Author Topic: Caleb is a mad genius (or Yet Another Fan Club Thread)  (Read 709312 times)

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
  • I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: Caleb is a mad genius (or Yet Another Fan Club Thread)
« Reply #555 on: October 06, 2013, 12:59:34 PM »
Thanks for all the love guys!

The Wives of March PDF is available for download!

http://tinyurl.com/mm568yo

It's Pay What You Want, so please consider leaving something in the hat if you can spare it. I hope everyone enjoys playing through it with their own groups!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #556 on: October 06, 2013, 01:31:30 PM »
Wives of March is pretty awesomely creepy. I'm going to use the Companions in one of my upcoming World of Darkness sessions. Should throw the players off considerably.

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 04, 2013, 07:46:17 PM »
Was practicing a new illustration style (trying for a Mignola look). And drew up the Companions in the process. Decided to make something a little more of it.

Liquid Water?

DeadlyNightshade

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 06, 2013, 03:02:34 PM »
For the record, few things are as creepy as hearing about the "darkness between the stars" of Akaja's intro as you drive across the Midwest under the cold, distant stars above and lightning storms in the distance.

From Nyarlathotep, by HP Lovecraft, which I just happened to read last night:

A sense of monstrous guilt was upon the land, and out of the abysses between the stars swept chill currents that made men shiver in dark and lonely places.

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 06, 2013, 11:06:27 PM »
I'm not sure if you were aware of this but another RP podcast, "Fist Full of Misanthropes" is running the "No Security" games. They just posted their run of "Revelations".

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/a-fistful-of-misanthropes/id400112025

(Without invoking any wrath respectfully) God-Damn! That was a hilarious and freaky time you guys went through, enjoyed the whole ordeal, you guys have a new subscriber and listener to your podcast.

Oh jeez, thank you! I'm Noah, the Sheriff PC who accidentally skips A LOT of the plot, and I'm really glad you enjoyed it! We've done all of Caleb's scenario's and enjoyed all of them tremendously! Thanks again!

Vivax

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Secret Twitter Mod for the SCP Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 08, 2013, 03:59:52 PM »
Were you the guy who skipped directly to the end scenario by accident?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #561 on: November 08, 2013, 04:13:06 PM »
Caleb is my second favorite Russian officer ever. Maybe my first; I'm only halfway through Cold Dead Hands.

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 10, 2013, 02:49:08 PM »

Yeah. Dunno how spoiler heavy we want to get, but yeah, I just got that idea stuck in my head and turns out I went straight to the end-game, pretty much. *shrug* But I do hope everybody enjoyed it!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #563 on: November 11, 2013, 05:56:56 PM »
I've been waiting to see the circumstances of the story of Cold Dead Hands for months now, ever since it was mentioned in the podcast. It was as funny as I imagined.

Vivax

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Secret Twitter Mod for the SCP Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 12, 2013, 03:14:31 PM »

Yeah. Dunno how spoiler heavy we want to get, but yeah, I just got that idea stuck in my head and turns out I went straight to the end-game, pretty much. *shrug* But I do hope everybody enjoyed it!

It wasn't spoilery at all. The scenario is designed to be a confusing sandbox with no explicit "go here" plot. That you walked to the endgame immediately didn't ruin anything, it just emphasized the dominant "shit is crazy" theme that Caleb wrote in.

beej

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 02, 2013, 01:45:54 AM »
Just ran Vengeful Dead out of Bumps in the Night.  None of the three players had ever played CoC before.  One of them has only been role-playing for a month.  One of the pregens I made was Lord Bigglesworth.  He was picked of course and the player would have made you proud Caleb.  He actually got to use a cavalry saber and a Webley revolver on the revenants while completely cool and British in the crisis.
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 03, 2014, 10:25:21 PM »
I am reminded of Professor White from Bayou Beatdown.

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 02, 2014, 02:15:37 AM »
Ran Fall Without End in Call of Cthulhu this evening, and one of my players did an amazing thing.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

So I had three teams, dubbed Team God, Team Hobo, and Team Writer. Team Hobo was made up of out-of-work, depression-affected alpiners. Team Writer was a pair of intrepid journalists. And Team God was a pair of priests trying to win fame for their church.

Team God heads right for Peter's Glacier, wanting to make use of their solid climb and dex skills and get to Wickersham's Wall as quickly as possible, while both Team Writer and Team Hobo head for Knife's Ridge, intending to make their way to the Overhang.

So, both Team Writer and Hobo run into the poor P. Hutchinson brother, injured and raving, coming down the path. They call out to him, he panics and goes nuts, and nearly falls off the path trying to strike out at his attackers. The PCs haul him back up and sit on him, trying and failing to persuade him to calm down. Finally Hannah, playing the Belay man of Team Hobo, punches Hutchinson in the mouth and knocks him out cold.

So they're sitting there, trying to decide what to do with him. Nobody wants to have to lose time by dragging him back, and they don't want to leave him to die of exposure.

So they decide to do rock/paper/scissors to see which team has to carry him back. Now, this was a game run over Skype, so the participants are sending me PMs with their rock or paper or scissor decisions.

One of the players from Team Writer wins the first round, and Hannah, from Team Hobo, calls for best 2 out of 3. So alright, they choose to throw again.

The guy from team writer sends me "paper."

And Hannah sends me the following:

"Robert will throw rock. Heavily to the injured man's face so that he will die unconscious in the snow.
he will not suffer
15/75"

She fuckin' impales her hobo murder check. And then I read it aloud. All of this before they even rolled a single climbing check.

PCs are amazing.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 02, 2014, 08:48:06 AM »
Damn! Your players make the Vertiginous Horrors look downright sympathetic. Worms gotta eat, right? But those humans are cold-blooded.

Biest

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 23, 2014, 09:06:49 PM »
I made a Thread about No Security on the official german Call of Cthulhu forums, let's hope some people look into it and maybe buy a book or two.