Author Topic: I can't help myself... I gotta brag a little bit  (Read 20424 times)

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
I can't help myself... I gotta brag a little bit
« on: June 15, 2009, 02:46:13 PM »
So my wife and I decided to grill hamburgers for dinner last night.

Tired of just plain-old burgers, I decided to try something that I not only hoped I could do without screwing up, but also have it come out delicious.

I mixed ground beef with some steak seasoning, added some Worcestershire sauce, a small spoonful of minced garlic, and a handful of blue cheese crumbles.

I mixed everything together, formed patties, (ensuring that large blue cheese chunks were pushed deeper into the patty), and grilled them to a really nice medium. In the final minute of cooking, we added a slice of swiss cheese to it too.

Honestly, best damn burgers I've ever made. I was patient, flipped them only once, and I ended out with nice, thick, cheesey burgers cooked to a perfect medium. I have never done that before. I almost always make at least one hockey puck, but not last night.

Yummy! Yummy! Yummy!!!   ;D
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: I can't help myself... I gotta brag a little bit
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 02:53:48 PM »
I applaude your enginuity and experimentation.

I have to say I was worried when I read the line "tired of plain old burgers" but pressed on and was rewarded. Burgers are probably my favorite food. I've eaten them forever and still haven't gotten tired of them.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 04:10:18 PM »
fuck im hungry now

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 05:22:27 PM »
fuck im hungry now

Yeah, with Karee and I not around anymore, I'm surprised you haven't starved.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 05:23:37 PM »
All this talk about burgers is making me think of how to use them in a campaign.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 06:07:32 PM »
fuck im hungry now

Yeah, with Karee and I not around anymore, I'm surprised you haven't starved.

too late im dead X_X

nah j/k i ate a western bacon burger from hardees it was p good

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 06:11:01 PM »
too late im dead X_X

It may have been good but I think it did something to your brains, like remove your capitals and periods.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 06:11:59 PM »
too late im dead X_X

It may have been good but I think it did something to your brains, like remove your capitals and periods.

whut

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 06:19:01 PM »
too late im dead X_X

whut

Granted I'm not one who should give anybody crap about their grammar...

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 11:33:13 PM »
too late im dead X_X

whut

;D

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 11:37:12 PM »
too late im dead X_X

whut

;D

How many nested quotes can we get in one thread?
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 11:54:24 PM »
too late im dead X_X

whut

;D

Lots.

Made myself some burgers tonight. Lovely pucks with cheese. My favorite kind. Did use a new sauce. Normally I go with mayo and ketchup but I was out of ketchup so I mixed mayo with tomato garlic pasta sauce. Lovely new tastes.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 01:36:02 AM »
o
too late im dead X_X

whut

;D

Lots.

Made myself some burgers tonight. Lovely pucks with cheese. My favorite kind. Did use a new sauce. Normally I go with mayo and ketchup but I was out of ketchup so I mixed mayo with tomato garlic pasta sauce. Lovely new tastes.

sounds pretty damn good. I was watching a cooking show and they made stuffed burgers they made a bottom patty and filled it with blue cheese, oinons and i think bacon strips pre cooked, random spices and then made another thin patty put it ontop of the bottom patty with all the junk in it and primped the edges like a pie crust, looked realy good in the end i wanna try that out!

another fun grill item is take a whole chicken drink half a can of beer and put it in the bottom of the chicken put paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl mixed all up lots of paprika and rub the whole chicken down with the seasoning anything left over put in the bottom whole of the chicken. then you make the chicken sit on the can put its leggs forward and the can back so its litterly sitting on the can or you can buy a stand and use that. but i like jusy the can. cook it ftell the bredst meat reaches a nice done temp i think 140 or 160. should say on your thermomiter, or about 45 min to an hour. turns out great!

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 09:18:03 AM »
o
too late im dead X_X

whut

;D

Lots.

sounds pretty damn good. I was watching a cooking show and they made stuffed burgers they made a bottom patty and filled it with blue cheese, oinons and i think bacon strips pre cooked, random spices and then made another thin patty put it ontop of the bottom patty with all the junk in it and primped the edges like a pie crust, looked realy good in the end i wanna try that out!

another fun grill item is take a whole chicken drink half a can of beer and put it in the bottom of the chicken put paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl mixed all up lots of paprika and rub the whole chicken down with the seasoning anything left over put in the bottom whole of the chicken. then you make the chicken sit on the can put its leggs forward and the can back so its litterly sitting on the can or you can buy a stand and use that. but i like jusy the can. cook it ftell the bredst meat reaches a nice done temp i think 140 or 160. should say on your thermomiter, or about 45 min to an hour. turns out great!
Mmmmm... Beer-can Chicken sounds damn good.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 11:55:23 AM »
o
too late im dead X_X

whut

;D

Lots.

Mmmmm... Beer-can Chicken sounds damn good.
Hasenpfeffer is equally delicious.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read