's a few things this theory runs up against - for one, the doors first go to different places when Jay ISN'T "sleepwalking" (at Brian's house.) ((There's also not much evidence that he was actually sleepwalking. He doesn't remember. That doesn't necessarily imply sleepwalking.)) This implies to me that it's not the filming which causes the door changes. The simplest explanation for this is that the Operator is causing it. Masky is apparently human, we're not sure if we've ever seen totheark but he is probably human, and the Operator is clearly NOT human.
I have a friend who put forward a theory that the Operator has control over the "moment of uncertainty" that occurs when a door is opened - essentially that he can substitute destinations for doors. This would explain "Return" and the crazy antics in Brian's house that cause Jay to end up in the SlenderBasement.

Robot Master

• "Wu Tang gets they cookie."
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2010, 12:54:15 AM »
Well there's a few things this theory runs up against - for one, the doors first go to different places when Jay ISN'T "sleepwalking" (at Brian's house.) ((There's also not much evidence that he was actually sleepwalking. He doesn't remember. That doesn't necessarily imply sleepwalking.)) This implies to me that it's not the filming which causes the door changes. The simplest explanation for this is that the Operator is causing it. Masky is apparently human, we're not sure if we've ever seen totheark but he is probably human, and the Operator is clearly NOT human.
I have a friend who put forward a theory that the Operator has control over the "moment of uncertainty" that occurs when a door is opened - essentially that he can substitute destinations for doors. This would explain "Return" and the crazy antics in Brian's house that cause Jay to end up in the SlenderBasement.

But what if? I mean think of it. The whole thing is time dilated and upside down, so there's nothing actually saying that totheark at Brian's house wasn't some temporally fucked up Jay warding Jay away from the house? The whole thing is about trying to put together what happened, but it's also about trying to figure out which pieces of film fall into which time sequence. What if the big "woah" that they're going for, horror wise, is that it's always been an assumption that the footage we've been seeing during the Jay portion of the investigation wasn't actually filmed by Jay? That would explain the camera strapped to his chest. The perspective of the footage (ala entry 29) now creates a point of view in which we can possibly attach a cameraman to certain footage. There's lots that Jay doesn't remember.

If Jay doesn't remember six months or anything about his encounters with totheark, then how can we prove that he himself is not totheark?

The only reason I'm digging this theory is because if I hadn't thought of it and that's exactly what they ended up doing in MarbleHornets, I'd shit myself when I found out that Jay IS totheark. If I were writing this I'd may totheark actually turn out to be Jay. "Waaat? Oh yes, viewers, this rabbit hole done go down deep"

I dunno, but there's something awfully "negative side of the film" about totheark's "design" as a character that makes me feel healthy about this theory. Tim and Jay have/had similar haircuts but the Tim character has been pretty much left by the wayside. I can't wait to see the next bit of film with totheark involved, because I'm totally going to be looking to see if there's any evidence that supports this half-cocked theory of mine.

Thanos: "I am going to sacrifice the Earth to gain the love of Death"
Me: (slowly raise eyebrow) "Destroy the Earth? That would be...illogical"
Vortex: "Yes...that...would be...highly...illogical."
Thanos: "Your Star Trek references bore me."

Salkovich

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2010, 11:06:44 AM »

But what if? I mean think of it. The whole thing is time dilated and upside down, so there's nothing actually saying that totheark at Brian's house wasn't some temporally fucked up Jay warding Jay away from the house? The whole thing is about trying to put together what happened, but it's also about trying to figure out which pieces of film fall into which time sequence. What if the big "woah" that they're going for, horror wise, is that it's always been an assumption that the footage we've been seeing during the Jay portion of the investigation wasn't actually filmed by Jay? That would explain the camera strapped to his chest. The perspective of the footage (ala entry 29) now creates a point of view in which we can possibly attach a cameraman to certain footage. There's lots that Jay doesn't remember.

If Jay doesn't remember six months or anything about his encounters with totheark, then how can we prove that he himself is not totheark?

The only reason I'm digging this theory is because if I hadn't thought of it and that's exactly what they ended up doing in MarbleHornets, I'd shit myself when I found out that Jay IS totheark. If I were writing this I'd may totheark actually turn out to be Jay. "Waaat? Oh yes, viewers, this rabbit hole done go down deep"

I dunno, but there's something awfully "negative side of the film" about totheark's "design" as a character that makes me feel healthy about this theory. Tim and Jay have/had similar haircuts but the Tim character has been pretty much left by the wayside. I can't wait to see the next bit of film with totheark involved, because I'm totally going to be looking to see if there's any evidence that supports this half-cocked theory of mine.

Y'know...this would provide a pretty good reason for "Exit", the totheark video where he's filming Jay looking for tapes in Alex's car. That's the only video (or so it seems) that takes place back in 2006 when Alex was being stalked by Slendy.

HMMMMMMMM