Author Topic: BADASS!  (Read 4210 times)

ckenp

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
BADASS!
« on: March 08, 2013, 03:58:09 PM »
Have you guys heard of/played BADASS!? I stumbled upon it when snagging the link for the Kuro review. It's a free RPG, 28 pages long, and strikes me as something the RPPR group might find fun.
Game here
Author here
Review here
Excerpt from review:
BADASS is a new rules-light roleplaying game written by Jay Steven Anyong (aka “pointyman2000″) that takes its inspiration from many of those movies we keep as guilty pleasures even though we know we shouldn’t… Films like American Ninja, Bloodsport, Naked Weapon, and many many more. As Jay says in the introduction – “BADASS is not a game that you can attempt to work your way around with logic. In fact, BADASS kicks that logic in the face, twists its arm behind its back, and makes it cry for its momma.” All the way through this book, I was chuckling to myself about the Awesomeness Jay wrote right into the text. It’s dripping with serious badassitude!
One of the main mechanics of the game is Badass Points (BP's) which reminded me of the awesome points from Old School Hack. I've only just discovered this game, but something tells me I'd pay money to hear the RPPR guys give it a shot (especially as April 1st nears).

metalwhisper

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: BADASS!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 08:37:14 PM »
Haven't played it, or heard about it till now, but I'll definitely check it out. Looks like to might be perfect to simulate 80's action cheese.
I really love 80's action cheese. I wish there was more of it in the world.
Been thinking of one day running a 80s action/horror mashup cheesefest campaign. A rules set like this might be perfect. Plus it's free, can't go wrong there. Thanks for the heads up.

Leviathan

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Back-up singer for the Tusken Sound Raiders.
    • View Profile
Re: BADASS!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 01:30:28 AM »
Sweet! I've been throwing around the idea of running a ridiculous Danger Five influenced campaign, and this system looks great for it at first glance. Thanks for the tip!
Railroad Diary, a place where I occasionally put words.