Author Topic: Old School PbP Comic Idea  (Read 18652 times)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
Old School PbP Comic Idea
« on: September 27, 2009, 04:11:58 PM »
Any of you guys know an aspiring RPG-inspire comic artist that would want to take scenes/episodes out of the ridiculous Old School PbP game that is going on right now and draw them up as a RPPR comic? Something that could maybe go up on the main page?
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Old School PbP Comic Idea
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 07:09:50 PM »
I haven't done any Sprite comics in awhile. Miss the taste. I'll give it a shot. It'll take some time to gather enough sprites. Anybody who has access to good ones, backgrounds in particular, let me know.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 10:52:39 PM »
nice idea!

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 11:30:51 PM »
Well since Atilla has lived longer the I planed guess I should give him a discription.

Atilla Redcap, medium sized red headed dwarf with dark brown eyes. Armed with his trusted axe, he is on his never ending quest of hunger. He recently was bestowed a grand gift turning him into a skaven. His dark red fur now covers his body completly, though he still wears his Leather hat and cloak, and now slightly tattered pants. He now works for his new master The Rat King.

ArtfulShrapnel

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 04:20:31 PM »
I dunno about a comic, but I'm currently doing my PC-A-Day project, where I draw a new character player each day. Perhaps I could take a swing at some of my new adventuring compatriots? (I just rolled up a character)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 06:58:32 PM »
I dunno about a comic, but I'm currently doing my PC-A-Day project, where I draw a new character player each day. Perhaps I could take a swing at some of my new adventuring compatriots? (I just rolled up a character)

Sounds good. But I still think if we found a comic artist to do some 6-12 frame comics, it would be a nice addition to the main page. Of course, the work would have to be for free since this is RPPR we're talking about and it's not like we have a budget. :D
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 09:18:14 PM »
I can certainly do it. They won't be frequent, of course, but I can certainly do highlights from the adventure. Won't really try for a continuality unless there's a good sequence of events.

I think we'll need a team though. I can do the comics but I'll need at least one other person to proof read scripts and check demos for errors and humor.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 09:23:34 PM »
I can certainly do it. They won't be frequent, of course, but I can certainly do highlights from the adventure. Won't really try for a continuality unless there's a good sequence of events.

I think we'll need a team though. I can do the comics but I'll need at least one other person to proof read scripts and check demos for errors and humor.

I can proof read. I've edited a few literary publications and I read ~1,000 pages of student writing in a semester, so I'm pretty quick at doing so.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 10:19:33 PM »
Cool. I'll draft the first script over the next few days after I review the thread some.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 10:35:30 PM »
You might want to wait until after the town riot. ;-)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 10:54:07 PM »
Well I figured the first page would be the first characters appearing and then follow the guys who actually check out the dungeon.

I want to focus on the groups, not the individuals, like Shakespeare, particularly the ones with funny dialog. Talking barrell is fucking awesome.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 11:05:01 PM »
You mean Winthrop. Oh, poor Richelieu, I was hoping he'd survive longer.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 11:07:04 PM »
See, that was why the very first thing I did was run. And then ran from the next fight. And then surrendered. It's also why my character doesn't make for a great character to follow.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 11:17:17 PM »
I almost killed the bugman. Sigh. I can't wait until I roll some decent stats.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 11:39:50 PM »
I have enjoyed Shakespeare's Quest so far. He's who I would be rooting for if Atilla wasent around haha!