Author Topic: Wil Wheaton loves 4e!  (Read 8838 times)

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
Wil Wheaton loves 4e!
« on: May 01, 2009, 09:41:12 AM »
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Wil Wheaton loves 4e!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 11:22:19 AM »
He was really good in the second Penny Arcade / PVP D&D Podcast set. I mean, he didn't save the day but he made a good party addition. I loved his freak outs moments at the end of fights.

Phelanar

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Stop nuzzling the instrument of my vengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 05:13:01 AM »
I agree that he was fun to listen to in the PA/PvP podcasts and I hope they include him in future ones. Wil Wheaton turned out surprisingly well considering how many of us grew up wanting to push Wesley Crusher into a man-sized blender feet first.
A great ninja move is like great jazz. Nobody is aware of it and anyone who saw it live is now dead.

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 09:10:30 AM »
I don't understand the hatred towards Wesley Crusher. I realize that it was a little ridiculous sometimes to have the kid seemingly always solving the big problem, but Wil was so great as the character that I was never annoyed by him. He brought a level of maturity to the character that a lesser actor wouldn't have. There was so much potential for Wesley Crusher and future storylines, but instead, we have episodes where Data is playing Sherlock Holmes in the holodeck.

Wow. That's bullshit.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Phelanar

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Stop nuzzling the instrument of my vengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 04:14:46 PM »
The problem is one that even Wil admits. He was a wish fulfillment character for Gene Roddenberry and a lot of the early writing for him was absolutely atrocious. It's true, that once they started writing Wesley better and TNG got better in general that Wesley was a much better character, but by then a lot of people already didn't like him.
A great ninja move is like great jazz. Nobody is aware of it and anyone who saw it live is now dead.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 04:23:05 PM »
My problem with Wesley was his outfit. Once he got a uniform I was fine but that gray jump suit with the colored half lines was too dumb for me to take him seriously.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 07:49:26 PM »
My problem with Wesley was his outfit. Once he got a uniform I was fine but that gray jump suit with the colored half lines was too dumb for me to take him seriously.

Lawl, I can agree with that. I never mind wesley, Course I was a huge jordie laforge fan, so Wesley could have the bridge all he wanted.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 08:50:44 PM »
I just rewatched (for like the twentyninth time) Stand By Me, and to think that Gordon Lachance plays DnD, well it justifies my obsession with both 50's music and rolling 18s.
I'll never watch Stand By Me without thinking of Wil rolling saving throws against leeches again.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.