Author Topic: Where do you listen to RPPR?  (Read 56432 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Where do you listen to RPPR?
« on: February 17, 2011, 07:19:19 PM »
Ross suggested it so I did it.

Welcome to "Where do you listen to RPPR?". Obviously that's just a title because we're also interested in "how do you listen", "why do you listen", and "what is the most awesome place you've listened" to RPPR.

Myself I nearly always listen to RPPR on my MP3 player while I'm walking around, so it's either between my house and the supermarket or between my house and my local game store most of the time. This also means, since I walk late at night, that I am often wandering dark streets at night while listening to CoC games.

AmishNinja

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NaturalOne
Re: Where do you listen to RPPR?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 07:37:24 PM »
I listen to APs when I'm at the gym sometimes. It's a hilarious fusion of jock behavior and extreme nerdiness. No pump-up tunes in these earphones, no sir. Just the sounds of some bros hanging out, rollin' some dice together.

I was listening to the Prototype game once while doing a pretty tough set - and it was right at the part where Jason throws a rock at an oncoming car. I laughed so hard that I almost dropped my weights. I actually had to stop working out for 5 minutes or so because I was absolutely dying of laughter. It got me some stares.

Otherwise, I often listen to the APs at work, which can prevent me from giving it my undivided attention all the way through. Once the weather is nicer, perhaps I'll go out for walks at night while listening and get creeped out like everyone else. Caleb's last game in particular was heavy on the Creep Factor but it's tough to really feel it when you're in a well-lit office with other people.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 07:59:08 PM »
Riding the bus/walking to school mostly.  I also listen to them while cleaning or cooking (this is actually my favorite time because it's the perfect thing to do)...

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 08:03:40 PM »
I normally listen to RPPR APs while I'm home. Sometimes I'll cook or clean with the headphones on, or just relax at the couch or at the bed while listening to the APs.

Charlie72

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 08:11:03 PM »
At my computer or in my room on my labtop.

Joven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 11:19:45 PM »
I listen to podcasts on my laptop with headphones, and in general (and APs especially) at work while playing video games or browsing the web or in the rare times Im actually working, pretty much anytime I'm not interacting with someone or watching a video/tv show/anime.  Also when at home and playing some video games.

Just wish there were more of them sometimes (specially when the weeks AP is a con game, cause i just cant listen to those), since the aps + the other podcasts i listen to aren't enough to fill all weeks time at work sometimes.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:30:15 PM by Joven »

Z

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 11:29:09 PM »
I usually listen to RPPR while trying to bang something out on the keyboard or guitar. It's pretty much the only time I can justify sitting in place and listening to people talk about cyberpunk Lady Gaga.

SageNytell

• We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 11:34:25 PM »
Well, if you live or work in New York, I listen to podcasts while processing your tax information and documentation. Most of the time I'm a phone rep, which means I listen to the shows and games in between calls to unwind after someone gets done calling me a fascist and other similar names, but more recently I've been doing a lot more correspondence work with collection actions following tax evasion. Long story short it's long, boring, extraordinarily thankless, and the people I'm helping fix their own credit and to stop breaking the law refuse to see it that way and like to waste long periods of time calling me names and making vague threats against my life and livelihood, so the podcasts go a long way in making my job that much more tolerable.
Lemme put it this way. If it was not for a gigantic mp3 player, lots of caffeine, and fun gaming discussions and actual plays, there is literally no way I'd be getting through the 11 hour shifts we're doing right now. As is, I'll chug through a minimum of 4-6 hours of audio on any day when overtime is offered, which is actually every day for the last two months, and likely to continue until April at the earliest. So while my job may be the least 'terrifying' job you could possibly have, the only thing keeping me sane is listening to a bunch of people go crazy for a few hours every day.  ;D
So, not trying to rock the boat or anything here, but any long-ass APs from either the RPPR crew or the nice folks on the community site would be mighty kind in the next couple of months. I've gone through all of the RPPR APs at least once over the last year, heard the whole catalogue of the main podcast, listened to the Adam Scott Glancy recordings 3-4 times each, and now I'm pushing through the community APs for Masks of Nyarlothatep and Hourglass of Kavura. Thank you for so many quality hours of sanity and entertainment. You all make my job semibearable, and I really appreciate it.

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 12:21:57 AM »
I listen to RPPR while I'm traveling between home and school/work, or while working out, or while cleaning up my house.

Generally, I listen to the podcasts while I'm doing anything by myself that doesn't require me to create anything.
(Also, kind of odd, but I listen to RPPR while I'm trying to fall asleep some nights. I can't fall asleep very well, and it helps to have noise, so I've very often fallen asleep listening to DnD antics or CoC creepery. This also led to me waking up one time in the middle of the Slenderman AP, which was it's own special brand of terrifying.)

The best place I ever listened to RPPR was on a train from Connecticut to Charleston, SC. Marathoned the U-boote Heraus session, all eleven or twelve hours, front to back. It was amazing.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Wooberman

• I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 04:52:10 AM »
I listen to APs and episodes mostly on the way to/from work on the bus or pretty much whenever i need to walk anywhere. I used to be able to listen to them at work but due to the current "economic depression" The NHS have needed to make cutbacks on many things including Jobs, Yearly Salary increments and fun. Thus i am no longer allowed to listen to an MP3 player or radio at work. I'm expecting smiling and eating to be next.

joecrak

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 09:04:36 AM »
At work, i do data entry and our company encourages us to listen to something to help alleviate the mind numbingly boring work we do.
Freedom is not a license for chaos.

Shallazar

• I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 09:52:08 AM »
Well game 19 of Masks is extra special long just for you SageNytell.

I listen to RPPR either on my front porch, while I'm in the dark in the basement and when I drive between towns. I've got my recliner, incense, pipe, coffee and Baileys for when a New World episode comes out. But lately at work I've been tasked with purging our file archives and shredding thousands of files so RPPR is keeping me from loosing it as the shredder jams because paper from the 80's is just too much for it to handle.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 01:35:24 PM by Shallazar »
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

beej

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 02:38:51 PM »
I listen to RPPR at work, at home and when I go for walks.  I also listen when I'm sailing in and around Catalina island.   It can take 4 hours each way and it's a great way to pass the time.

Funny anicdote about the Uboat AP and sailing.   The boat isn't all that big, just 30ft, so there's only one cabin light and you look straight into the cabin from the cockpit if the cabin panels are open.   It has two colors, regular white light (like in houses) and red light.  You use the red light at night if the cabin panels are open so you don't murder the night vision of whoever is on the helm.    So night has fallen and we're approaching where we're anchoring for the night.  I'm in the cabin, with the red light on, sitting at the table going over a chart, comparing what we charted verses what the gps said we sailed and listening to the Uboat AP because its nautical.  I lean over so I can look up into the cockpit and ask my roommate on the helm  "Think we have time to kill cultists this weekend?"   He just looked at me and shook his head.   
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 04:14:49 PM »
Ross suggested it so I did it.

Welcome to "Where do you listen to RPPR?". Obviously that's just a title because we're also interested in "how do you listen", "why do you listen", and "what is the most awesome place you've listened" to RPPR.

Myself I nearly always listen to RPPR on my MP3 player while I'm walking around, so it's either between my house and the supermarket or between my house and my local game store most of the time. This also means, since I walk late at night, that I am often wandering dark streets at night while listening to CoC games.

Pretty much this.
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 04:30:15 PM »
Pretty much this.

Don't go trying to me the new me, Moondog. I've been obsessing over Ross and Tom way too long to be edged out now.