Author Topic: The Strangest Places You've Listened to RPPR?  (Read 51925 times)

Vivax

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Secret Twitter Mod for the SCP Foundation
    • View Profile
Re: The Strangest Places You've Listened to RPPR?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 11:39:35 AM »
I've listened to RPPR:

-Getting headaches from ethanol fumes while counting preserved insects under a microscope
-Vaccinating, infecting, performing surgery on, and collecting lungs from mice.
-While tagging horseshoe crabs
-On the way to and back home from a leather bar.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 02:46:02 PM »
I've listened to RPPR:

-Getting headaches from ethanol fumes while counting preserved insects under a microscope

please say that last one was unrelated to the first three tasks

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2014, 03:23:43 PM »
I've listened to RPPR:

Please tell us you told someone about RPPR while at the leather bar  ;D
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

Kamen

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2014, 03:25:32 PM »
I've listened to RPPR:

There's a plot hook in here somewhere, I know it!

Vivax

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 11:00:15 AM »
I've listened to RPPR:

Please tell us you told someone about RPPR while at the leather bar  ;D

Actually all of them were unrelated.

The ethanol story was when I first started listening to RPPR in undregrad when working long hours on an ecological assessment, essentially "Does the insect community reflect a what we would expect to see in a polluted river system?"

The horseshoe crab incident was when I was volunteering for the Audobon Society in Wellfleet MA during the summer. You have no idea how beautiful Cape Cod is when it's early evening and the crabs are coming out like ancient, buried, living, hubcaps.

The vaccination thing is what I'm doing now in grad school. I've often wondered about what it would be like to do a CoCt game or DG game where you play as human beings used as lab specimens. I guess that concept could work for EP too...

The leather bar thing was uh... interesting. I went because I'm a kinky son of a bitch but unfortunately the scene where I live is so insular that it was nearly impossible to make any headway or friends. After I left, still sober and still dressed in "Goodwill's Finest Biker Ensemble" I slipped the buds into my ears and made the 1.5 mile trek back home through the city in the wee hours of the morning, Know Evil blaring in my ears. The autumn sky was cloudy and the city's sodium lights made everything an orange twilight.

I never did tell anybody at the bar about RPPR but my current boyfriend knows about you in some capacity. He wandered into the kitchen while I was covered in dish suds. The stereo erupted in screaming laughter as Chan made a terrible decision. My boyfriend is also a kinky bastard so... you know... eventually somebody leather related will find out about you guys.

It's strange to say that parts of my life can be divided into different campaigns that you guys ran. I actually started recording games too but my campaigns were dashed on the rocks of grad school and conflicting work schedules. Instead I've taken to running one-shots. Right now I'm worming my way through No Security.

Mr. Purple

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 01:10:51 AM »

My boyfriend is also a kinky bastard so... you know... eventually somebody leather related will find out about you guys.

I find that oddly comforting.  Someday somewhere some kinky bastard will turn to another kinky bastard and say "Dude... that's fucked up" on our account.

"Don't read that book, that's where they keep the madness!"

Vivax

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 05:35:44 PM »

My boyfriend is also a kinky bastard so... you know... eventually somebody leather related will find out about you guys.

I find that oddly comforting.  Someday somewhere some kinky bastard will turn to another kinky bastard and say "Dude... that's fucked up" on our account.

I was listening to the Wives of March yesterday while I washed dishes. He was half-asleep in the other room. Who knows what sort of dreams he forgot.

D6xD6 - Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2014, 09:11:24 AM »
Thanks to this thread, the next scenario I am writing is centralized around a leather bar.  Right now I am trying to decide if it should be run using A Dirty World or as an additional playtest for CORE.

I love you all.

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2014, 09:39:51 AM »
Thanks to this thread, the next scenario I am writing is centralized around a leather bar.  Right now I am trying to decide if it should be run using A Dirty World or as an additional playtest for CORE.

I love you all.

I recommend one of these three systems.

Fiasco
Toons
Rolemaster

But only one of them.
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

D6xD6 - Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 10:13:25 AM »
Fiasco might be a bit on the nose.

Dread might work.  Or I could be an evil ass and force the players to do it American Freeform-style. . . with chaps.  oh god what is happening to me  #rpprruinedmymarriage

Vivax

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2014, 08:19:49 PM »

I love you all.

I recommend A Dirty World. Also if you need to discuss the particulars of the leather bar scene you now have a reputable source.

Today I was listening to the Devotees while washing dishes and he came wandering through and asked me why Kermit the Frog was describing torture. Jokes on him through. I'm running the Wives of March tomorrow and he's playing in it.

beej

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2014, 08:17:14 PM »
Listening to The Iron Devil on am Amtrak at night, somewhere in southern Oregon.
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2014, 02:27:25 AM »
Listening to The Iron Devil on am Amtrak at night, somewhere in southern Oregon.

That's quite cool and probably the most appropriate place to listen to that scenario.

RadioactiveBeer

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2014, 10:40:24 PM »
I mostly listen to RPPR in transit, spent a lot of time in Korea listening to Know Evil to teach myself EP. I got into the others as well. I remember listening to The Iron Devil on the Incheon subway, or the Esoterrorists game in Itaewon. Better Angels was an interesting one considering I was working in a private school out there - I could definitely recognize some of the, uh, 'interesting characters' portrayed as universal.

I listened to Tribes of Tokyo IN Tokyo, which was cool - though Akihabara's weird. Wasn't brave enough to try a host/hostess club, in case of vampires.

Rural Yorkshire was another one, for Base Raiders: The Vault. Good places to hide bases around there - Derwent, the drowned village under Ladybower lake, or Fountains Abbey. I wasn't listening to an AP at this point, but I did run a game set in rural Yorkshire, while I was in Korea, and my players were Americans. Multiculturalism!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:42:09 PM by RadioactiveBeer »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2014, 12:04:52 AM »
What system were you using for your yorkshire game?