Author Topic: What should Caleb run next?  (Read 44276 times)

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
  • I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
What should Caleb run next?
« on: November 25, 2012, 08:16:04 PM »
We are moving back to the alternating campaign schedule next semester. I want to run a game, but unless something changes in the near future, I'm not leaning towards anything in particular.  What do people want to hear? So far, I've got ideas for...

1. Better Angels
2. Zombie Game (using FATE or Gumshoe)
3. Night's Black Agents

I'd accept suggestions for other stuff. Just don't suggest anything by Palladium; I'll hunt you down >:(

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
Re: What should Caleb run next?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 08:29:58 PM »
I'd be really intrigued to hear your take on MaOCT, but other than that Night's Black Agents and Better Angels sounds rad.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Party Bug

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • FEEL. TOUCH. CROSS.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 08:40:30 PM »
I haven't read Nights Black Agents yet, but I'm told it's like Jason Bourne but with vampires. So probably run that. Show people vampires can still be cool.

Disclaimer: Vampires will probably never be cool.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 08:50:48 PM by Party Bug »

Dawnsteel

• Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 08:48:03 PM »
Better Angels. Please, please, PLEASE run Better Angels.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

beej

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 09:10:34 PM »
I would second Monsters and Other Childish things.  I think you could do some really awesome stuff with it (regular or creepy keds). 

Or maybe Mage the Awakening or Changeling the Lost.  Wandering around in the Hedge could be as crazy as an EP simalspace.
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

Teuthic

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • of the Bleak Cabal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 09:29:34 PM »
Ooh, Unknown Armies; haven't you always wanted to play in a game where a guy gains magical power by drinking booze out of JFK's coffee mug?

Monsters and Other Childish Things is always a great choice, though; Candlewick is possibly the easiest game on the planet to run.

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 11:03:55 PM »
I fourth MaOCT! Also if this is the zombie game Ross mentioned on the Zombie panel at Gencon, That also sounds awesome.

or how about a Little Fears game?
Liquid Water?

joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 11:11:54 PM »
I would also love to see what you would do with MaOCT. If you'er not into that, I've also wanted to listen to an RPPR CoC campaign. With the way you've already handled the subject and system I'm sure it would be awesome. If you don't like those options I think Nights Black Agent is the most interesting system of the three you've suggested.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 01:43:55 AM »
Nights black agents is my vote, but if you wanted to stick syfy, I allways wanted to hear you guys play rouge trader, deathwatch, chaos one what ever its called. But the guys I assume are comming down from the syfy stuff.

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 02:11:15 AM »
Apocalypse World (http://apocalypse-world.com/ ).
It's a low math, long term gameplay, narrative game.
I think it would fit your stile.

EDIT: link and review here http://www.flamesrising.com/apocalypse-world-rpg-review/

If only the three on the list are acceptable then my vote goes to Better Angels.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 07:28:44 AM by Gorkamorka »
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

Teapot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 06:22:29 AM »
Better Angels

NBA sounds kind of like Firewall so that's more trodden ground, but I'd love to see how BA plays out. And to see Aaron be a bad guy.

Or... ParanoiaXP.

SageNytell

• We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 07:53:58 AM »
Much as I fucking hate vampires (seriously, they are my space whales) Night's Black Agents as Jason Bourne plus vampires does interest me the most, as Know Evil already plays with a lot of the themes of political intrigue and spycraft, only IN SPAAAAAAACE, I think that would be a natural progression. Play to your strengths, as they always say.

Kemlin Dragos

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 09:02:20 PM »
I would love to see your take on the World of Darkness universe, run with either Mage or Hunter. I think those are the most feasible and story ready supplements. It would be fun to see how creative the players could get with the Mage powers and how creative you could be to stump/challenge them. All the different factions or Hunter could be very interesting, especially using a modified rep system from Eclipse Phase.

Also, is it possible to make a legitimate campaign in "A Dirty World"? Because, that could be really cool as well.

infinitejesting

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 10:21:29 PM »
Oh gosh, I second Unknown Armies! Who wouldn't want to play a game where you can play as something called "the Mystic Hermaphrodite"?

And I'd be interested in the zombie game. Show everyone that the post-apocalypse can still be interesting.

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 10:27:46 PM »
I would love to see your take on the World of Darkness universe, run with either Mage or Hunter. I think those are the most feasible and story ready supplements. It would be fun to see how creative the players could get with the Mage powers and how creative you could be to stump/challenge them. All the different factions or Hunter could be very interesting, especially using a modified rep system from Eclipse Phase.

Also, is it possible to make a legitimate campaign in "A Dirty World"? Because, that could be really cool as well.
A legit Dirty World campaign is sounding really cool.
Liquid Water?