Author Topic: Where do you listen to RPPR?  (Read 56433 times)

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you listen to RPPR?
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2011, 11:34:11 PM »
My new job has me driving from Shawnee, KS (west side of the Kansas City metro), to Topeka on highway I-70. It's a 50 minute drive, one way. I gets me some RPPR on the road.
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2011, 12:17:14 AM »
Usually on my ipon while I'm cleaning up the apartment, thinking of ways of why I disagree with whatever nonsense Ross just happened to say.

HAY WAIT A MINUTE

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2011, 02:44:52 AM »
My new job has me driving from Shawnee, KS (west side of the Kansas City metro), to Topeka on highway I-70. It's a 50 minute drive, one way. I gets me some RPPR on the road.

My last job before this one had me going an hour one way, I listened to alot of RPPR on the road.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

cutechemist

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2011, 11:51:01 AM »
I know I'm late to this game, but I am new on this site and fairly new at gaming. I listen to RPPR at work. It's a nice way to ignore my boss so I don't beat the hell out of him for the stupid things he says...for example, if you don't believe that man came from Adam and Eve... you're a racist. So in this respect... i thank you for letting me stay sane enough to not go to jail!

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2011, 12:51:30 PM »

That's a horrendous commute. How do you make it in "50 minutes"? Every time I hit the I-70 / US 5 interchange to head north to St. Joe, I get stuck there for a friggin hour. Granted, I've not driven that trek in a while.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

NaturaFictor

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2011, 06:44:50 PM »
RPPR was the prime thing I'd listen to in my previous job where commuting was 3-4 hours a day stuck in the car on top of a 60-70 hour work week. If not for the actual plays I would have gone absolutely insane from that drive in traffic.

attic

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2011, 09:30:13 AM »
I mostly listen to RPPR while commuting to and from work and other places (housework tends to fly by when listening to actual plays). I had a job where I was in a carpool and worked in a shop for 13 hours in a day but since I left that one I've been slowly catching up on old actual plays.

RPPR is actually the reason why the table-toper inside of me was reawakened.  Sadly, the few groups I've managed to get together in recent memory have fallen apart due to either drama or lack of participation. RPPR is the only place I can get my fix these days and I'm thankful for it!

motorbreathjazz

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2011, 05:42:43 PM »
I'm a mail carrier and one of the last to deliver out of my own car, so I have an MP3 hookup on my radio. My route is 4 hours long so I listen to RRPR and APRRPR out on my routes. The only challenge is turning down the radio in time to censer Tom's language. Dosn't bother me any but some of my customers get pissy when they hear comments about frog snatch.

MonsterMike

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2011, 04:45:00 PM »
While driving back and forth to work - I have a 30 minute commute and often get burned out on NPR or the local morning deejays.

While doing dishes - no, we don't have a dishwasher.  Can you guess I might be a Grognard?

Falling asleep at night.  Nothing puts me to sleep like the soothing sounds of Ross's endless stream of GM blather.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2011, 09:33:31 PM »
RPPR: putting listeners to sleep since 2007

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2011, 11:06:46 PM »

In a good way. RPPR is the insomnia cure. Either you fall asleep because it's soothing, or you stay awake anyway and have something entertaining to listen to.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2012, 10:09:00 AM »
Thanks to this new App I can listen to RPPR on my phone.

My phone is always with me, even in the movie theatre.

When I'm stuck in a queue I boot up RPPR, doing laundry- RPPR, taking a work dodging dump- RPPR.

I used to have an annoying girlfriend, but since I started listening to RPPR instead of her, I don't see her anymore.

Thanks RPPR. Entertainment for life.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2012, 11:39:58 AM »
I used to have an annoying girlfriend, but since I started listening to RPPR instead of her, I don't see her anymore.

This needs to be in the RPPR commercial, if there ever is one.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2012, 12:40:43 PM »

Ross: putting me to sleep since 2004.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2012, 01:12:20 PM »
Thanks to this new App I can listen to RPPR on my phone.

My phone is always with me, even in the movie theatre.

When I'm stuck in a queue I boot up RPPR, doing laundry- RPPR, taking a work dodging dump- RPPR.

Thanks RPPR. Entertainment for life.

Which app are you using?