Author Topic: My thoughts on the different gaming podcasts that I listen to.  (Read 28493 times)

Doctor X

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: My thoughts on the different gaming podcasts that I listen to.
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 07:36:09 PM »

On another note, been glad that everyone seems to have taken this in the roast spirit intended.  Dan from FtB thought it might be inflammatory, but then, that's kinda his job, isn't it?

The FtB guys actually read this board? Huh. Hi guys!

Well, they read THEIR board, don't know about this one.  Posted this here, there, Spooky Outhouse, and Brilliant Gameologists' forums too.

Tissue

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • I am a rock and roll star
    • View Profile
    • Sirkus
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 06:57:42 AM »
As far as gaming podcasts out there that are interesting, Yog Radio is enjoyable and different.

Yeah, after I wrote this, realized "Shit, I forgot Yog Radio!"  Then I realized I couldn't really come up with anything funny to say about them.  "Instead of talking about nothing for an hour a week, they do it for 3 hours every other month?"  "I've bought a lot of stuff because of them?"  I'd already done the "Wow!  A show that's actually about the subject matter" joke with RPPR.

On another note, been glad that everyone seems to have taken this in the roast spirit intended.  Dan from FtB thought it might be inflammatory, but then, that's kinda his job, isn't it?

The FtB guys actually read this board? Huh. Hi guys!

Also, if I found a good mp3 splitter program, I could break the APs into smaller chunks but then there's the problem of delivering them. Even though I have plenty of games in the can, I don't upload them too quickly because I don't want our actual episodes to be drowned out in the sea of AP and releasing them in smaller chunks would exacerbate that problem. 

I'm afraid i'll have to disagree.  I would rather have a weekly dose of RPPR actual plays then no RPPR at all.  4 Actual plays a month and 1 show really isn't too bad of a balance
www.myspace.com/sirkusrocks

This is my band,  check us out.

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 11:40:50 PM »
rppr is the only gaming podcast I listne to the rest are NPR, kevin polak, and adam corolla
Kenders Rock

Tissue

• I am a rock and roll star
    • View Profile
    • Sirkus
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 02:42:56 AM »
rppr is the only gaming podcast I listne to the rest are NPR, kevin polak, and adam corolla

Kevin Polak rocks!  Did you see the ep with Kevin Smith?  Hilarious.  It was more like Kevin was running the show.

I listen to Kevin's SMod cast religiously.
www.myspace.com/sirkusrocks

This is my band,  check us out.

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 03:16:19 PM »
yea his interview with filesha day got me into the guild.

yeah kevin smith was sweet

and his interview with adam got me hooked on his podcast
Kenders Rock

pwvogt

• View Profile
    • The Hopeless Gamer
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 12:01:42 PM »
Atomic Array is a cast I just picked up because of their hour-long interview with one of the creators of Geist: The Sin-Eaters. The interview was very good, and I look forward to listening to more of their stuff.

I also have enjoyed the Walking Eye podcast for their AP's followed by reviews. They do character creation together, 3 or 4 sessions of AP, then a review show, and it's one of the best, straightforward review shows I've listened to for this reason specifically. After reading the Mouse Guard rulebook, their treatment of the product really shored up any confusion I still had, plus they interview Luke Crane afterwards, which was kind of neat.

'Course RPPR is still tops :)

Sidenote: this is unfairly snobby of me, but I have a hard time listening to podcasts out of England. I enjoy a good English accent and still love the original Office and Spaced, but something about English accented radio throws me off.
The Hopeless Gamer Blog! http://thehopelessgamer.blogspot.com/ - Come check it out!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Paul_Vogt

Staff Writer for Eye of the Vortex - gaming magazine at the center of all things nerdy/interesting! http://www.eyeofthevortexonline.com/

Neberu

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 11:47:01 PM »
What do you guys think about:
 The Game Master Show
or (I don't feel like diging for links, use google)
Bears grove
Does my Geek Look Big in this?
or
Dragons Landing Inn?

They seem like pretty big ones but I'd rather take someones review than waste hours of my life on potential crap.

pwvogt

• View Profile
    • The Hopeless Gamer
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 05:41:16 PM »
I found the game master show to be really hit or miss. They do have the only AP of the (Jenga) Dread game, which I appreciated.

I tried listening to the Dragons Landing Inn, but just never got hooked. I know they're big news and have quite a following, but I've found that casts that focus strongly on one topic tends to lose me after a bit (except the Savage Love Cast, I will always listen to the weird shit other people do to get off).
The Hopeless Gamer Blog! http://thehopelessgamer.blogspot.com/ - Come check it out!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Paul_Vogt

Staff Writer for Eye of the Vortex - gaming magazine at the center of all things nerdy/interesting! http://www.eyeofthevortexonline.com/

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 05:58:00 PM »
I found the game master show to be really hit or miss. They do have the only AP of the (Jenga) Dread game, which I appreciated.

I tried listening to the Dragons Landing Inn, but just never got hooked. I know they're big news and have quite a following, but I've found that casts that focus strongly on one topic tends to lose me after a bit (except the Savage Love Cast, I will always listen to the weird shit other people do to get off).

what topic is that? I thought they were a general RPG podcast