Author Topic: Wild Talents question  (Read 189108 times)

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Talents question
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2012, 07:11:21 PM »
I'd look at this as a matter or preference... however, I'd like to put it to popular opinion as I am not sure how to go as of yet.

Sensors 3/die 2hd 12 pts
Useful[Self]
Extras and Flaws: Duration +2, Self Only -3, Variable Effect +4, If/Then(Only for different senes) -1 Focus -1
Effect: Allows the user to view the world through alternate spectrums of light as well as make certain energy signatures visable.

Or

Sensors 4/die 5d1wd
Useful[Range]
Extras and Flaws: Variable Effect +4, If/Then(Only for different senses) -1, Focus -1
Effect: You can roll your Sensor dice to instead of your Perception dice to notice things on other spectrums, or specific energy signatures.

Personally I am leaning more toward the first one. Although it is slightly cheaper, it also requires that you still be able to use Perception and Scrutiny to find things.

What do you think?
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2012, 11:39:17 AM »
Operational Skill (+0)
You must have a particular Skill to use the focus. Use the lower of the two dice pools, either the focus’ power or the Skill. If you have Hard Dice or Wiggle Dice in the Skill dice pool, however, you can use them even if the focus itself has no Hard Dice or Wiggle Dice.

I have an idea of how I think this works, I'd like someone else to explain this to me to make sure I have it right. Especially "If you have Hard Dice or Wiggle Dice in the Skill dice pool, however, you can use them even if the focus itself has no Hard Dice or Wiggle Dice."

Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?Please?

SageNytell

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2012, 01:03:44 PM »
Yes.  ;D You're buying the focus itself, it's adding an additional wrinkle onto other points you're spending on your skill/hyperskill. I would rule that you can only use a dice pool up to the total number of dice in the focus, however.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2012, 02:47:46 PM »
If I am reading it correctly:
Say it's a super pistol.

You use the smaller of your pistol/hyperpistol+coordination/hypercoordination or your focus die pool

Example:

11d
Pistol Focus

or

5 Coordination+ 5 Pistol skill

means you would use your Coordination and Pistol pool because it's lower. You would still use this pool even if it were full of hard and wiggle dice, even though the pistol focus does not have it's own hd or wd.

Is that about right?

SageNytell

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2012, 03:01:33 PM »
If I understand the rules correctly, yes, you've got it.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2012, 04:22:51 PM »
If I understand the rules correctly, yes, you've got it.

Well thanks, I have run about 10 sessions of this so far and still haven't gotten it 100% question free. Glad to see I'm picking it up.

On that note I am currently accepting suggestions for "Villain of the week" from people. I would be more than happy to hear anything you all come up with.

So far I have a reptile/amphibian themed villain who can super jump, turn invisible, spit poison and bite. Gliding and sticking to walls also included.

Also a man who is a Pyro/Cryo Kinetic and can take on an armored ice form or a human torch flying form. Or in between that he can become insubstantial by turing into steam.

SageNytell

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2012, 08:40:11 PM »
"Gravity Dude" - can manipulate localized gravitational force around himself for movement, quasi-super strength, and defense. Walk up walls, hit like a ton of bricks (literally), and bullets will be hopelessly accelerated away from him. Not in the evil business for the evil, in it for the challenge. Got something of a surfer dude mentality.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2012, 03:01:55 PM »
I'll give him a try, It'll be interesting to see if they decide to kill him.

As a bonus thought exercise after listening to the new episode of New Arcadia:

How would you go about stating out Consequence's Attack me Not power?(I'm open to hearing everybody throw out ideas. Plus we have a bonus of the Caleb actually posting on these forums regularly so we can get it straight from the source as it we're)

Attack me and face the CONSEQUENCE 9/die 10hd [90 pts]
Attacks[Ranged]
Endless +3, If/Then(Only activates if someone intends him harm) -1, Non-Physical +3, Speeding Bullet +2

Maybe that would cover it? I'm sure there is a more elegant way to handle it, but this is my quick write up off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 03:03:47 PM by Flawless P »

Froggycleric

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 26, 2012, 07:44:10 PM »
Attack me and face the CONSEQUENCE 11/die 3hd[66 pts]
Attack[Ranged]
Permentant +4, Radius +2, Non-Physical +2, Speeding Bullet +2, +2 attack levels, +2 go first
 Horrifying -1, It's always on -1, If/then(Only activates if someone intends him harm) -1
I don't know if another if/then is needed to cover it going to allies of the person who attacked is needed or if the radius and your original if/then covers that already. I changed endless to perm/iao since it didn't seem consequence could turn off his powers.

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2012, 05:03:11 PM »
I've lost the sheet since then and don't feel like redoing the process.

Holyeskimo pretty much has it, though. As I recall, I cheapened the brain stew power a bit though. Since it is non-physical, there is no dodging or mitigating the damage. I put it at 4hd and left off attack levels and go first. If you don't have nonphysical specific magic or telepathic defense, you're pretty much fucked anyway.

The offense is a linked to a cheap empath power with a lot of radius and 2hd. Empath power goes off automatically with the hit, identifies all targets, then the "empathy bomb" triggers. The power is cheapened with a limiting flaw I made up. It can only tell if you want to hurt him or not; he can't figure out how you feel about a political candidate or anything. He can't activate the power at all until harmed.

The healing power has Go Last at something like 3hd with engulf, if i recall. It is automatically triggered and is self only.

Load up a dud immortality power for a few dice and you have an unstoppable killing machine.

So basically, he has three powers that he can't trigger willingly at all. However, all power are triggered once he is harmed, and they always go off. Avalon could beat him by throwing him out of range at the speed of sound, and some powerful telepath might of been able to shut him down. But really, in most cases, it was just best not to fuck with him. I built him on 300 points, if I remember.

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2012, 12:46:02 AM »
Got a question concerning the heroes of New Arcadia campaign and possibly wild talents too. Where did the Lutian... lutean? come from? were they an original creation from the mind of Ross? Or are they in the wild talents book? Just curious about there conceptual origin.
Liquid Water?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #146 on: October 30, 2012, 02:50:33 AM »
I made that shit up

The name is a corruption of Luyten - their home star - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luyten%27s_Star

I spell the alien name as Luytien

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2012, 06:45:25 PM »
Awesome.
Liquid Water?

Froggycleric

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 19, 2012, 12:55:35 PM »
Anyone have a notion how Rj's Omniscience power was built?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #149 on: November 19, 2012, 02:16:33 PM »
I don't remember how it worked. If I was included to have a player with that I'd probably go with:

Useful (Know anything known to man)
2 Hard Dice.

That'd cost 8 points and, as the Storyteller, I'd put a Willpower cost on that (pay 1 Willpower to use the ability). No Duration, no extended function, and self only is build into the wording. It would let you know one thing (GM's judgement about the size of "one thing") known to humankind.