Author Topic: The RPPR AP podcast site is now up  (Read 673480 times)

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
Re: The RPPR AP podcast site is now up
« Reply #735 on: May 15, 2013, 03:04:21 PM »
I would like content that would never make the main site.  After backing baseraiders I found myself miffed when it lead to weeks of no RPPR later down the line.

So give me failed campaigns, playtests and one-shots that you probably wouldn't post at all and I'll give you a few dollars for it.

EDIT: answer to question. Con games first
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 03:05:56 PM by Gorkamorka »
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #736 on: May 15, 2013, 04:28:54 PM »
1. All B Side material will eventually become free, but it will NOT replace regular episodes. I'll just dump a package of a B Side on a separate page a year or so later. This includes the bonus content. The page will include a message along the lines of "This bonus package of AP episodes was made available thanks to the donations of listeners like X" for anyone who bought the B Side.

2. B Side material will be material that would otherwise not be made available at all. First one will be a batch of con games.

3. What kind of bonus material would you be interested in?

A special podcast from me and/tom or caleb

A postcard mailed to you (with new art of course)?

An audio comedy skit - fanfiction readings, improv material, or a discussion of Phoenix Command's rules?

Something I haven't thought of?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #737 on: May 15, 2013, 05:09:24 PM »
I'd love to hear discussions of odd products like Phoenix Command or strange themes in gaming or podcasts that go back to some of the already explored podcasts.

Things that are too short for the normal podcast or too long and unfocused.

EDIT: Does anybody else feel like we're trying to convince a fastfood place to sell us their old fries? I just had this realization that I'm actually asking to pay for things that I dont't think would be good enough for the main stream listeners or stuff Ross was gonna just throw out. I think we might have a problem my fellow AP addicts.

Still want it though.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 05:12:35 PM by Tadanori Oyama »

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 15, 2013, 05:26:51 PM »
EDIT: Does anybody else feel like we're trying to convince a fastfood place to sell us their old fries? I just had this realization that I'm actually asking to pay for things that I dont't think would be good enough for the main stream listeners or stuff Ross was gonna just throw out. I think we might have a problem my fellow AP addicts.

Ross and I were discussing how to differentiate between material earlier for what it's worth.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 15, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »
Quote from: Tadanori Oyama

It's the difference between getting a ton of meth, and then going on a hiatus then right when the withdrawls are at their peak someone offers you meth cut with baking soda and you pay for it anyway.

XD

RPPR IS CRYSTAL METH!
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #740 on: May 15, 2013, 07:03:49 PM »
Breaking Dice

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #741 on: May 15, 2013, 07:24:24 PM »
Breaking Dice

I would've gone with "Rolling Bad".

Game idea: modern horror game were crystal meth is disguised as clear Game Science dice and distrubted openly at conventions.

SageNytell

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 15, 2013, 10:38:41 PM »
You guys make an unbearable job where I have to make hundreds of decisions which run counter to my hard-held ethical beliefs every day doable. The podcasts give me something to look forward to when I'm doing my evil shit, ergo I am fine with a percentage of the income earned from that position going to you for extra content. If that makes me an addict, then I'm mainlining APs every day.
Looking forward to the day when I'm listening to this alongside something I like doing.

Extra podcasts would be dandy. The postcards are neat but they're hard to explain in my cubicle and they'd get lost at home.

Joven

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 16, 2013, 12:01:52 AM »
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Extra bonus podcasts, definitely fanfic readings (Cody will forever be the voice of Hans Von Hozel for me). Bonus raillery stuff, and you got a camera now, so maybe an occasional thing like Rifftrax's "Birdemic: Shock and Terror Players". Not sure I'd really need or want any physical goods.

I would say, leave them up for purchasing for a while, like 2 weeks to a month before theyre released for free anyway. It kinda sucks hearing about stuff that was a kickstarter bonus that I didn't get in on (due to having a shitty memory and forgetting to listen to stuff on time, or listening and intending to look at it but forgetting until later) until after its closed and not getting the bonus stuff until just before heat death with no second chance.

Does anybody else feel like we're trying to convince a fastfood place to sell us their old fries? I just had this realization that I'm actually asking to pay for things that I dont't think would be good enough for the main stream listeners or stuff Ross was gonna just throw out. I think we might have a problem my fellow AP addicts

Maybe instead of old fries, you're buying the used fry oil for a biodiesel?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #744 on: June 08, 2013, 09:31:23 PM »
http://slangdesign.com/rppr/rppr-b-sides-episodes-from-the-role-playing-public-radio-archives/

Volume 1 is up - it contains not just con games, but some home games with Cody. A lot of the con games are in quiet locations so they're easier to understand.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #745 on: June 29, 2013, 08:43:30 PM »
My impression of Caleb's character in last night's Days after Ragnarok one shot:

Also, anyone listen to all or most of the B-sides yet? Any thoughts on them?

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 29, 2013, 11:58:10 PM »
I listened to two of the CoC APs: City under the Sea and Punitive Measures.

Really liked both, wished Punitive Measures was longer, it seemed a very interesting scenario
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

geekyogrt

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
    • Geek Yogrt
« Reply #747 on: July 01, 2013, 04:41:16 PM »
You could alleviate the "I didn't get my fix" factor by not having the B sides interrupt the normal posting schedule when they are made public.  With that you don't have the gap in new content.

On general content - I really liked the debriefs of Know Evil & New Arcadia.  I realize that requires a campaign of some sort, however the concept was intriguing.  I would also be interested in throwing cash at a "classics" setup i.e. playing a bunch of old established scenarios - Tomb of horrors, etc.  A series around designing an actual system might be interesting - design choices, themes, etc.   

As a simple business curiosity, I'd be interested in seeing if you could create a standing DM and / or player service.  Basically, an RPPR member on retainer for a group via web games or a one time Blood Bowl-esque gaming merc.  It always seems to be a popular selection in the kickstarters.  Entertain my curiosities please.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #748 on: July 05, 2013, 06:39:19 PM »
You could alleviate the "I didn't get my fix" factor by not having the B sides interrupt the normal posting schedule when they are made public.  With that you don't have the gap in new content.

On general content - I really liked the debriefs of Know Evil & New Arcadia.  I realize that requires a campaign of some sort, however the concept was intriguing.  I would also be interested in throwing cash at a "classics" setup i.e. playing a bunch of old established scenarios - Tomb of horrors, etc.  A series around designing an actual system might be interesting - design choices, themes, etc.   

As a simple business curiosity, I'd be interested in seeing if you could create a standing DM and / or player service.  Basically, an RPPR member on retainer for a group via web games or a one time Blood Bowl-esque gaming merc.  It always seems to be a popular selection in the kickstarters.  Entertain my curiosities please.

I'm just going to post all of the B-Sides episodes at once.

As for the DM/player for hire service, I'll put some thought into it once I shove Base Raiders out the door.

Does anyone speak German? Saw this referrer link and google translate makes it seem positive but I'd like a human translation of it: http://disinvictis.wordpress.com/2012/07/25/rppr-actual-play-podcast-cthulhu-invictus/

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 31, 2013, 09:37:33 PM »
No special Halloween horror AP for tonight? :(