Author Topic: Gencon 2011  (Read 65472 times)

ristarr

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
Gencon 2011
« on: January 19, 2011, 09:20:35 PM »
The date has kind of slipped up on me, but preregistration is this weekend.  That is not that important, but the host hotel reservations go online Tuesday the 25th at noon ( eastern ).  I believe you have to be registered to book the rooms through the gencon system.

Here are some of the dates.  You have to wait until May 1st to register for the RPPR games.

Key Dates

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Gencon 2011
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 02:54:28 PM »
Got the Marriott. Wanted the Hyatt. Oh well. You ask somebody else to stay home and do the reservation work for you so you don't miss work and you get what deserve.

Still, on site this year so no need to use a shuttle or car or anything else, I can use the bridges or just walk across the street.

Who else is where?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 09:18:37 PM »
hyatt motherfuckers

8)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 01:24:33 AM »
Damn you Ross. Now I'll have to try and bother you from across the street rather than in the same hotel. Next year.

Can we hope for an RPPR Fan Meet Up 2011 or did you get enough of personal interaction with your fan base last time?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 01:44:58 AM »
of course there will be a rppr meetup

and there will be a better rppr AS MANY PLAYERS AS POSSIBLE game:

Left 4 Killing Team Dead Floor Fortress

:D :D :D

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 02:05:30 AM »
Let's see if I can bet my previous record of surviving a game. I made it, what, fifteen, maybe twenty minutes?

I'll have to be sure not to book any games on thursday evening this time.

ristarr

• View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 10:02:34 AM »
I got the hyatt also.  The issues I saw at the hotel registration do not bode well for game registration this year.  I was at the Marriott last year and it is nice, but I found out all the cool people stay at the hyatt.  Looking forward to killing some fellow PCs this time and avenging Tad's harsh death.  ( Really, we thought you just got lost )

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 10:19:29 AM »
( Really, we thought you just got lost )

So you blew the building up?!

Did anybody not get the Hyatt? Am I the only RPPR loser attending GenCon this year? I'm not looking forward to event registration much either but at least I'll be able to get ontop of it on time this year, unlike last time.

ristarr

• View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 01:18:25 PM »
Technically, it was Ross and the "Government" that blew the building up.  And I am still not sure you didn't escape and leave us to die ( well, my character isn't sure at least ).  You could have told us you had died.  I looked all over the place for you before we escaped.  I think blame for your death rests in the guy that strangled you with the ethernet cable.  If you died at all, I mean.

I believe wil wheaton stayed there last year ( he was hanging out in the lobby at least) ... and the marriott has a really good $20 breakfast buffet.  ( I think it was $20, may have been slightly less ) ... and Real Dungeon stuff is there  ...  and there are views of other buildings ... and ... um ... and you are closer to the convention center.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 01:56:19 PM »
I'll blame everybody! I am a vengeful spirit from beyond the grave, logic and reason are lost upon me. How do I know you all weren't in on it with Moody?

I believe wil wheaton stayed there last year ( he was hanging out in the lobby at least) ... and the marriott has a really good $20 breakfast buffet.  ( I think it was $20, may have been slightly less ) ... and Real Dungeon stuff is there  ...  and there are views of other buildings ... and ... um ... and you are closer to the convention center.

I'm fine with the Marriott. Really I just wanted someplace that I could easily get back to. And someplace that I won't have to get a taxi at 2am to reach (or six blocks of Indianapolis streets to wander after midnight).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 02:03:54 PM by Tadanori Oyama »

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 07:12:32 PM »
Hey Ross, what day are we doing the meet up, Thursday evening again? Cus I'm volunteering for Arc Dream events and I have to be able to tell Shane Ivey when I can't run stuff.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 07:31:39 PM »
yeah, Thursday evening.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 12:30:23 PM »
( Really, we thought you just got lost )

So you blew the building up?!

Did anybody not get the Hyatt? Am I the only RPPR loser attending GenCon this year? I'm not looking forward to event registration much either but at least I'll be able to get ontop of it on time this year, unlike last time.

Tad, I too will be attending. And I'm in the Sheraton. Don't ask me why...
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »
That doesn't sound so bad. Granted I never walked that far north when I was there last time but the Sheraton isn't too far away from everything. Got any special features?

The Hyatt has a Subway (and a gift shop with snack stuff too, I think) but the Mariott has a Starbucks. And, being from the Pacific Northwest, I die if I'm not within touching distance of a Starbucks for more than three days. Common knowledge.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 01:16:10 PM »
There is a Starbucks at the Sheraton as well, I guess they didn't know which hotel you'd be staying at.
Other than that.. there seems to be a nice pool and rollaway beds.

Monument Circle Woo!
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.