Author Topic: Pulse: OOC thread  (Read 126207 times)

csr556

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse: OOC thread
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 12:57:14 PM »
A minor note, Dom, you may want to split the 2 investigations since they are 2 teams.  Maybe a 2A and 2B?

That way we won't be tripping over each teams posts and can still look at the other to keep track of what's happening. 

And if we need to send a message, we can pop into the other thread.

Just a suggestion from a neat freak.

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 01:34:38 PM »
Great idea! I just split the topic in two. Thanks!

DancingWarPanda

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 05:17:40 PM »
Another Excellent Success, what's the bonus that I get?

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 10:45:46 AM »
Make sure to type out the modifiers for the perception check, I want to know what modifiers you added to add more fluff to the descriptions.

EDIT: Mckma, I need the updated character sheet before you start making rolls. Check your email and make the necessary corrections.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:40:55 AM by Dom »

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 12:14:47 PM »
Tch, so close.  Anything I can do for a cheap +5 to the check? 8D
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 12:24:42 PM »
I'll check your character sheet if there's anything that might give you a bonus. If not, you can reroll by burning a Moxie point or try another approach.

EDIT: I will allow using Academics: Psychology as a complementary skill, which would add a +30 bonus to the check. I could see it being used as your character knowing various 'tells' that people show when they are lying and trying to suppress them. Only use the base skill of 60, not the 70 from the Criminal Psychology specialization.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:32:00 PM by Dom »

csr556

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2011, 01:44:13 PM »
WOW!!!

I am tactless and clueless.

BTW - I hate dice rollers.  A necessary evil, but the ones I use for Shadowrun hate me too.

DancingWarPanda

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2011, 02:48:34 PM »
20 from enhanced vision, 10 from a sleight, actually you should remove that last 10. I thought I bought specs and I didn't. Either way it still succeeded.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2011, 07:04:01 PM »
I'll check your character sheet if there's anything that might give you a bonus. If not, you can reroll by burning a Moxie point or try another approach.

EDIT: I will allow using Academics: Psychology as a complementary skill, which would add a +30 bonus to the check. I could see it being used as your character knowing various 'tells' that people show when they are lying and trying to suppress them. Only use the base skill of 60, not the 70 from the Criminal Psychology specialization.

Wonderful, thanks. =D Here's hopin'!

Edit: I should probably roll. *downs*

Academics: Psychology (60) Rolling 1d100:
(10): Total = 10
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:07:03 PM by Moondog »
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2011, 07:31:57 PM »
Sorry I wasn't able to get on that character sheet earlier, I've made about half the changes I want, so it should be finished tonight...

Is it unreasonable to assume that there is some form of public transportation?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:32:09 PM by Mckma »

DancingWarPanda

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2011, 08:21:21 PM »
You know it's been a while since I played a character who has a drastically different personality then my own. It took all my willpower to make him rush into that situation and stay true to his personality rather then do what I would usually do and hang back.

Hopefully that won't get us killed lol.

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2011, 08:45:12 PM »
Sorry I wasn't able to get on that character sheet earlier, I've made about half the changes I want, so it should be finished tonight...

Is it unreasonable to assume that there is some form of public transportation?

No problem, you can roll skills now.

In Noctis-Qianjiao, there's taxi cars, rentable bicycles and the Noctis Tram (Also called the Night Train). There's more info on page 117 and 119 of Sunward.

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2011, 02:36:02 PM »
In regards to opening a door, Hardware: Electronics seems like the skill of choice in Eclipse Phase. However, I will allow you to use Infiltration at a -10 penalty or an Infosec roll with no penalty. Some complementary skills that could give you a +30 to the check if made could be Profession: Ego Hunter since you might have had experience opening locked doors with that, or Research to look up the schematics of the lock to get a better idea of how to open it. You can also use the Covert Operations Tool, but its likely that it will trigger an alarm on the building's network.

Other ways to open the door could be to talk to the landlord and make him open the door, or to use Networking to find someone who could open the door.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 02:43:10 PM by Dom »

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2011, 03:05:06 PM »
In regards to opening a door, Hardware: Electronics seems like the skill of choice in Eclipse Phase. However, I will allow you to use Infiltration at a -10 penalty or an Infosec roll with no penalty. Some complementary skills that could give you a +30 to the check if made could be Profession: Ego Hunter since you might have had experience opening locked doors with that, or Research to look up the schematics of the lock to get a better idea of how to open it. You can also use the Covert Operations Tool, but its likely that it will trigger an alarm on the building's network.

Other ways to open the door could be to talk to the landlord and make him open the door, or to use Networking to find someone who could open the door.

Awesome, I have crazy Hardware: Electronics skill...

DancingWarPanda

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2011, 07:31:34 PM »
Could I retry that same role with a +20 from Academic: Sociology? I would think someone with some knowledge of the field would be a good judge of political climate.