Author Topic: DORF FORT  (Read 67600 times)

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
Re: DORF FORT
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2010, 11:07:12 AM »
My other problem with most tile sets is I cant full screen them, or if I do it dont streach to fit /wrist! Ill check it out. but usuly ASCII is the only one that works right.

doctorscraps

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2010, 06:56:37 PM »
All of my forts end in blood and tears...and flooding. Usually lots of flooding.
not to mention I can't play more than an hour without my eyes aching.
When the GM can't roll higher than a ten on the D20, he see's his plot points flash before his eyes.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2010, 07:11:33 PM »
All of my forts end in blood and tears...and flooding. Usually lots of flooding.
not to mention I can't play more than an hour without my eyes aching.

Sounds like your having fun.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2010, 09:22:50 PM »
I believe that floodwater-blood slush is the best sort of icy refreshment.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2010, 01:02:54 AM »
I believe that floodwater-blood slush is the best sort of icy refreshment.

I normaly dont play in frozen areas. I like the nice hot type of blood that turn stone into Obsidian.

doctorscraps

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2010, 10:04:48 AM »
I usually play in forested areas for the wood, plus that seems to be the newbie area until I actually learn the f-in' control scheme better.

So one fortress had this large resevoir of water in the water off the to side adjacent to where the fort entrance was. Just for shits and giggles, I had a dude dig a tunnel into it from the outside to see what would happen. The water pressure rockets him across the field, and the valley gets flooded for many days until the resevoir empties, full of dead fish and muddy soil.
Many farm animals got wet feet that day...
When the GM can't roll higher than a ten on the D20, he see's his plot points flash before his eyes.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2010, 06:23:32 PM »
My surgeon was just operating on a veteran when something went horribly wrong and blood sprayed all over the hospital walls.

Experienced sword dwarf was fighting a goblin at the very top of my grand staircase. He dodged off the side, and fell. All. The. Way. To. The. Bottom. It took 5 actual seconds for him to land and splatter everywhere. I found his head resting on a bridge 10 z levels above the rest of his remains. The goblins have managed to secure a large part of my fortress. My chief historian and his aide along with a planter have barricaded themselves in my dining room/ food storage area. They should uphold the legacy of my fortress until some migrants come.

I love this game. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 08:16:23 PM by Kroack »

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2010, 10:55:36 AM »
New version out yesterday! 0.31.8

I used the tile set you recomended for 1 full fortress, I actuly had a harder time seeing walls some times in it, unless I made them into smoth ones. Sadly the dwarfs only lived 2 years, they were killed by an ambush of goblins during the 2nd trading session with the home town. The home town only had 3 cross bowmen, in the trading party, they killed off one wave of goblins, but the 2nd wave struck from the south and had an amazing Macemen in it who tore appart 12 of my dwarfs and the 3 cross bowmen. sadly I only had  a population of 23 so the remaining 10 decided to take the goods from the merchents and head back to the home town, while the goblins finished raiding off any straglers. 

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2010, 11:07:56 AM »
Haha.

Losing is fun!

doctorscraps

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2010, 11:06:17 AM »
No one wins at Dwarf Fortress...It's like playing with legos. You build it and build it and build it, until it eventually all comes crashing down. That's how you play Dwarf Fortress.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2010, 11:09:05 AM »
No one wins at Dwarf Fortress...It's like playing with legos. You build it and build it and build it, until it eventually all comes crashing down. That's how you play Dwarf Fortress.

You open the box and can't make sense of the pictures and arrows and eventually get frustrated half way through the construction. Yeah, sounds like Dwarf Fortress.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2010, 11:41:40 AM »
mmmm I do love legos.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2010, 09:58:16 PM »

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2010, 12:29:07 PM »
That's been possible in the game for a long time, I believe. Most players just choose not to dwell under the cruel, open sky and prefer to dig into the sides of mountains.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2010, 09:28:16 PM »
well, its computer generated countryside for adventurer mode.