Author Topic: Monsterhearts and Apocalypse World  (Read 5542 times)

gaigaia

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Monsterhearts and Apocalypse World
« on: July 15, 2012, 07:27:17 AM »
You probably have already heard about the indie rpg Apocalypse World and it's hacks. But, if you didn't, I would like to say a few words about it: Apocalypse World is a narrativist rpg with some similitarities with old school rpg and has it's main system based on a series of moves that are, at the same time, a very unusual mechanic and interesting one.

But what I would like to say is: why don't you guys try playing the Monsterhearts hack? It's a rpg game that emulates teen melodrama, where you play as teenagers monsters in highschool. The game can be extremely dramatic and over the top. And it also can be funny as hell. I think it would be very amusing hearing you guys do it. Also, if Cody is still playing with you (I don't recall hearing from him for a long time, but I might just have overlooked it), I think it would be one of the most amazing APs you could do.

Joven

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: Monsterhearts and Apocalypse World
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 12:39:17 AM »
Monsters? In the school? ... nah, couldnt work.

In a similar vein, I think they should also play Panty Explosion, where you're psychic Japanese school girls. You have to secretly vote on whose the 'popular girl' in the group, and each player designates a frienemy (who describes what happens when you fail a conflict), plus the rulebook encourages self-abuse and bullying. And the more popular you are, the bigger dice you get to roll.

So seems good for backstabbing/scheming which always makes for good rppr games.