Author Topic: Wild Talents question  (Read 187614 times)

crash2455

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
Re: Wild Talents question
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2012, 04:56:02 PM »
Alright.  Thanks for the help!

Charlie72

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2012, 11:51:41 PM »
I might as well post my girl since I still don't know if I got my maths right, with hyper skills and all that
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qEaCOxp1tQa1G0rX8Daqx_S-X7Bo8orH-MWpy-Q-c9w/edit?hl=en_US

SageNytell

• We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2012, 12:33:07 AM »
I might as well post my girl since I still don't know if I got my maths right, with hyper skills and all that
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qEaCOxp1tQa1G0rX8Daqx_S-X7Bo8orH-MWpy-Q-c9w/edit?hl=en_US

I'll look this over a bit closer in the morning, but first impressions - holy shit man, got enough Base Will?

Also wiggle or hard dice in stability is lame. You guys are both going to trigger soooooo many trauma checks for having Full Power Only on your giant fuckoff powers, and with wiggle dice in stability you're basically just a serial murderer who has no problem with killing on a whim. That's no fun.  :P

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2012, 12:42:59 AM »

I'll look this over a bit closer in the morning, but first impressions - holy shit man, got enough Base Will?

Also wiggle or hard dice in stability is lame. You guys are both going to trigger soooooo many trauma checks for having Full Power Only on your giant fuckoff powers, and with wiggle dice in stability you're basically just a serial murderer who has no problem with killing on a whim. That's no fun.  :P
Yeah, I ended up taking my HD out of stability (partially because of that and partially because I realized it made the Loopy flaw pointless).  Technically since they're hyperdice, I think our characters will freak out after the magical girl-ing is over because they lose all powers and hyperdice when they're not transformed.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:00:14 AM by crash2455 »

Charlie72

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2012, 01:10:21 AM »

Yeah, I ended up taking my HD out of stability (partially because of that and partially because I realized it made the Loopy flaw pointless).  Technically since they're hyperdice, I think our characters will freak out after the magical girl-ing is over because they lose all powers and hyperdice when they're not transformed.
Also, one of the magical girls has the power to summon horrors from beyond time and space. 1 wiggle die might not be enough.   

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »
The Powers for a character I've been designing for fun... His powers are based off of The Dragon Shouts from Skyrim with an emphasis on being more like a Half Dragon in some respects... i.e. Extra Tough and an Attached Heavy Armor... I am looking at the Dr. Jurassic example in the book for a "Transformation" type power.
I made these two breath weapons today...

Knockback Shout (1/Die)
Attacks[Range, Mass]
Attacks Extra's and Flaws:
Power Capacity [Mass] +2
Booster[Mass] +1
Daze +1
High Capacity [Mass] +1
Slow -2
If/Then -1
Obvious -1
Scattered Damage -1
Full Power Only -1

Effect: You let loose a mighty shout that sends your enemy flying dealing random damage to each hit location.

If/Then: Must be able to speak.

Breath of Ice or Fire (1/Die)
Attacks[Range]
Attacks Extra's and Flaws:
Burn +2
Daze +1
Engulf +2
Spray +1
If/Then -1
If/Then -1
Full Power Only -1
Slow -2
Obvious -1
Reduced Capacity [Range] -1

Effect: You spew forth a gout of flame or freezing mist. Damaging your enemies and setting them on fire or stiffening their movements.

If/Then: Must be able to speak.
If/Then: You can only use Daze or Burn at any given time.

Notes: I feel like I whored these points down a bit much... but the limitations are all fitting and honestly I want to add limited damage to the Knockback Shout because I want to have it with lots of knockback and I want it to go first, I want it to be a primarily Defensive Power.

I am not sure if I should buy the Shout with like 7HD or if I should buy it with only a few HD and then buy up Booster and Go First to get it off before I get attacked. I hesitate to buy lots of Hard dice because it's not meant to do much damage.

42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Snake-Eyes

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Illusive Comics & Games
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2012, 03:07:23 PM »
I got a new player coming in and she wants to make The Doctor (Dr Who). So I luckly don't need to stat out a Tardis but she does want the sonic screwdriver. I don't know much about Dr Who lore, so I got no idea how to stat the item out, other than make it a focus. I was told it does everything but doesn't work on wood, which didn't help much. Anyone feel like helping me out?
You've been sucked out of the airlock into the black. Roll all the dice on the table for damage.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2012, 03:47:12 PM »
how many points are the characters?

Snake-Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2012, 04:03:32 PM »
The standard default 125 as the book suggests.
You've been sucked out of the airlock into the black. Roll all the dice on the table for damage.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2012, 04:24:18 PM »
Dr. Who is like a 300+ point character.

the sonic screwdriver is like 500 points.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2012, 04:32:27 PM »
Useful with Variable Effect, Limited: No effect on wood.

+2 (Useful)
+4 (Variable)
-1 (Limited)
-1 (Focus)
__
4 points per die.

Buy two wiggle and three normal (32 + 12 = 44 points) and she'll be able to always succeed at whatever level is needed or to reliably do two screwdriver related things at once.

Naturally this isnt THE Doctor's version. You'd need Speeding Bullet, Go First, and a bunch of other extras.

Snake-Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2012, 06:40:09 PM »
Thanks guys. I can always use the it's damaged so it's not working at full power, to explain the non 500 point version. But now I'm curious as to the stats that Ross pointed at.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2012, 07:37:48 PM »
A sonic screw driver is deus ex machina for tech problems. It would cost somewhere around 7 or 8 points per die and would be a 10wd power
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Jason

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2012, 04:38:58 PM »
Hey guys we are about to start back up with WT on Monday with 500 pt. characters, and I need a little help with designing a new power. I'm calling it The Planar Access Code. Basically I wave my hand in the air and a magical access panel appears. I punch in a code that will open a gateway and allow myself and others to venture into the nexus hub between realms, so we can travel to other planes/dimensions. It will be a 2hd miracle but I'm having trouble with the extras. So far I think it will need radius and probably mass. It will cost willpower and have a delayed effect with an if/then to punch in the code, but it will probably be riddled with flaws as I try to cut it down to 1/die. Any suggestions?

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2012, 04:51:25 PM »
It will need range too if you don't want to just pop into whatever space is parallel in the other dimension (deep space, middle of a rock, etc) and some sort of useful quality to see where you are landing before you get there. I'd add on a shit ton of boosters as well, in the tune to to the sun. It sounds like an expensive power to me.