Author Topic: Role an induce vomiting check  (Read 9839 times)

D20

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Role an induce vomiting check
« on: April 19, 2009, 02:19:36 PM »
A couple of years back I played with a guy (we will call Jeremy) and he was on a quest to save these miners from these thieves who had kidnapped them. By the end of this session the quest completely went of course. I should mention that Jeremy is a fighter. Jeremy was accompanied by 2 other players (we will call Ryan (the cleric) and Andrew(the bard)) and 1 NPC (sorceress). So he was the tank if you will of the party. So they were told to go on this quest by the mayor of the town and were told to depart the next morning. The other players understood that it was to be a long quest there for went to stock up on food water and other things that may be required. But Jeremy, instead of going with them decides to go to the tavern and get drunk and gamble. He gets into a fight with the person running the craps table and scares the hell out of him with his mighty intimidate check of 20. The person running the table left running. As soon as they other players were done they came and joined him. Now my house rule is that a -3 penalty will be given on all d20 roles till the player sleeps an other 8 hours if the player gets a hangover. So after a while the players leave to the inn and stay the night planning to depart the next morning. The DC not to get a hang over from 2 ales is 7. Every one makes a role that drank. They all successfully make the roll after constitution bonus is added except Jeremy. So the next morning they eat and set of on the quest. They walked all day encountering miscellaneous things that don’t matter in this post. Its getting dark and it starts to rain so they search refuge. They come a cross an old hut that was bolted shut. They mange to get in but they encounter a group of 3 bad guys. (I for get what they are called at the moment but they are small about the size of a cat and float in the air and look sorta like a sea horse). So they kill them with ease. They then realize they have to eat so they all take out food and begin to eat, except Jeremy. Who forgot to grab previsions. He asks the other players for food. Seeing he hasn’t been all that nice to the rest of the players they tell him he has to find something else to eat. So he has a habit that when he has no food he eats his dead enemies. He ate the dead seahorse thingy and felt fine for about 15 minutes. It states in the monster manual that these creatures have a natural poison and if vomiting is not induced the player will fall into a coma. After a while he realizes he is starting to feel really sick. This is the point were the induce vomiting check comes in the DC is 5 he rolls a 5 and believing he makes it jumps up from the table and animates him puking. Then I mentioned the -3 penalty from the hangover. The rest of the session was spent trying to het that character back to the town to a doctor. Once they get back it is 6 am the next day and they are extremely tired. There is not a doctor to be found the fighter had scared him out of town because he was the guy running the craps table at the beginning of the quest. His character died and he never played with us again and if he had listened to the cleric when he said to go buy rations he would have lived.

THE END

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Role an induce vomiting check
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 02:38:48 PM »
Nice.

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 05:41:38 PM »
That will teach him not to be a dick,
granted it proley made him never want to play the game ever again.
Kenders Rock

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 08:29:39 PM »

its sad to see one bad experiance turn a player away, but then again no one likes a dick! thats why im an asshole.

D20

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 01:11:24 AM »
ahh just the one that takes it from the dick ;D

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 01:15:22 AM »

its sad to see one bad experiance turn a player away, but then again no one likes a dick! thats why im an asshole.

I could see how an asshole wouldn't like a dick.  :-\

D20

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 01:27:29 AM »

I could see how an asshole wouldn't like a dick.  :-\

It depends on the asshole

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 04:51:47 AM »
And if you don't like dicks, there's always... OH MY GOD

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 06:03:59 AM »
ahh just the one that takes it from the dick ;D

Yes but im the one that gets shit all over the dick, so in the long run no one wins.