Author Topic: RPPR on Patreon - what bonus content would you pay to get?  (Read 64430 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: RPPR on Patreon - what bonus content would you pay to get?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 01:17:39 AM »
I have basically decided to make 2 architectural horror themed games at this point. One is going to be explicitly Carcosa/Hastur themed while the other is going to be more open-ended.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 02:24:18 AM »
Two games for the low low price of sanity.

Varchild

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 12:24:13 AM »
If we pledge enough can we get Caleb's Nights Black Agents game going? I want to hear that.

Jae.

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2014, 08:11:26 PM »
If we pledge enough can we get Caleb's Nights Black Agents game going? I want to hear that.

This! Motherfucking this!

You guys should look at Evil Hat's Fate Patreon -> http://www.patreon.com/evilhat

They are creating adventures and settings but what they have is a paragraph for each "pitch". So what you guys can do is say, have Ross, Tom & Caleb (I'm not sure if anyone else GMs) pitch a game. Single paragraph, what the system is, the set up etc. Of course, these should be approved first by the group (People have to want to play in it). Then you throw them up on the Patreon, the backers vote for which one they would like to see first and that one is thrown to the top of the queue.

Now if you do decide to do something like that. The #1 thing that I would like to see is that whatever actual play gets voted on and starts up, the recordings for it be given top priority so they come out relatively in sync with when the campaign is being played. My impression is that often, there is a huge backlog of recordings (this is a good thing!) but in the main podcast or other APs we hear you guys sometimes talk about games that haven't come out yet.

I could be wrong about the sync thing, but it'd be nice to be relatively current with you guys with the Patreon games. Just a thought.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2014, 09:28:23 PM »
I'd pay to see Caleb to a NBA game but I think it might kill the RPPR players or worse they might play it half-heartedly. Maybe they could use the money to hire mystery writers to play in it.

Claive

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2014, 05:49:08 PM »
I think if you set it up so that we could submit and vote (with number of votes based on amount pledged) on ideas when building a Base Raiders base you would then run the rppr crew through... that would be awesome.
"No labyrinth is inescapable" -Gantz

Kamen

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2014, 12:34:58 PM »
I think as an addition to the Skype game reward, having the Skype games act as side stories or Annuals for a current ongoing RPPR campaign that could effect it. Could be interesting.

Mr. Purple

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2014, 05:55:08 PM »
Crazy random thought, but would various RPPR text alert/ringtones be a thing?  I can think of a few that might be fun already.

Ross "Wwwwwizaaaard!"
David  "Grrrrackle Cannon!"
Caleb "Deathtrap is singular, and therefore incorrect."
Aaron "You seem trustworthy!"
Ross   "There's monsters in the school, Tom."

What do you guys think?  Would it be worthwhile?
"Don't read that book, that's where they keep the madness!"

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2014, 01:33:25 PM »
Mr. Purple: Yes.
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Adarchi

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2014, 09:42:23 PM »
I'd pay for some more organization and some resolution to existing campaigns (cough Vault 26 cough).  :)

I love the podcast and would like to see some continuations of existing content along with some general organization of next/previous/playlist for each campaign.  Maybe a wiki type setup? You guys have a whole bunch of awesome content but it can be a struggle to sort through everything.

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2014, 10:00:00 PM »
I love the podcast and would like to see some continuations of existing content along with some general organization of next/previous/playlist for each campaign.  Maybe a wiki type setup? You guys have a whole bunch of awesome content but it can be a struggle to sort through everything.

I'd be in favor of this, too. A cast/player profile section with what characters they've played in campaigns, one-shots might a bit much, and some memorable quotes.

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2014, 12:36:02 PM »
Yeah, I really like that idea, too.
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Lordsloth

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2014, 05:38:49 PM »
*snipped*
Ross   "There's monsters in the school, Tom."

What do you guys think?  Would it be worthwhile?

More like:
Ross: "Clearly, I am a horrible monster."

Yeah, something like that, David. Ringtone/chirp recording from each of the RPPR crew with their favorite/tag line.
Chados- the, uh... hands of fate.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2014, 07:50:50 PM »
I'd pay for some more organization and some resolution to existing campaigns (cough Vault 26 cough).  :)

I could set up campaign pages for existing campaigns. All campaigns do have unique tags and the related episodes links usually connect to the right ones, but I can see how it is not immediately apparent.

Adarchi

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2014, 08:17:07 PM »
I could set up campaign pages for existing campaigns. All campaigns do have unique tags and the related episodes links usually connect to the right ones, but I can see how it is not immediately apparent.

I certainly didn't mean to imply that the site is unorganized now. I actually think it does an excellent job of linking similar content. I've gradually been working my way through all of the (awesome) content in an organized manner depending on my mood. Several times I've left off and not been sure if any continuations are either a) not uploaded yet b) exists but I'm blindly incapable of finding it (most likely) or c) on hiatus. I'd mentioned Vault 26 specifically since it falls into the last category (unless I'm really blind).

I was just thinking of more ways to help in monetizing the site. I'll gladly keep supporting it.