Author Topic: Better Angels Campaign: The Spared and the Spoiled  (Read 67278 times)

Thorn

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: Better Angels Campaign: The Spared and the Spoiled
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2014, 06:49:42 PM »
Insurance premiums they have to pay must be murder.

Jace911

• The President of Burp Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2014, 12:49:52 AM »
Brighter Futures Tumblr/Twitter needs to be a thing now.

"real talk the parent volunteers at this school creep me out, there's always this one asian guy hanging out fuckng EVERYWHERE"

"fell asleep in 3rd prd bio nd when i woke up the school was surounded by zombies. fml"

"holy shit we finally get some awesome guests for assembly meetings PARTY JUICE FUKC YEAH #YOLOOOO"

"MISTER A. MISTER A. MISTER A. MISTER A."

"HOLY FUCK YOU GUYS DON'T GO INTO THE TEACHER'S LOUNGE THE FUCKING SCANTRON MACHINE TRIED TO FUCKING EAT ME"

sandcastles

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2014, 11:12:56 PM »
Ross: "Oh god! Senishao was the horse all along! Trojan horse! We should have known!"
Caleb: "Beer in the nose! Beer in the nose!!"
Bill: "I see what you did there..."

Caleb: "There is a farm with paths on it..."
Ross: "Become the Clydesdale! Double Trojan horse! Aha!"
Caleb: "I'll see your horse... and raise you a horse..."

I had to write those down as I heard them. too perfect not to commemorate. haven't gotten all the way through, but do we learn who the other two candidates for the Schrodinger hero was? or is that book bait?

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2014, 01:38:33 PM »
Can we look foreword to a post mortum for this campaign as well?
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Lanied

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2014, 07:02:57 PM »
Definite +1 for the post mortem. Great and super entertaining game to listen to!

I'm curious to hear details about how and why this campaign came back from the brink.

Jace911

• The President of Burp Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2014, 07:41:19 PM »
Thirding a postmortem, but I'd rather skip the personal scheduling details and hear more about the challenges and experiences Caleb had running Better Angels as a campaign.

Kamen

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2014, 11:41:57 PM »
As much as I too would like a postmortem on this I'm not really sure if it'll happen. I thought I saw somewhere on here that because it's going to be a published book there probably wouldn't be postmortem. I can't find it now, of course, so I could just be talking out of my ass. NEVERMIND. Either way, good job with the campaign guys! Can't wait for the release.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:04:35 AM by Kamen »

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2014, 03:22:12 PM »
I had a strange half dream. (I was dozing off at my computer last night so I was like half awake.)

Frank Cooper from Accounting was the demon inside a new super villain named The Bureaucrat. He held everyone in a bank hostage, not for money but to force the Bank manager to approve 0% interest home loans for everyone in the bank, even people who weren't there to get loans.

I don't know why he was doing this but apparently playing Payday 2 and listening to No Soul Left Behind are a weird combination.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Claive

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2014, 06:35:46 PM »
I had a strange half dream. (I was dozing off at my computer last night so I was like half awake.)

Frank Cooper from Accounting was the demon inside a new super villain named The Bureaucrat. He held everyone in a bank hostage, not for money but to force the Bank manager to approve 0% interest home loans for everyone in the bank, even people who weren't there to get loans.

I don't know why he was doing this but apparently playing Payday 2 and listening to No Soul Left Behind are a weird combination.

Is there some sort of RPPR payday 2 guild we can join?
"No labyrinth is inescapable" -Gantz

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2014, 07:52:41 PM »

Is there some sort of RPPR payday 2 guild we can join?

We have a steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rpprfans - use that to organize games with rppr listeners and/or us

Mr. Purple

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2014, 08:24:57 PM »

"Surala, what was the plan here again?"

"The loans get approved, all these people buy homes they can't afford for cheap, the property values around those homes drop *just* a little, and then the owners sell before the bottom drops out and then we buy up all the ones for sale and flip entire neighborhoods when the zero-interest people default and get evicted."

"It seems a bit... circuitous."

"One way or another we're gonna flip property through villainy.  The concept works!"
"Don't read that book, that's where they keep the madness!"

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2014, 08:51:03 PM »
I'm really getting the feeling that if the RPPR crew does another Better Angels campaign it'll be about the evils of the housing market and real estate. Gotta flip these house for a good cause or go to hell!

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2014, 08:02:06 AM »
If I ever get the chance to be player in someone's No Soul campaign, or BA in general really, Gramma Stuffum will be my character!
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Also, yes, that is GWAR, under the guise of RAWG, parodying their own music on a kid's cartoon.

RadioactiveBeer

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2014, 09:08:07 AM »
What I want to see is a fusion Better Angels/Base Raiders campaign, where first they play pre-Ragnarok supervillains gaming the housing market to set up their base and then raiders post-Ragnarok going in to steal their stuff.