Author Topic: Tell me your best Palladium story...  (Read 4412 times)

Palladiumaniac

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Tell me your best Palladium story...
« on: September 27, 2011, 04:45:26 PM »
I remember my first Palladium game....TMNT. I think it was 1986. My friend bought it in a comic book store.

I rolled up a 5 foot tall squirrel named Roadkill who drove a monster truck...heady stuff I know.

But by gawd it was definitely a big change of pace from stodgy old 3X5 card character sheet Traveller, the then stagnant 'Oh wow yet another orc!' AD&D and uninspiring Top Secret.

Roadkill went on to smoosh many a foe under the wheels of his big bad 4-wheel Ford. He died tragically one day, on the side of a river, pulled out of his beloved truck and struck down by cybernetically enhanced robo-aligator assassins. Not my most memorable Palladium memory, but my first.

I don't recall having any issues with the system. Just a lot of fun.

I know gamers love to tell stories...I'd like to here some good positive ones.

Also what happened with the Palladium Games grab-bag Rifts experiment mentioned in episode 52?
The Seede of Lovecraft and Siembieda B'mingled...to create the perfect gamer.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Tell me your best Palladium story...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 05:49:03 PM »
fuck it i'll post it next.

Palladiumaniac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 05:25:39 PM »
Oh you actually went thru with your experiment?

I'm most curious....

Moondog

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 09:48:42 PM »
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangness. Wanted to give it a run, because I am a sucker for systems with awesomely random Char-Gen, and wrote up a pretty basic one-shot. The PCs are a group of mutants, all but three of whom were trained by the same ninja sensei, with the last one being a military trained. . .skunk espionage agent. SOLID SKUNK.

Anyway, while wildly dissimilar, they worked together reasonably well, and quickly bit at the plot-hook - while watchin' the 'ol TV, they see, according to my notes:

""Next week, the Metropolitan Museum of America will be unveiling their latest exhibit, the preserved brain of one of America's greatest costumed heroes, Admiral America. He gave his life in a brave conflict with Komrade Redinskovich three months ago, and this was all that could be salvaged." the TV cuts to a dramatic clip of the great American hero battling an equally large man in red, with a hammer and sickle on his chest. It cuts out, as apparently something destroyed the camera.

April continues: "In his will, he specified that in the event that he perished, whatever was left of his body was to be preserved and shown as an example of heroism and sacrifice for America. Why he specified this, nobody is sure, however there are rumors" she winks at this "Unsubstantiated rumors, that the brain will someday be transplanted into a new body, to continue The Good Fight&trade;. Oddly enough, there are <B>also</B> rumors that something plans to steal the brain. Ridiculous, right? This is April O'Neil, Channel 6 News, reporting."

The TV cuts to some uninteresting guy with way too much black dye in his hair talking about the weather. "

Not wanting an artifact of sweet Americana robbed (this is a non-serious game, folks), they made a few checks, ended up finding a trail to the docks, utterly demolished a few unorganized LA MUERTO NEGRO  thugs, one of whom dropped a cell phone whose last call was to a gym. . .

Yadda yadda, they ended up tangling with LA MUERTO NEGRO (always in caps, always) a new, vicious syndicate, and in the gym, faced EL CABRO FUERTE, who happened to be one of the important bad guys, the #2 guy in the syndicate.

Tough baddy, very focused on hand to hand and what not, but I figured a group of four, all of which were decent, ought to be able to take down one human, even a well built one. Right?

Well. . .no. EL CABRO FUERTE proceeded to punch, dropkick, and suplex the entire party into unconsciousness, and while I could have continued the game from there, as they try to figure out where to find the stolen (since they got knocked out, it's auto-stolen, because that's how Saturday Morning Cartoons work) brain, but, well.

After a TPKO by an all caps luchadore, all my players were too busy laughing to continue. Something about a luchadore piledriving an anthropomorphic shark with a light machinegun tickled their fancy I guess.
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Palladiumaniac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 10:44:08 AM »
Moondog...how could that game not continue?

It sounded pretty fun and very much in the spirit of the cartoon show.

Anyway thanks for the great tale.

Oh and as a kid...Moondog's Rex and Spot were my favorite pro wrestlers...Moondog was the name of my very first D&D character as well.

http://www.lethalwrestling.com/opinions/news_content.php?fileName=711
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 10:55:27 AM by Palladiumaniac »