Author Topic: The Official Marble Hornets Thread  (Read 160582 times)

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Marble Hornets Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2011, 01:42:39 PM »
I'm sure the hotel staff could open a safe in your room if you forgot your combination number. Of course, given the paranoia Jay feels by now, I can buy that he wouldn't think to ask.

Yeah. Plus, there's no way of telling if there's anything incriminating in the safe.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2011, 05:37:29 PM »
I'm sure the hotel staff could open a safe in your room if you forgot your combination number. Of course, given the paranoia Jay feels by now, I can buy that he wouldn't think to ask.

It's another "missing bullet."  Let's forget it and move on.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2011, 06:43:04 PM »
NO NEVER

Robot Master

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • "Wu Tang gets they cookie."
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2011, 08:42:18 AM »
What if the safe is full of dildoes? Dildos? Well...the spell check on the forum says it's "Dildos" people. I guess that makes it official that the plural of dildo is Dildos.

That or jay should just check out, then the front desk will go into the safe and put his contents in a box and call his cell phone, letting him know that the contents of his safe are at the desk and can be shipped at cost to him. That's how that works, right?

Thanos: "I am going to sacrifice the Earth to gain the love of Death"
Me: (slowly raise eyebrow) "Destroy the Earth? That would be...illogical"
Vortex: "Yes...that...would be...highly...illogical."
Thanos: "Your Star Trek references bore me."

Salkovich

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2011, 01:16:11 AM »
Watch this one with the lights on.

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Robot Master

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2011, 09:14:14 AM »
Time for more interactive Marble Hornets action. I still haven't replaced my light in my den because I've been sick so I'm doing my morning emails thing in a dark room. I'm going to watch and type at the same time...

Start Video...

...dresser. click x on the ad...why'd she close the fucking door? fuckin women I swear. pause at :56 and tell kiddo that I know he's faking it and has to go to school today. He closes the door behind him. Totally in the dark now. Resume...hahaha I knew she had the four digit number...nevermind. Try it backwards jackass. Wait...is that her code or his. OH SNAP! Christmas. WTF AAAAAAAAA that was BADASS. Judo kick that motherfuck.

I totally jumped in my seat at that one.

Salkovich

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2011, 10:54:24 AM »
The fingers on the door was the creepiest part for me.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2011, 11:30:51 AM »

Yeah when the door opens when Jay has his back turned.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2011, 06:46:55 PM »

Yeah when the door opens when Jay has his back turned.

I'm right behind you on that one, didn't figure it'd be the masked guy though. For some reason I kinda thought it'd be Jessica in a Hollywood-shock-fakeout way.

Robot Master

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2011, 08:59:53 PM »
I'm ready for more MarbleHornets, pleez.

MOAR MARBLE HORNATS.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2011, 03:58:06 PM »
[spoiler=Fear Itself: Slender Man]So I toyed with the idea of posting this in the RPG board with a new thread all it's own, and maybe I will if the conversation persists, but I just wanted to throw out there that I ran "Fear Itself: Slender Man" last night. I introduced them to the system gave them a crash course with some quick character creation and we were off.

It went great! I had a 5 man group so we invented the fictitious character of the sound guy to cover reasons why each character was involved with the project. None of my friends listen to RPPR nor did I tell them more than that I was running a game based off a game based off of Slender Man and that they are a film crew doing a documentary on Fiddlers Green and the missing kids.

One of my friends is pretty much already freaked out by Slender Man, so he wanted in immediately he demanded nothing but serious in character role playing for the duration. We deviated once or twice but for the most party we were running in top gear for 4 hours.

I was in pretty good shape to run the game I had listened to the AP 3 times this past week just to make sure, I love the Fear Itself system, so great for horror games...

Either way there were some amusing deviations from what I was expecting, especially because instead of saying gee lets get some Indians to kill the Cowboy the sound guy and camera man(playing nerd tech guys from the start) decided to unleash Darth Vader on the poor hapless cowboy. After that point things started to get a little funny, and the players actually went out of their way to save Zachary(I think that was his name....the teenage girls friend.) Also one of the players ended up failing a fleeing check during the chase by Slender Man, so the Sound Guy was grabbed, at this point I started to wing it because I didn't know what to do so I had him vanish.

They slowed Slender Man down with footage of the Hitler giving a speech to the Nazi Army, I thought it was inventive so I let it buy them some time, the camera man was panicking and kept failing his mechanics checks to fix a projector or tv to play the footage on, so on his second to last turn he manages to get it running and they realize they have a little bit of time so they go through some of the footage they had taken of the basement and pull the sound guy out of it. Thus I ruled that they were able to pull him through with no memory of anything that had happened, then they made good their escape.

My two favorite things about this ending.

The Sound Guy was of the skeptic archetype so him loosing the memory was pretty much perfect.

The producer was greedy just like Tom's character, and without any coaxing from me, he made the movie.(He had also lost nearly all his Sanity he was sitting on a negative 4 when we ended the game.)

I know it's long and probably belongs in the Anecdote thread but I figured the Marble Hornets thread would appreciate it more than a general anecdote.
[/spoiler]
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Salkovich

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2011, 04:15:25 PM »
[spoiler=Fear Itself: Slender Man]So I toyed with the idea of posting this in the RPG board with a new thread all it's own, and maybe I will if the conversation persists, but I just wanted to throw out there that I ran "Fear Itself: Slender Man" last night. I introduced them to the system gave them a crash course with some quick character creation and we were off.

It went great! I had a 5 man group so we invented the fictitious character of the sound guy to cover reasons why each character was involved with the project. None of my friends listen to RPPR nor did I tell them more than that I was running a game based off a game based off of Slender Man and that they are a film crew doing a documentary on Fiddlers Green and the missing kids.

One of my friends is pretty much already freaked out by Slender Man, so he wanted in immediately he demanded nothing but serious in character role playing for the duration. We deviated once or twice but for the most party we were running in top gear for 4 hours.

I was in pretty good shape to run the game I had listened to the AP 3 times this past week just to make sure, I love the Fear Itself system, so great for horror games...

Either way there were some amusing deviations from what I was expecting, especially because instead of saying gee lets get some Indians to kill the Cowboy the sound guy and camera man(playing nerd tech guys from the start) decided to unleash Darth Vader on the poor hapless cowboy. After that point things started to get a little funny, and the players actually went out of their way to save Zachary(I think that was his name....the teenage girls friend.) Also one of the players ended up failing a fleeing check during the chase by Slender Man, so the Sound Guy was grabbed, at this point I started to wing it because I didn't know what to do so I had him vanish.

They slowed Slender Man down with footage of the Hitler giving a speech to the Nazi Army, I thought it was inventive so I let it buy them some time, the camera man was panicking and kept failing his mechanics checks to fix a projector or tv to play the footage on, so on his second to last turn he manages to get it running and they realize they have a little bit of time so they go through some of the footage they had taken of the basement and pull the sound guy out of it. Thus I ruled that they were able to pull him through with no memory of anything that had happened, then they made good their escape.

My two favorite things about this ending.

The Sound Guy was of the skeptic archetype so him loosing the memory was pretty much perfect.

The producer was greedy just like Tom's character, and without any coaxing from me, he made the movie.(He had also lost nearly all his Sanity he was sitting on a negative 4 when we ended the game.)

I know it's long and probably belongs in the Anecdote thread but I figured the Marble Hornets thread would appreciate it more than a general anecdote.
[/spoiler]

Dude that sounds awesome! I've totally been re-listening to the Slenderman APs too. Been jonesing for some Slendy goodness.

Did they manage to save the kids at all?

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2011, 04:25:00 PM »
Yeah they pulled the Kids and the teenager out.

Oh and they never lost the camera bag, the producer blocked the door open with his shoe, which he lost.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Robot Master

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2011, 08:54:34 AM »
You should keep their characters and run a few other adventures with those characters. Then, when the guy that lost his shoe least expects it, he wakes up in the middle of the night with his shoe laying on his chest in bed...
------------------

Edit:

It's been since Jan 19, almost a month so we're probably due for a new MH video anytime now...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 09:32:47 AM by Robot Master »

Salkovich

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2011, 09:12:27 PM »
The marble hornets twitter (@marblehornets) says new content tonight! WOOOO nightmare fuel

IT'S HERE
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:13:35 PM by Salkovich »