I CHOOSE YOU RPPR KICKSTARTER

Heroes of New Arcadia
28 (46.7%)
Hastur/Carcosa Scenarios
25 (41.7%)
Slenderman
7 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: What RPPR Kickstarter would you rather see next?  (Read 32433 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: What RPPR Kickstarter would you rather see next?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 06:40:20 PM »
hey i made this a poll now

crawlkill

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • helo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 07:05:39 PM »
I'm in the shut up and take my money camp. I don't have a useful crew of people to play with, so the end product is only of abstract interest to me. but the closest thing I've ever felt to religion is Kickstarter and RPPR is the only Kickstarticipant that's ever given me shit I love for free before even asking anyone for money, so you can count me in whatever you end up goin for. voted for New Arcadia just because I'd like to see some of the thinking behind the APs, if it would indeed be for the same DIYTranshumanity setting.

and Dangers of Fraternization alone was so wonderful in the bonus episodes last time that you've got me hypnotized into doing my best to reach any tier that offers preview episode rewards again. =3

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 04:13:23 PM »
omg the poll is so close - obviously it comes down to new arcadia and hastur. I'll mention this in the next episode to see if we can get some more votes.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 01:40:19 AM »
Dang. I had thought there were some Caleb and Tom kickstarters in the works. D:

No offense Ross. I have faith that I'll get my Kickstarts eventually.

THAT SAID, I'd love to see the Heroes of New Arcadia Sourcebook! Bring it on! I love it!
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 02:00:04 AM »
Dang. I had thought there were some Caleb and Tom kickstarters in the works. D:

No offense Ross. I have faith that I'll get my Kickstarts eventually.

THAT SAID, I'd love to see the Heroes of New Arcadia Sourcebook! Bring it on! I love it!

did you not read the thread

Shallazar

• I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 02:29:42 AM »
I was hoping for some unholy combination of Caleb and Tom.

Like a Calom. Or Toleb. And for that combination to bring us an amalgam of atmosphere and storytelling like Andrew's Fire. Or something eclipse phasian

It.Would.Rock.

I'm more than happy to support a HoNA project though. :D It is a beautiful setting.

I wish I was Tom.

Nitemare17

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 01:38:11 PM »
I would first like to say hello to everyone on this site :)

Now to the question.I voted for Slenderman largely on the nWoD miniseries that they did(which I am looking forward to hearing the rest of those when they all get released).I also like it for largely the creep factor,which while present with Hastur,death tends to be more common a thing in CoC then WoD,and thus making it seem like less of a thing then WoD(though not enough to not buy the 30th Anniverary edition they just released.Its so pretty.)

My vote is

1:Slenderman
2:Hastur
3:Heroes of New Arcadia

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 02:20:45 PM »
I have re-closened the votes. You'll find no compromise here! The New Arcadia and Hastur intend to fight to the death using the Slenderman supports as living weapons of war. The tragic irony is, of course, that after the blood bath we won't have enough people to fund the Kickstarter...

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 02:48:21 PM »
Pro-skub here. All of you anti-skubs are wrong.   :P

Shallazar

• I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2012, 05:01:30 AM »
IF the Heroes of New Arcadia win, I'm hoping for some stats for all the main PCs and what not.

Edit: In glorious full color!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 05:06:34 AM by Shallazar »
I wish I was Tom.

elbowsquid

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2012, 09:02:55 PM »
New Arcadia, breh.  Hastur is great and all, but supers is a much easier sell to my group.  I kind of would like for this to see some play.  Besides, glorious full color artwork of the cast!  It was awesome in New World, it'll be awesome here. 

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2012, 04:40:16 PM »
Well it looks like New Arcadia will be next. This doesn't mean I won't do the Hastur ransom, it just means it will be a while before I do it.

The next question is: What do you want to see in the New Arcadia project? My initial idea is to do a PDF along the lines of the New World project describing the setting, major NPCs and factions and a few adventure seeds but also offer stretch goals if we go past certain marks. The initial goal will be fairly low (lower than what we've raised in the past of course) but these stretch goals let me see how passionate the fanbase is towards various goals.

Stretch goal 1: Stats for major NPCs in Wild Talents
Stretch Goal 2: Stats for major NPCs in Mutants & Masterminds
Stretch Goal 3: Additional art for the book, including depictions of campaign highlights like the fight at Big Wheel. Desktop wallpapers will be available.
Stretch Goal 4: Short story and podcast reading of "The untended garden", the origin of Paragon and the syndicate.
Stretch Goal 5: Map of Big Wheel, the particle accelerator and hidden Ideal Base and Omega One, an abandoned lair of
supervillain Omega (brand new location never used in the campaign) - with stats and descriptions of important locations.
Stretch Goal 6: Base Raiders, a standalone comic book set in the New Arcadia universe featuring characters from the campaign!

Base Raiders is about a group of superhumans that find, break into and raid abandoned supervillain and hero bases for profit i.e. dungeon crawling in a superhero world. I have an outline for a standalone 20-24 page comic based on raiding Omega One, the abandoned base mentioned in stretch goal 5. I haven't picked a final lineup for the raiders but I'm leaning towards:

Possible New Arcadia spoilers
[spoiler]Wayfarer
Peter Silvertail
Knight Errant
Iconoclast
Bloodhound
Raoul
Yog
Beatrice
Peracles[/spoiler]

I'll pick 4 of them for the comic. This will be an actual printed comic that I will mail to people if we get to this stretch goal (I can add new rewards if we get to this stretch goal so you can upgrade your reward later if we get to this). It will take place between the second and third campaign tiers but will be written so that you don't need to know the campaign to enjoy it. None of the player characters will be involved (except possible cameos/mentions) because I want Base Raiders to be a standalone title and the heroes of New Arcadia already have their own story, based on their choices.

I don't know how much it would cost exactly to do a comic but if there's a strong showing of support, then I will make it happen.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:06:27 PM by clockworkjoe »

mexiconan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2012, 06:23:16 PM »
Really happy to see the M&M stats as a stretch goal. We play DC Adventures in our own world so that would be awesome to be able to drop in as Heroes for Hire type side quests. Looking forward to it!

Jason

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2012, 06:29:37 PM »
I think many of us would be happy to throw in our character stats for anybody who wants to see them.  We could downgrade them to the initial 250pts or put in our current 500+ characters.  I still think a great pic for Ean to do would be a group shot of our heroes.  Perhaps at street level and/or global/cosmic tier.  Also Ross don't forget Pericles!  He'd be perfect for the comic.  And when are you going to release the one-shot with Thad, Brian, and me?  Verily!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2012, 06:34:07 PM »
Oh I need to also mention, the main book will mostly focus on the street level part of the campaign, but there will be a section on cosmic tier/world of transhumanism superpowers everywhere.

added Peracles to list of characters for Base Raiders.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:44:40 PM by clockworkjoe »