Author Topic: RPPR Patreon Discussion Thread  (Read 118124 times)

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
Re: RPPR Patreon Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 04:50:16 PM »
I backed the Kickstarter for Red Markets, even though I don't have easy access to US dollars. No need to call me ungrateful.

Not at all.  It's just that Patreon is not always about what you get, it can also be about what you are supporting because you want it to exist.
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 04:54:27 PM »
Donating even $5 monthly is a lot for me. I pledged $15 to the Kickstarter knowing that I could at the very least chip in with one of RPPR's sponsored projects. And I will get defensive if someone tells me that because I can't donate more money, that means that I don't want to support the people working in it.

If you want to talk about it anymore than that, please PM me. But yes, I will get defensive if I get prodded for not donating to the Patreon.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 06:20:50 PM »
WE LOVE EVERY LISTENER AT RPPR :D :D :D

seriously any support is deeply appreciated. I just want to make the Patreon the best one possible, so rewards that don't require a lot of time are an interesting idea.

Adam_Autist

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 12:02:15 PM »
Right now I can only afford $2 per month sadly. Running your own business and having just spent a small McDuck on a house doesn't leave me much resources right now.

CADmonkey

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2017, 08:07:50 AM »
Listening to After Hours #26 and Caleb's remarks, "have you reviewed this before?" & "It might have had werewolves though? but don't they all do?"* got me thinking: Cataloging the various "alternate history WWII" games that have come and gone in the past 15-20 years could be an amusing exercise.  This particular niche is just littered with dead game lines.  There was an article in a recent issue of Wargames Illustrated discussing all of the miniatures from defunct alternate history WWII game lines you could use for playing Konflict '47.  I honestly don't think that the author saw the irony in this.

The story of Paolo Parente's attempts to market a game based on his Dust comic is epic.  There have been at least three attempts with different companies, but the first one with Rackham was the most glorious failure.  In the initial design stage, it morphed from Dust into AT-43, a far-future sci-fi setting in which the main villains (Therians) are a race of posthuman immortals with a grand plan to enclose every star in the universe in a dyson sphere in order to stop the expansion of the universe and thereby halt entropy.  In addition to that, there is a race of uplifted albino gorillas (created by the Therians), and humans in AT-43 were also created (or rather, recreated) by the Therians from pre-singularity gene stocks, as a part of their grand plan to halt entropy.

* they don't all have werewolves, some have zombies!
CADmonkey: G+; Tumblr
Yo Dawg, I Heard You Like Mecha: G+; Tumblr

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 02:14:39 AM »
Dust had a comic? I saw various versions of the games on store shelves but had no idea what it was about.

CADmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2017, 07:57:02 AM »
Dust had a comic? I saw various versions of the games on store shelves but had no idea what it was about.

As I recall, Parente started by selling model kits, then the comic, then the wargame.  And it appears that Parente is still selling the wargame on his website.  The FLGS downtown just put their remaining Dust stuff on sale to make room for Reaper Bones mini's.

Adam_Autist

• View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 05:04:32 PM »
We had a back issue of the dust comic for a while at work. I believe FFG do the current games.

CADmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2017, 06:41:56 PM »
I believe FFG do the current games.

No, not for years: http://www.dustgame.com/news_d.php?id=147

They were the second of three companies to partner with Parente, and the first to actually bring a Dust game to market.  And after FFG, Parente partnered with Battlefront (of Flames of War fame).  But that partnership ended after a spat over kickstarter money: http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/update-about-dust-tactics-wave-2-shipping/

Bit of a shame, but as I said, alternate history WWII games seem to have a habit of dying.

Adam_Autist

• View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2017, 05:52:43 PM »
oops. Thought you were talking about Dust Tactics.

CADmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2017, 06:43:00 PM »
oops. Thought you were talking about Dust Tactics.

Dust Tactics, Dust Warfare, Dust Anything, FFG hasn't been producing anything new since sometime in 2014: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2013/5/2/war-on-a-new-front/

What Exactly Will Change on June 1st, 2013?

As of June 1st, 2013, Battlefront Miniatures will announce, distribute, market, and promote all new products for Dust Tactics and Dust Warfare . From that date forward, please visit Battlefront’s website for all the latest Dust -related announcements.

What About Previously Announced Products?

From now until our inventory is exhausted, FFG will be the exclusive distributor for all Dust Tactics and Dust Warfare products announced before June 1st, 2013.

Who Will Handle Customer Service?

Issues pertaining to products announced prior to June 1st, 2013 should be directed to FFG, while those pertaining to products announced after June 1st, 2013 should be directed to Battlefront.

FFG is still selling old stock that they had already produced (or were contracted to produce) before the handover to Battlefront, but they haven't produced anything new for years now.

Adam_Autist

• View Profile
    • Niche Comics
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2017, 06:52:00 PM »
Ok. Thanks.

Twisting H

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 01:19:01 AM »
If the Dust comics are good let us know

CADmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2017, 08:18:36 PM »
So there's a local gaming convention coming up in two weeks, and while I'm perusing the second-hand game vendors* I thought I might keep an eye out for something the After Hours crew could review.  I've enjoyed the CyberSpace reviews so far, are there any titles your looking for?

*still haven't completed my collection of TMNT & Other Strangeness supplements.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2017, 12:54:19 AM »
We definitely do NOT need any Palladium stuff. Got plenty of that. Nor do we need any WoD stuff.

Weird adventure modules are always good, especially third party ones. We haven't really covered a lot of the early 2000s d20 glut so any of that bottom of the barrel material would be good.