Author Topic: Modern League of Extraordinary Gentlemen  (Read 35401 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Modern League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 11:17:11 PM »
I was just making a joke goddddddddddd.  :P

ur mom is a joke

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2010, 09:34:35 AM »
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2010, 11:56:28 AM »
So as far as the main plot of the GURPS MLoEG goes, were there ever plans for a third installment? Or did it fizzle out after the second?
For me a logicial continuation of the storyline would be preventing Ghostbuster Inc. employees from summoning some kind of Lovecraftian Horror.

I was thinking about including something about the destroyer in the game, now I just have to come up with 1 form for the destroyer for each character.

Dalek Invasion is probably the Doctors.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 12:10:30 PM by Flawless P »
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2010, 12:50:54 PM »
there have been several more League games but all of them are self-contained stories

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2010, 01:41:21 PM »
Are those in the AP's to come pile?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2010, 02:54:21 PM »
yup

i will try to include them in the next ransom preview batch too

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2010, 02:59:48 PM »
Did you have a finale planned for the Ghostbusters themed game? I'm curious to find out how you would have ended it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 04:36:11 PM by Flawless P »

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2010, 08:45:59 PM »
yeah, I was wondering how that story would end.

joecrak

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2010, 10:05:08 PM »
Man i just recently finished episode 2 and loved the Turtles.

However, I can not for th life of me believe that Tom never brought up either of the two following characters to try and summon as they already had Rambo.

And i know this is so long ago it doesn't matter but i only recently listened to the ep.

Why in God's name didn't they try to recruit Dutch from Predator, or John Matrix from Commando?!  You had stallone, how could none of the players not try and get Ahnold?

edit

As for the Master he was on his last life back in Baker/Davison's days. Maybe even before. Since then he was always stealing life or bodies from others to stay alive, and the Time Lords resurrected him during the Time War but he ran away. 

God knows how they will ever deal with the 13 when they get to it in actuality, because just suddenly granting him more lives would be a huge cope out.

I'me more interested in seeing the possible return of the time lords that wouldn't involve them selves at all in the war like The Rani, The Meddling Monk, the doctors granddaughter Susan, who was on Earth.  but that raises the question that are the regenerations specific to Time Lords, or do all people of Galifray have them?  Because the two were not intended to be always the same.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 10:15:50 PM by joecrak »
Freedom is not a license for chaos.

iceemaker

• Medium Aberrant Humanoid (Gamer)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2010, 11:57:56 PM »
All of this Doctor Who discussion is completely foreign to me, so I don't have anything to add on that matter.

I just wanted to state that I am disappointed by the lack of Dr. House or Michael Westin. I suppose they don't have any superhuman powers, but come on. Best roleplaying opportunities imaginable.
My avatar is Jade Harley from Homestuck. You really should be reading it.

BeyondSandrock

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 01:10:42 AM »
As for the Master he was on his last life back in Baker/Davison's days. Maybe even before. Since then he was always stealing life or bodies from others to stay alive, and the Time Lords resurrected him during the Time War but he ran away. 

God knows how they will ever deal with the 13 when they get to it in actuality, because just suddenly granting him more lives would be a huge cope out.

I'me more interested in seeing the possible return of the time lords that wouldn't involve them selves at all in the war like The Rani, The Meddling Monk, the doctors granddaughter Susan, who was on Earth.  but that raises the question that are the regenerations specific to Time Lords, or do all people of Galifray have them?  Because the two were not intended to be always the same.

Actually, The Master came back one more time during the 1996 television movie that introduced the 8th Doctor.  But I'm not certain if he appeared in any of the other audio or written 8th Doctor stories before the revival started.

As for the Time Lords returning it may be difficult to do so without classifying them as somewhat villainous, given Rassilons actions during The End of Time.  Two people who could classify as Time Lord or part Time Lord would be Jenny (The Doctors Daughter) or the Meta-Crisis clone of The Doctor that currently resides in Petes World.
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 11:22:06 AM »
My roommate has finally chosen his character, and as I knew he would he, he is playing a character from a Manga. Psyren, I have never read it but I perused wikipedia and found out he has an ability is hard to use is Risus, so he just isn't going to be using that particular ability.

Ageha Yoshina
Psyren (4)
Problem Solver (3)
High Schooler (3)

joecrak

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2010, 02:16:15 PM »

Actually, The Master came back one more time during the 1996 television movie that introduced the 8th Doctor.  But I'm not certain if he appeared in any of the other audio or written 8th Doctor stories before the revival started.

As for the Time Lords returning it may be difficult to do so without classifying them as somewhat villainous, given Rassilons actions during The End of Time.  Two people who could classify as Time Lord or part Time Lord would be Jenny (The Doctors Daughter) or the Meta-Crisis clone of The Doctor that currently resides in Petes World.

Eric Roberts Master shouldn't count though. And i never said he went away. Again in the U.S. tv movie he was still dead, he just stole another person's body staying true to his m.o.

Ace was originally planned to become a time lord in the next season of McCoy's but the show was ended so her fate is still a mystery. In one of the non-canon audio adventures it happens, but thats blatantly non-canon. Even still if she had become a time lord in the missing years she'd prob be in the time war, and dead now.
Freedom is not a license for chaos.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 05:19:49 PM »

Eric Roberts Master shouldn't count though. And i never said he went away. Again in the U.S. tv movie he was still dead, he just stole another person's body staying true to his m.o.

Ace was originally planned to become a time lord in the next season of McCoy's but the show was ended so her fate is still a mystery. In one of the non-canon audio adventures it happens, but thats blatantly non-canon. Even still if she had become a time lord in the missing years she'd prob be in the time war, and dead now.

I am hoping they go with it being a societal imposed limit that he no longer has to follow, they can keep this thing going for a looooong time.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 06:44:38 PM »
fucking christ make a new thread to wank off about doctor who