Author Topic: smokey horror  (Read 9325 times)

Mason

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • he who laughs last, didn't get it.
    • View Profile
    • my myspace page
smokey horror
« on: March 21, 2009, 10:59:45 PM »
I recently ordered the "Book of Unremitting Horror" from Pelgrane press for my TAPS horror game. the site said Id have it in two weeks, I had the PDF right then so the wait wasnt too big of an issue.

finally two weeks pass and the book arrives on my door step. Im like a kid at christmas with this box, I bring it inside and I open it up only to be hit with the stench of second hand smoke. that alone is pretty bad( it shows poor professionalism) but ontop of that the cover had a light coating of ash (probably from said cigarette).

now I've aired it out and the smell isnt so bad, but Im wondering if this is a common occurance with there products? if so I might not order anymore from them. can anyone let me know if they've had the same thing happen to them.
"a Kenyan man once told me you can get use to anything when money is involved... he use to stick mice up his ass for twenty dollars a pop." -Spider Jerusalem

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: smokey horror
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 11:10:19 PM »
I got my books from Gencon so no problems there. You should contact them and explain your problem. Probably a one time accident.