Author Topic: Group Size and its Effect on Games  (Read 12857 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Group Size and its Effect on Games
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 12:01:57 AM »
The Wild Talents game I run with 6 players has been great since I split it up on 2 nights. Some players jump in on both nights and some don't always make it but 3-4 players is ideal since I'm beginning to work in a lot of characterization. The sessions where I have 5 or more players are definitely more chaotic and I'm not able to get into the better roleplaying.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 01:10:47 AM »
The Wild Talents game I run with 6 players has been great since I split it up on 2 nights. Some players jump in on both nights and some don't always make it but 3-4 players is ideal since I'm beginning to work in a lot of characterization. The sessions where I have 5 or more players are definitely more chaotic and I'm not able to get into the better roleplaying.

I think this would be a lot of fun and work really well for my situation, except the fact that I can't commit that much time to RPGs right now (unfortunately)...

Definitely looking forward to when these start getting posted (though I noticed the second TMNT is up, which I am eager to listen to)...

New Start

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 05:27:48 PM »
Self-destructive masochistic tendencies. I'm going to try to upload Episode 2 tonight or tomorrow, it had the smallest group and the biggest scares. - SageNytell

I just listen to your game, and I got to say I am imprest. You did a admirable job as the GM with a group that big, but that one girl playing the Canadian, really took the other players out of the game. Was she the player that doesn’t 'play nicely with others'?

Anyway, I really liked the scene when the players walk into the “frat party”, it was very ’festive’.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 05:33:35 PM by New Start »
Totems aren't "pack licenses," they're not handed out by the National Registry of Uratha Pack Services as soon as you complete Form 12458-B, Petition for the Formation of a Pack (Tribes of the Moon and Unaffiliated). - Kordeth

SageNytell

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 12:30:15 AM »
The promised episode 2 has finally been uploaded. We had 6 players this time, so it was a bit lighter, and things went quite a bit smoother for simply having that one less player. The two middle sessions, we had the least people, and the whole mood really benefits. The last episode, when and if it ever gets published, is a nine-player trainwreck. Cool stuff happened, but still...
Having done it, it was fun. Would I do it agai- Ahahahaha fuuuuuck no.

Funnily enough, due to a variety of assorted stupid drama and asshattery (some of it very likely mine) as well as one dude doing theatre, our regular group is now only four people, myself included. Funny how these things end up going.