Author Topic: New world campaign  (Read 244783 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: New world campaign
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2009, 02:46:53 PM »
I finally caught up on the New World campaign and I have one nagging question regarding what transpired between the destruction of the Thieves Guild and the group going off to fight Cortez - what happened to LT the Grippli slavefreer?  Last we heard he was playing Moses. 

I'm hoping he returns in extravagant fashion - Ramboesque - rising from the swamp to assist in the Hydra battle or something. 

All in all, love the podcasts, love to hear how other people play the game. thanks

I could tell you but I don't want to spoil anything. I did not forget about him.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2009, 02:13:13 AM »
O SHI new episode is up.

On the new AP podcast.

What is weird is the quests I introduced in this session weren't resolved until recently - so they are there for like 14-15 sessions.

Fucking crazy.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2009, 11:21:42 PM »
O SHI new episode is up.

On the new AP podcast.

What is weird is the quests I introduced in this session weren't resolved until recently - so they are there for like 14-15 sessions.

Fucking crazy.

Weaving the story better then the all the best story tellers in the world sounds more like it to me.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2009, 02:14:30 AM »
I love how lock wants to change and not be with pontafix, go back to the nutral line. but cody as soon as tom leaves the table, ok good we can go do evil things now haha!

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2009, 10:43:56 AM »
no reaction on the tomb of horrors thats crazy, also no one was impresed about going to sigil.
Kenders Rock

beowuuf

• View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2009, 02:03:09 PM »

I know! I wonder if no-one heard Ross correctly... or didn't hear the Capitals When He Said It and thought it was just 'a tomb of horrors'.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2009, 02:15:00 PM »
La-le-lu-le-lo.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2009, 08:36:50 PM »
Played in cody's new world game - Cortez Gaiden - last night. I was an ambitious cleric of Pelor. I might have roleplayed it a bit too well, I creeped Cody out a bit apparently when I ordered the subjugation of a heathen tribe of natives. After we captured or killed most of the adults, I asked one of the captives where their camp was so I could capture and raise their children as faithful of Pelor.

Oh and these were peaceful natives.

I realize now that I did it to cover up one of my character's mistakes. Earlier, we had found a body of a new world native and I was trying to return it to his tribe so they could bury it. I gave it to the wrong tribe and they tore up his body and wore parts of it as part of a religious ceremony. I wanted to cover that up so the dead guy's tribe wouldn't get angry with us and any tribe that uses dead guy parts is obviously evil.

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2009, 09:58:17 PM »
It was really creepy, but I loved it. Excellent role-playing and it took the game in a different direction, but one that is perfect to distinguish the Gaiden-verse from our campaign.

Also, thinking of it symbolically, we can see that people have a history of making horrible mistakes they think are the right thing.

Prepare for your minds to get fucked with this mini-campaign. I am really looking forward to messing with some characters you don't expect. I've been thinking about doing a future story too. I've got a really beautiful, fairy-tale type beginning that I would like to try.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2009, 10:11:45 PM »
Well I'm excited. Ross is always kind of strange when he gets put into the player seat. And I have no idea how Cody running a game is going to run.

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2009, 06:28:57 PM »
Well I'm excited. Ross is always kind of strange when he gets put into the player seat. And I have no idea how Cody running a game is going to run.

I tried to run it as close to Ross's style as possible. It was the first session, so it wasn't terribly open-ended, but I tried to give the players some options.

All in all, it was a really good session and I look forward to the future of Gaiden-verse. There are some really fucking brilliant twists coming up that I look forward to.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

codered

• Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2009, 08:34:27 PM »
i'm excited
Kenders Rock

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2009, 10:42:25 PM »

The one thing that you can allways count ross on doing, is see what is behind the next door. He allways wants to look out the window and see the CoC monster or read the book that will drive him mad. I dont think I have heard ross ever not be curious, even if its for the bad. Thats why I love ross as a player he will allways look for the excitement and want to know what is actuly there.

I can't wait to here codys version of the new world.... I assume we do get to hear it right!

codered

• Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2009, 10:39:40 PM »
we better get to hear it
Kenders Rock

Tissue

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • I am a rock and roll star
    • View Profile
    • Sirkus
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2009, 09:25:35 AM »
it would be good to hear more Ross games as a player.
www.myspace.com/sirkusrocks

This is my band,  check us out.