Author Topic: Pulse: OOC thread  (Read 89771 times)

Robot Master

  • I dream in graph paper lines
  • ****
  • Posts: 289
  • "Wu Tang gets they cookie."
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse: OOC thread
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2011, 10:30:11 PM »
sorry having a bad night tonight

Hardware 50 Rolling 1d100:
(54): Total = 54
Thanos: "I am going to sacrifice the Earth to gain the love of Death"
Me: (slowly raise eyebrow) "Destroy the Earth? That would be...illogical"
Vortex: "Yes...that...would be...highly...illogical."
Thanos: "Your Star Trek references bore me."

Dom

  • Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 641
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse: OOC thread
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2011, 10:39:31 AM »
Don't worry about it. I'm assuming the roll in the thread is the "official one" so I'll go with that one.

Dom

  • Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 641
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse: OOC thread
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2011, 12:59:36 PM »
Since Mckma hasn't posted in the fight thread, Reaver can make his next attack.

Dom

  • Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 641
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse: OOC thread
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2011, 02:11:14 PM »
Ouch, a critical failure for Reaver. I'll let you choose, do the densiplast gloves get damaged or does he skip a turn?

DancingWarPanda

  • Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • *
  • Posts: 46
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse: OOC thread
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2011, 02:41:06 PM »
Ok this is a weird one. In the actual table top game a 00 would be a critical success but you can't roll 0's on this dice roller. On the table top you roll somewhere between 00-99. Does that mean for the lack of existence a 00 = 100? 

If not we're screwed lol.

Dom

  • Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 641
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse: OOC thread
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2011, 02:43:21 PM »
Yep, 100 is 00. So that is indeed a critical success, with a Margin of Success of +60.

Robot Master

  • I dream in graph paper lines
  • ****
  • Posts: 289
  • "Wu Tang gets they cookie."
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse: OOC thread
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2011, 08:40:21 PM »
Don't worry about it. I'm assuming the roll in the thread is the "official one" so I'll go with that one.

yeah I tried some 10 different configurations until I actually started researching the code again. The roll I made was the first one that actually worked.
Thanos: "I am going to sacrifice the Earth to gain the love of Death"
Me: (slowly raise eyebrow) "Destroy the Earth? That would be...illogical"
Vortex: "Yes...that...would be...highly...illogical."
Thanos: "Your Star Trek references bore me."

DancingWarPanda

  • Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • *
  • Posts: 46
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse: OOC thread
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2011, 10:14:43 PM »
Yep, 100 is 00. So that is indeed a critical success, with a Margin of Success of +60.

Thank god lol. I was afraid of how bad that was about to become.

So Dom do I wait for you to put something or should we assume the connection is set up?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:17:58 PM by DancingWarPanda »

Mckma

  • President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • *****
  • Posts: 1538
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse: OOC thread
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2011, 11:15:26 AM »
Some stuff from latest combat post:

1. Accidentally missed closing tag for italics, only the first "paragraph" should be, didn't want to edit as it screws up the die roller.

2. I haven't had a lot of time to look through combat rules, so I'm really not sure if I got everything or if I even got the basics right.  Let me know if I screwed it up too bad.  I'm going to try and read it a bit better this weekend.

3. On the same note, I really have no idea for damage or 100% if I hit (I'm pretty sure I did), so I need to check on that.

Robot Master

  • I dream in graph paper lines
  • ****
  • Posts: 289
  • "Wu Tang gets they cookie."
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse: OOC thread
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2011, 09:48:11 AM »
Dom,

at what point should I roll my infosec check to play around with TTO's system? Also I'm gonna try to add a spoof job that'll allow us to get friction back out the way he came without needing to crack that electronic lock again.
Thanos: "I am going to sacrifice the Earth to gain the love of Death"
Me: (slowly raise eyebrow) "Destroy the Earth? That would be...illogical"
Vortex: "Yes...that...would be...highly...illogical."
Thanos: "Your Star Trek references bore me."

Dom

  • Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 641
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse: OOC thread
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2011, 04:14:45 PM »
You've got a secure wireless connection now, which you can use for Infosec checks.

Robot Master

  • I dream in graph paper lines
  • ****
  • Posts: 289
  • "Wu Tang gets they cookie."
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse: OOC thread
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2011, 09:53:18 AM »
I'm a moron, by the way, my total skill for those checks was at 81, not 80.

but they still passed, no harm no foul. In other news I'll probably get the rolling code right the first time next roll.
Thanos: "I am going to sacrifice the Earth to gain the love of Death"
Me: (slowly raise eyebrow) "Destroy the Earth? That would be...illogical"
Vortex: "Yes...that...would be...highly...illogical."
Thanos: "Your Star Trek references bore me."

DancingWarPanda

  • Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • *
  • Posts: 46
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse: OOC thread
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2011, 10:48:02 PM »
So failed the infiltration roll. Hopefully that doesn't screw us over too much.

DancingWarPanda

  • Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • *
  • Posts: 46
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse: OOC thread
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2011, 02:39:30 AM »
Hate to double post but I try to avoid putting too much OOC in the OC threads. Should I consider Khalil left for the bar or do I actually have to post it?

Dom

  • Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • *****
  • Posts: 641
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse: OOC thread
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2011, 02:20:40 PM »
Go ahead post Khalil leaving the offices and entering Gastown. Get to the part where he meets the doorman to Hemel and what you decide to do from there- either to drop off the guns with him, conceal them, or persuade the doorman to let you past with them. This applies to Oriole too, if he's going to Hemel.