Author Topic: Reviving Raillery and video game joy  (Read 49203 times)

BeyondSandrock

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
Reviving Raillery and video game joy
« on: February 03, 2015, 11:48:27 PM »
Ross and I have been discussing what we'd like to do with Raillery and what other videos we would like to produce.  Unfortunately the YouTube channel has taken a backseat due to commitments to RPPR and our daily lives. However now that the holidays are over, we're looking to start adding content to the channel on a (hopefully) regular schedule and we would like your input.  Here are some of the ideas we currently have:

Let's Play in the Dark:  I am planning to continue this series (finally finishing out Outlast), though for future releases I am considering a change in format. Instead of releasing full play-throughs, I was thinking of editing it into four or five episode "highlights" in order to accommodate faster releases and fewer episodes per-game.  Let me know what you'd prefer to see.

Co-Op Chaos: This would be our catch-all for any of our multi-player videos (Payday 2, Broforce, Monaco, Chivalry and whatever weird multi-players we can find).

Big in Japan: Thanks to one of our awesome fans in Japan, we now are the proud owners of a Japanese PS2 and and several games.  We've had a lot of so far attempting to play these games while hitting the language barrier at full speed. Also, we were given a DVD of random horse races, except the horses are racing the jockeys. Take that Kentucky Derby!

Adventures in Trade-Chat:The brain-child of Dan and David, the RPPR/Raillery crew will re-enact the sometimes bizarre conversations that happen in World of Warcrafts trade chat. Costumes will probably be involved.

If you have other ideas for content you'd like us to try, please let us know.
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Reviving Raillery and video game joy
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 01:25:38 AM »
I am in full support of co-op chaos.

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 01:54:21 AM »
I'm totally behind all of these, especially Co-Op Chaos! Updating Let's Play in the Dark to a shorter, highlights version will probably work better and get directly to the meat of watching you run for your life, there Aaron.

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 11:38:58 AM »
Great ideas, all!
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Claive

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 12:56:46 PM »
I would love to see a video of RPPR crew members playing the Darkest Dungeon with commentary.
"No labyrinth is inescapable" -Gantz

CADmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 01:27:59 PM »
The co-op chaos ones are the most fun.  I still chuckle when I remember Caleb saying: "I found the zombies.  I found all the zombies".
CADmonkey: G+; Tumblr
Yo Dawg, I Heard You Like Mecha: G+; Tumblr

BeyondSandrock

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 01:52:03 PM »
I would love to see a video of RPPR crew members playing the Darkest Dungeon with commentary.

Ross has that on early access, so we can do that sometime in the near future.
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 02:36:12 PM »
Co-op Chaos and Big in Japan are what seem to me like the most fun. As long as there's a few RPPR crewmembers commentating, its bound to be fun.  ;D

Claive

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 04:09:38 PM »

Ross has that on early access, so we can do that sometime in the near future.

Name the Adventurers after the RPPR crew members *diabolical smiley" and then after that forum members? :-) (and Caleb's cat! and Sparkles the Unicorn and and and)

P.S. Dibs on Highwayman!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 04:14:45 PM by Claive »
"No labyrinth is inescapable" -Gantz

Zombieneighbours

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 03:51:46 AM »
The return of lets play in the dark, to play Alien: Isolation, would be VERY welcome!

BeyondSandrock

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 12:09:06 PM »
The return of lets play in the dark, to play Alien: Isolation, would be VERY welcome!

The current playlist I'm thinking of is Spec Ops: The Line (by group demand), Alien: Isolation, and Whistleblower. This is only a tentative list.

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 12:14:40 PM »
Oh man, Spec Ops: The Line, that'll be interesting. Hope you feel like a hero.

FuzzyDan

• Official Keeper of The Line.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 12:37:35 PM »

Adventures in Trade-Chat:The brain-child of Dan and David, the RPPR/Raillery crew will re-enact the sometimes bizarre conversations that happen in World of Warcrafts trade chat. Costumes will probably be involved.

If by costumes you mean suits and over-dramatic voices?  Then yes.

I still like the idea of us doing "World Series of (Random Card/Board Game that shouldn't have a televised event)" With the Starship Artemis crew costumes.
- Dan, Adding one to his Darkspiral Aura.

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 12:39:13 PM »

The current playlist I'm thinking of is Spec Ops: The Line (by group demand), Alien: Isolation, and Whistleblower. This is only a tentative list.

Spec Ops: The Line isn't really a scary game in the same sense that Outlast and Alien: Isolation are scary games. It's more of a deconstruction of what it is to be the super-badass action protagonist, killing people and slowly dehumanizing yourself and your enemies. If you do decide to play it, I'd say it would be more interesting as a commentated let's play with more than one person commentating.

fearjunkie

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 12:55:53 PM »
Ooh, Big in Japan sounds like fun, even if you expanded it to include localized Japanese games. RPPR Persona 4 Endurance Run, anyone? :P