Author Topic: RPPR Confessional  (Read 13364 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
RPPR Confessional
« on: February 25, 2011, 11:37:28 AM »
It's easy to get advise from Ross and Tom during the RPPR show and use it to develope ideas for your own games. But it's even easier to just steal their ideas from the actual plays and shows.

So, come on, fess up! We've all done it. Step inside the confessional, reveal your sins against RPPR's intellectual property rights, and receive your penitence.

I ran a game of Divine Fire, the second version with prisioners.

I also ran a modern day League of Extraordinary Gentlemen game.

I may have sort of totally stolen the concept of the New World campaign and tried to do it in an Eberron game set in the reclaimed wilderness reigions.

AdriRaven

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: RPPR Confessional
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 11:43:22 AM »

I ran a warped version of Divine Fire, with elements from both the Soldier run and a the Prisoner run.  I have no idea how to run the KGB Files off of what happened in my game, with the group of chuckleheads I have to work with, but I'm sure I'll think of something.   :D

Beyond that, nothing more.  At least nothing more that has been committed, yet.

However, plans are in the works!

...heck, if I could figure out a way to run Bryson Springs with my group without it turning into a PvP clusterfuck, I certainly would give it my best shove.

crash2455

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 12:40:24 PM »
Uh. . . I'm running Road Trip?

In terms of more ripped off, I had a hobgoblin encampment in D&D scenario after listening to the first Goblin Hulk session. 

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 01:00:20 PM »
Uh. . . I'm running Road Trip? 

You should be ashamed of yourself, sir! Stealing an entire campain from Ross...

Speaking of, actually, I ran a Well of Sacrifices game, which actually might be more like theft since Ross was running it out of somebody else's book so...

AmishNinja

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 03:11:11 PM »
Uhhhh... what are you talking about? I'm awesome at making stuff up and never need to borrow ideas from anything :smug:

I ran 4 sessions of a New World Campaign. I used some of the supplemental material but switched up NPCs, took input from players on the quirks/personality of said NPCs, different plot arcs, etc.

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 03:13:07 PM »
I did my own League of Extraordinary Gentlemen game in Risus, pretty much ripped off the Ghostbusters game. I didn't get that far since the players couldn't find a way to reconcile The Doctors peaceful nature with Wolverines Stabby McStab Stab attitude.

I ran Fear Itself  Slenderman and afterwards we all wished we had recorded it, It went great.

I am planning on running Divine Fire in the near future.

I also did a one shot 3.5 version of The New World where we just ran around the brand new colony looking for a water source. I stipulated that they must pick base classes that were not in the PHB and no ToB or ToM. Ended with the Ninja trying to assassinate King Sea-Moss and failing horribly.

Apparently the Grippli are not as cute and awesome when I play them, or maybe my group is a full of callous assholes.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

TPKthulhu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 01:29:40 AM »
Ran Divine Fire and it worked out splendidly!

Ran Candle Cove and it fell apart half way through when all the PCs ran off the rails and I couldn't reign it back in.

Ran U Boote Heraus, but only made it halfway through (though I suppose that's actually Adam Scott Glancy's game, but I heard it on RPPR. Same goes for Convergence because I ran it after I heard Ross do it).

Ran B12 and it spawned a campaign that lasted a whole summer!

I plan to run Arcadia Signal next, with Bryson Springs and The KGB Files to follow.

"Screw your idea check! I poke it with a stick!"

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 04:20:37 PM »
I ran Divine Fire V1 in SWSE.   Players were elite Storm Commandos.  Grunfield was a Kissai Sith Abomination..that as a canibal of course.  We only made it half way through because the players freaked out over feeding human flesh to the Grunfield and all the frozen corpses that had been cracked open like lobster tails and deboned.   

I ran 12 sessions of a New World game, almost got to the end of Heroic tier (player moved away and game ended).  Players thought it was one of the best games they'd played in years.  Grippili building a golden statue of the Platnium Frog Father Bahamet...epic.
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 04:26:05 PM »
A few weeks ago I ran Unauthorized Content which went over really well.  In retrospect I feel I could have done a better job of it, but everyone had fun, so I suppose I succeeded.  I also would love to run Bryson Springs if Caleb doesn't mind (especially if he shared some notes) since I just loved the 30's Hoover-ville setting...

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
  • I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 05:25:19 PM »
Go for it.  I'll put the notes up soon as I get some time to revise them.

Fen Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 07:43:04 PM »
I borrowed the opening scene from Ross' M&M Age of masks game for a game I ran a few weeks ago. supprisingly that was the only part of the game that didn't go down hill.

AdriRaven

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 09:09:52 AM »
One of my friends desperately wants to play in a supers game.  I am committing the heinous crime of considering the theft of Ross' world writeup that was being discussed on these boards, with the DIY-style supers.  That sounds lower-level and interesting enough to keep people on their toes.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 03:04:54 PM »
A few weeks ago I ran Unauthorized Content which went over really well. 

Do you have a recording / notes? I got feedback from Sean that I'm going to incorporate in the next set of revisions.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 06:39:52 PM »
A few weeks ago I ran Unauthorized Content which went over really well. 

Do you have a recording / notes? I got feedback from Sean that I'm going to incorporate in the next set of revisions.

I've got a recording, I plan on getting all of my recording stuff squared away this weekend (a few games and some other stuff).  I'll put it up on the AP site as well as give you a message when I do and maybe some of the thoughts...

Seejo Crux

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • High INT, Low CHA. Tend to be social misfits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 07:46:23 PM »
I know this isn't quite on-topic, but I wanted to confess that I've always imagined Dan and Bill as one unified being who just happens to change his name from night to night. It's only after listening to New World Episode 41 that I realize this is an unhealthy way to view him/them.

I now consider Dan and Bill to be a Siamese twin. One just occasionally sleeps through gaming sessions.