Author Topic: Fortunes of War - the RPPR Iron Heroes campaign  (Read 72951 times)

Jason

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Fortunes of War - the RPPR Iron Heroes campaign
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2012, 08:00:53 PM »
I really need to start working against The Unspoken.  They have their fingers in both of my markets.  Any suggestions?  I may follow Caleb's lead and flip someone low on their payroll.  Or would it be best for me to quickly eliminate the Black Knives?

As for my 7 raises, I'm raising my Territory and Treasure to 2.  I'm spending 2 on desert assets.  That leaves me 1.  I'm tempted to add an asset to my Healing/Charms/etc. market that will help us survive the desert climate.  Perhaps develop some kind of divining rod to find water?

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2012, 08:12:15 PM »
Crap!  I just realized I am maxed out on assets.  Defiant Tradition and Herbalist.  I think may spend it on renown, so I'll be Ja'Qim al-Kehlat, The Ever Vigilant Crow.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 08:33:25 PM by Jason »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2012, 01:30:16 PM »
You can choose to replace/upgrade the herbalist asset so that it provides a bonus on certain company actions. Right now it only lets you compete in the trinkets/healing market. Also, you could upgrade it so you can get a steady supply of poison, for example.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2012, 02:02:34 PM »
It just hit me how completely strange the APs of this game are going to be.

PaperGangster

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2012, 06:57:25 PM »
At the moment, I have:

1 might
1 Influence
2 Treasury
2 Sovereinty
2 Territory

If I understand correctly, I can raise Might and Influence to 2 and still have 3 Raises, or will it cost me four?
Either way, I plan to spend the remaining raises on desert resources (and if I have one left, a title; Lucius Valerianus Liberti Vitiosi has a nice ring to it)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2012, 08:41:27 PM »
It would cost 2 raises to raise Might and Influence to 2.

Are you buying 3 units of desert supplies or 2 units of desert supplies and a title?

PaperGangster

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2012, 10:10:06 PM »
I think I'll go with two units of desert supplies and a title.  Title means more assets later, so it may help with my cunning plot to increase business next session.

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »
I thought it would cost 4 raises to increase might and influence both from 1 to 2. Am I wrong?

In my case, wouldn't I be able to sell trinkets, charms, and tell fortunes already since I have the asset for that company? I really don't want to sell poisons, but I would like to produce them for my personal use. Perhaps I can make a Survival check to find scorpions or snakes in the desert so Ra'if can make poison?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2012, 01:47:18 PM »
I thought it would cost 4 raises to increase might and influence both from 1 to 2. Am I wrong?

In my case, wouldn't I be able to sell trinkets, charms, and tell fortunes already since I have the asset for that company? I really don't want to sell poisons, but I would like to produce them for my personal use. Perhaps I can make a Survival check to find scorpions or snakes in the desert so Ra'if can make poison?

As stated in the rules on page 1 of this thread: Raise a quality by 1 if the quality is 1 or less (i.e. can raise a quality up to 2 but no more)

I was suggesting you upgrade your existing asset. Yes, you are already competing in the trinkets market because of your asset. If you buy the poisons asset, then you gain a personal supply you can use.

You are certainly welcome to gather supplies in the wilderness but that would definitely be a side mission in the desert - which would cost a unit of desert supplies if you wished to do so relatively safely. 

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2012, 03:49:04 PM »
Ok well I did the math wrong, so here's my new breakdown:

Qualities
Might 2
Influence 2
Treasure 2
Territory 2
Sovereignty 4 (Asset: Defiant Tradition)

Renown 1

Markets

Guards/Protection

Trinkets, Healing, Charms, Fortune Telling
Asset: Improved Herbalist (Poisons)

Misc. Assets
Desert 2
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 03:52:35 PM by Jason »

PaperGangster

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2012, 10:07:27 PM »
Thought I would update the thread.  :)
As of last week's session (and the marriage into the Yuan family, the acquisition of the Nomad cook, and my new friend Yaffir the desert spice merchant) my company stats are as follows

Might 3
Influence 3
Treasure 2
Sovereignty 4
Territory 4

This is after my attempts to expand the luxury food market, the cheap food market, and my attempts to create a niche market  for better-than-cheap-food-but-not-luxurious-gourmet-fare.  My current assets (three, given my title as head of Yuan family) are a connection to a spice merchant in the capitol, Yaffir the desert spice merchant, and my chef.  The scribe, while of great use to me, is not technically an asset as much as he is a piece of equipment.  ;)

MY scribe!

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
  • I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2012, 07:20:52 AM »
Just as a reminder to Ross: you said that we would start with subquests tonight before the boats took off. I want to raise my Treasury to 5 using the Quartermaster's contacts (so I can buy a fleet to defend the homeland). I also want to raise either Might or Sovereignty to 5 in preparation for my assault on the Grey Sky Horde. I don't really care which (both are used for combat), but you said you hadn't figured out what subquest you wanted to use there.

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2012, 10:46:17 AM »
I really hope the preview APs for the Base Raiders Kickstarter include some Fortune of War episodes, I really want to listen to these.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2012, 05:40:39 PM »
Caleb's PC:

Jason's PC:

Both get +2 rep and glory

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2012, 06:37:44 PM »
Caleb appears to be ready to take on a group of vampires.