Author Topic: Quis Separabit: Unknown Irish Republican Armies  (Read 182668 times)

Jomon Dogu

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • hand-fisted meat machine
    • View Profile
Re: Quis Separabit: Unknown Irish Republican Armies
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2014, 06:26:39 PM »
I don't know much about Davy Byrne's other than its reputation for playing host to all sorts of erudite literary types, so I smile & nod and change the subject. "You mentioned a while back that Miss Blood could be aloof at times, and she seemed particularly reserved on the night she... on the night in question. How long have you known each other? Would you consider her the type of person to take risks or endanger herself voluntarily?"
Surely thine hour has come, thy great wind blows,
Far off, most secret, and inviolate Rose?

Teuthic

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • of the Bleak Cabal
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2014, 07:43:41 PM »

47-48 Temple Bar, Temple Bar Pub (Cormac)

The barman made his tipjar known, with a passing gesture as he handed Cormac his Cocktail.

"Miss Blood? She's not a regular by any means but I've seen her around a couple times. Decent tipper, good family, not like that new Falfner friend of hers," he paused at this point to make his distaste for that particular character known with a cough, "Shame about the whole affair but all I can only tell you that she left Temple Bar around seven or eight. I was on shift that night. I think they mentioned Davy Byrne's. Miss Blood was fond of the place, if I recall. I imagine she's less so now."

I drop a pound in the tip jar, cursing inwardly that I didn't ask to add expenses to my finder's fee. Not eating well tonight.

"Can you tell me anything about this Falfner? And Davy Byrne's."

Oisín

• Wandering After Angus
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2014, 02:13:05 AM »
n. 21 Fitzwilliam (Colin)

"Nothing mad," Jane replies with haste.

She pauses for a moment to think how to reply in detail. It occurs to you that she doesn't often put much thought into this and is sort of running off a sense of youthful immortality.

"We have fun and go out," She says after the pause, "I suppose we don't worry too much about ourselves, but we aren't foolish about it. We keep an eye out and even with all that is going on right now, Dublin isn't too unsafe if you know your way around."

Finally she concludes, "We've known eachother for a long time. Since Primary, I think. Maths isn't my strong suit, but it is probably about ten years now?"

The way she ends her last sentance implies that she really hasn't really bothered counting it out specifically.

47-48 Temple Bar, Temple Bar Pub

"Honestly, I can't say anything worth your tip," He tosses you a enough shillings to count for change both for the cocktail and the tip; though he keeps about five to himself, "Falfner is one of those Nihilists, in from Germany after the war. Her and a small crowd are always loitering around somewhere. Their tips are awful, they order nothing and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the bastards was Black and Tan. All they do is ramble about Art and Nothingness. Shite company in a good pub."

He pauses, "Davy's is one of the Trinity Pubs. Students, Immigrants and the like all go there. Bohemian, I guess you could call it. Truth be told, you're better off here or in a good fish and chippers, depending on if you're hungry or dry."

"I don't think I could say too much more on either of them, unless you have something specific in mind."

He looks over at you curiously.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 02:25:02 AM by Oisín »
Oft him anhaga   are gebideð,
metudes miltse,     þeah þe he modcearig
geond lagulade   longe sceolde
hreran mid hondum    hrimcealde sæ
wadan wræclastas.   Wyrd bið ful aræd!

Jomon Dogu

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2014, 02:14:02 PM »
Jane's words remind me of my own short-lived college days, not long past but well and truly over. I stifle a sigh in my teacup. "Well, Miss Willson, you've been a great help and I very much appreciate you taking the time out of your day on my account. I ought to be off, have a peek into Davy Byrne's. Could I trouble you for directions? I'm not normally in this part of town."

TheGeorge

• is not doing much
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2014, 10:08:50 AM »
"I'm sorry for snapping at you, it's just, she's lost and you seemed to not care at all, engrossed in your art. I'll be more courteous from now on miss. Can you think of anything at all, even a remote detail, that may help us find your friend?" I'm visually much more sympathetic and worried now.
This little pig built a spaceship,
This little pig paid the bill;
This little pig made isotopes,
This little pig popped a pill;
But this little pig did nothing at all,
And he’s just a little pig still.
-

Oisín

• Wandering After Angus
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2014, 03:24:44 PM »
n. 21 Fitzwilliam (Colin)

Jane smiles, slightly awkwardly and nervously but genuinely.

She scribbles down directions and a map.

"Hopefully, this will take you there. It isn't too far from here and college students should at least know where it is."

She moves back to the table and holds out the sheet to Colin,

"Good luck. I hope the old girl is safe, I just can't imagine her afraid for her life..."

She tries to force the smile still, though it fades a moment after and she looks away.

n. 16 Leeson Street (Murphy)

You can see that she is still a little nervous, though focused on the conversation now, more so than before.

"Painting just helps my concentration," she explains, still she looks at Murphy rather apprehensively.

She pauses for a little while, seemingly deep in thought,

"There's nothing I think I could say to help you find her," She says with a slight pause as if measuring the words and weighing whether she should talk at all, "She did not do as much talking as she usually did. I could tell something was troubling her, but she does not talk about this sort of thing with me."

Her accent is slightly more hidden as she weighs the words and puts her hand gently over her shut mouth again as she thinks, "Fontaine is the last one to have seen her, and she says Eliza was with her boyfriend."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 03:28:18 PM by Oisín »

Jomon Dogu

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2014, 03:58:23 AM »
"Rest assured, we're doing everything we can. I can say with confidence that Miss Blood will be back safe and sound in no time. Again, thank you ever so much." And with that I'm off, out the door and heading off to Duke Street as quick as I can go. When I get there, I plan to do some snooping around the outside, front and back if possible, before heading in.

Darthrex

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2014, 10:51:24 PM »
The priest blushes slightly at the imprecation. "Oh I am sorry good sir, not ideal way to begin a conversation. You see, it concerns one of your daughter's friends, miss Blood, I'm sure you know her. She has gotten caught up in some terrible business and your daughter was one of the last people seen with her. The good Colonel thought that rather than doing something as gouache as getting the constabulary involved, he might send someone of a higher standing to ascertain the details of the unfortunate business"   At the mention of "Higher standing" the Priest adjusts his collar in a pointedly nonchalant fashion.
I cast summon pedant.

Teuthic

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • of the Bleak Cabal
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2014, 09:31:01 AM »
"Sounds like poor company, but I suppose it's company I'll need to keep. What can you tell me about the owner of Davy's? These places usually have clientele associated with their owners."

Oisín

• Wandering After Angus
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2014, 03:39:27 PM »
Davy Byrne's Pub

Colin looks around, scrounging for what he can, unfortunately, he finds little. Rather, he accidently knocks over a bin, spreading the trash over the back alley behind the pub. The smell is powerful and gets attached to him, or at least his legs, and alley cats emerge to scrounge what can be found.

4 Upper Mound Street (Shaemus)

He looks soften, at least enough to imply some grudging co-operation.

"My daughter, you understand is rather disturbed by all of this," He says with his accent, notably lowering the many of his "th"s in to "z"s unlike the Irish natives who prefer "t" and emphasizing syllables as though some words were French, "So I hope you will not be offended if I look over the proceedings."

With that, the man makes way for the priest, offering him in a guest.

Temple Bar

"I know him only by reputation, all be told," the Bartender said, "And most of that is only that he likes to surround himself with the artistic types. Though he'll settle for anyone smart looking in a pinch. I imagine though that it is for the sake of reputation and Trinity's business than any personal interest. Can't say more than that, in truth"

TheGeorge

• is not doing much
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2014, 01:18:01 PM »
"don't worry dear, I'm not here to interrogate you, Her father is worried sick is all. You know, for such a hard man, it's comforting to see he has a soft side."

"So, this boyfriend of hers? Her Father never mentioned him, would you be able to direct me to him? And, unless you can think of any other helpful information, then I'll be on my way I've stressed you unduly enough as it is."
This little pig built a spaceship,
This little pig paid the bill;
This little pig made isotopes,
This little pig popped a pill;
But this little pig did nothing at all,
And he’s just a little pig still.
-