Author Topic: Where do you listen to RPPR?  (Read 56449 times)

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
Re: Where do you listen to RPPR?
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2012, 05:36:15 PM »
BeyondPod for Android.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

nomad0772

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2012, 05:54:27 PM »
Hay Everyone,

I listen to RPPR, the podcast and the AP way, back and forth to work.  I am a Paramedic / Firefighter in a local rural county.  I travail about and hour each way.  I also work 24 hour shifts on what we call a 9 day cycle. I work about 3 out of 9 days with a 4 day break every cycle. I also listen to RPPR during down time at the fire station when I am on shift. Love listening to you guys keep up the good work.

Jacko

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Hrrrrrmmmmmm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2012, 09:18:45 AM »
I mainly listen during my commute to and from work but also on my lunch hour.  I talk on a phone for 8 hours a day so plugging in some headphones and listening to other people talk without having to respond is a really nice break.  I've been using SPlayer for Android on a Galaxy tablet.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2012, 01:33:21 PM »
how well does splayer work?

Jacko

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Hrrrrrmmmmmm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2012, 03:21:50 PM »
I'd rate it a solid 'N'bad'. 

Pros:
Saves your pause position
Allows you to use other apps while still listening
Easy playlist editing/creation

Cons:
If you lose or gain internet connectivity, it may stop and revert to the last pause position
Adjusting playback position (To, say, correct the above) is cumbersome and not very accurate

DustinKoski

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2012, 03:03:32 AM »
While shelving books, cds, and dvds at the library for my usual five hours a working day or at doing routine homework.

EndersLegend

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2012, 07:59:07 PM »
I download them to my iPhone and listen at work.

rgallius

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2012, 08:07:12 PM »
I do merchandising for a big box company, and I listen to RPPR in the mornings before the stores open. I also listen on the way to and from work during my 30+ minute commutes.

I happened to find RPPR on Pocket Cast, my Android podcast app. I had previously been listening to music, but had migrated to trying out tech/ android podcasts. On one fateful day, I tried searching for a D&D podcast in the app and RPPR was one of the only ones to pop up. I was drawn in by the icon art, and have been enjoying it since.

Thank you Ross, Tom, and all the rest for entertainment during setting up computers, car radios, TVs and the rest.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2012, 08:51:35 PM »
I do merchandising for a big box company, and I listen to RPPR in the mornings before the stores open. I also listen on the way to and from work during my 30+ minute commutes.

I happened to find RPPR on Pocket Cast, my Android podcast app. I had previously been listening to music, but had migrated to trying out tech/ android podcasts. On one fateful day, I tried searching for a D&D podcast in the app and RPPR was one of the only ones to pop up. I was drawn in by the icon art, and have been enjoying it since.

Thank you Ross, Tom, and all the rest for entertainment during setting up computers, car radios, TVs and the rest.

Cool! Thanks for sharing. I've never even heard of Pocket Cast yet we somehow got on there. Weird but good :D

filipinojew

« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2012, 06:22:18 PM »
Time to pop the post cherry.

Hey folks. I first found out about RPPR because I was looking around for 4e actual play podcasts. Still haven't finished the New World campaign, as it is. I'm fairly new to the hobby, though I've been wanting to get into it for quite some time now. What made me stick around though were the CoC actual plays, which were my first experiences with the game. It was right after listening to the Haunting session that I went out and bought the Chaosium book. I had a similar experience with the Gaga 2.0 game, but I digress.

Actual plays were my constant companion on morning runs, and I have formed a somewhat unhealthy attachment to your voices. I only very recently started listening to the RPPR episodes themselves, which makes the lengthy bike ride to the university all the more enjoyable. As well as educational, game-wise. So before you guys go the way of John Candy, I wanted to thank you for the hours of entertainment.