Author Topic: Caleb is a mad genius (or Yet Another Fan Club Thread)  (Read 701411 times)

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: Caleb is a mad genius (or Yet Another Fan Club Thread)
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 11:35:43 AM »
I heard Caleb invented the mechanical ghouls that speak in announcer voice that lurk in the walls of Tom's bedroom. 
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

AmishNinja

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 12:43:31 PM »
HE GOES ABOUT 7 FOOT 8, 540 POUNDS. HE CAN PALM A MEDICINE BALL.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 01:30:17 PM »
If he can run Eclipse Phase and have the game be understandable to the listeners than he might be the greatest GM I have ever encounter.

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 07:45:32 PM »
So when do Caleb and Ross duel to the death for GM of RPPR?

...that's how this works, right?
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 07:51:06 PM »

I don't think Ross is likely to duel to the death for anything. Not that I doubt he'd siv a dude, I just don't think you'd be able to call the situation a duel.

Just had a passing though but Eclipse Phase is kind of like this RPG generation's Wrath: The Oblivion. I hear alot of people talking about it and how much fun it would be and nobody seemed to actually play it.

Salkovich

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 08:31:32 PM »

I don't think Ross is likely to duel to the death for anything. Not that I doubt he'd siv a dude, I just don't think you'd be able to call the situation a duel.

Just had a passing though but Eclipse Phase is kind of like this RPG generation's Wrath: The Oblivion. I hear alot of people talking about it and how much fun it would be and nobody seemed to actually play it.

Hmm. I propose a duel of wits!
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 10:51:10 PM »
STOP PROPOSING DUELS

THIS IS HOW IT STARTS

NEXT THING YOU KNOW

THUNDERDOME

TOM HAS A CRUSHED SKULL FROM A WEIGHTED D20, AARON HAS BEEN IMPALED BY A KEYBLADE, CODY'S BLEEDING OUT FROM A THOUSAND PAPERCUTS FROM MINT CONDITION FOIL COVER DEATH OF SUPERMAN COMICS, JASON'S BEEN EATEN BY LITTLE PEOPLE, BILL'S BEEN DECAPITATED AND CALEB IS COVERED IN BLOOD, INSANE, MISSING A LEG FROM A BEAR TRAP AND BABBLING ABOUT LADY GAGA. AND ME? I'M ON FIRE. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? ME ON FIRE? YOU HORRIBLE MONSTER

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 10:56:57 PM »

Ehh. We've run and played it, but as most things in our groups hands- it turned a little zany.
we did have transhuman horror, different bodies, space, space mice, corporations taking over venus, sapient dolphins, orangs, corgies, and a 13 year old in a gorilla's body.

But I eventually got sick of having to look-up the technology every-time.  It was very cowboybebop-totalrecall-palmereldritch-reboot-GONZO-murderhappy-spacerape-clusterfucky-awesome.

If you're going to run it, just go for it. Don't mull it over too long or instead of playing-  you won't.
How long has Ross been whining about wanting to run it? I think this next GenCon will mark the one year.

Caleb- I believe in you. Like Nike says, "Just doit."

And yes Ross, we want you on fire so Tom can make fun of your flaming announcer voice. BaZing!
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Arje

• Play by Post Dude. Malcontent.
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 11:35:56 PM »
STOP PROPOSING DUELS

THIS IS HOW IT STARTS

NEXT THING YOU KNOW

THUNDERDOME

TOM HAS A CRUSHED SKULL FROM A WEIGHTED D20, AARON HAS BEEN IMPALED BY A KEYBLADE, CODY'S BLEEDING OUT FROM A THOUSAND PAPERCUTS FROM MINT CONDITION FOIL COVER DEATH OF SUPERMAN COMICS, JASON'S BEEN EATEN BY LITTLE PEOPLE, BILL'S BEEN DECAPITATED AND CALEB IS COVERED IN BLOOD, INSANE, MISSING A LEG FROM A BEAR TRAP AND BABBLING ABOUT LADY GAGA. AND ME? I'M ON FIRE. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? ME ON FIRE? YOU HORRIBLE MONSTER

Yes, because then, as in all things, I win.
My new goal in life is to play D&D with Judi Dench

Salkovich

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 12:06:23 AM »
STOP PROPOSING DUELS

THIS IS HOW IT STARTS

NEXT THING YOU KNOW

THUNDERDOME

DEAR SWEET SCIENCE WHAT HAVE I WROUGHT

jonnygadfly

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • Was not put on this earth to 'get it.'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2011, 08:53:37 AM »
Caleb, though you are new to RPPR and gaming in general, clearly you have a lot of talent in this craft. All of your PCs are totally awesome, and I just learned that Andrew's Fortune was not only your first time as a GM, but also a scenario you wrote yourself after playing 3 or 4 disjointed games and reading a tutorial from the CoC rulebook. I have been GMing for several months and have no idea how I'd write a scenario for a Dirty World, let alone one so memorable.

I hereby dedicate this thread to Caleb and all of his mad genius. Shine on you crazy devil, shine on.

Been saying this since Gaga 2.0.

Caleb is a fantastic player and a great GM.

I'd love to hear him do a CoC or Fear itself game.

"See? That was nothing. But that's how it always begins. Very small." -Egg Shen

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2011, 11:25:08 AM »

Well, I mean, the show's eventually going to end. Once Ross is publishing holoscripts in Neo-Hollywood he's gonna be too busy with snorting syn-coke off of alien hookers to do a podcast, which in 2032 replaces Ham Radio as the losers 'sport' of choice. Mid-West Podcast Thunderdome could be, like, a get together in a couple decades. See old friends. Kill them. You know, fun. For us.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 01:55:45 PM »
STOP PROPOSING DUELS

THIS IS HOW IT STARTS

NEXT THING YOU KNOW

THUNDERDOME

Yes, because then, as in all things, I win.

YOU WERE KILLED BEFORE THE FIGHT. EVERYONE BETRAYED YOU AND YOU WERE TORN APART. BY WILD HORSES. DRAWN AND QUARTERED, THAT'S YOU, THAT IS.

BobThePaladin

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • "Smite Evil! SMITE EVIL!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 02:11:28 PM »
Well, I mean, the show's eventually going to end. Once Ross is publishing holoscripts in Neo-Hollywood he's gonna be too busy with snorting syn-coke off of alien hookers to do a podcast, which in 2032 replaces Ham Radio as the losers 'sport' of choice. Mid-West Podcast Thunderdome could be, like, a get together in a couple decades. See old friends. Kill them. You know, fun. For us.

Wow, now I'm actually looking forward to the dystopian Cyberpunk future! :D

Arje

• Play by Post Dude. Malcontent.
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2011, 09:27:47 PM »

YOU WERE KILLED BEFORE THE FIGHT. EVERYONE BETRAYED YOU AND YOU WERE TORN APART. BY WILD HORSES. DRAWN AND QUARTERED, THAT'S YOU, THAT IS.

That was a stunt double.

I have to pay his widow hazard pay now.

I hope you're happy.
My new goal in life is to play D&D with Judi Dench