Author Topic: Mall Ninja/Night Shift  (Read 32092 times)

IDaMan008

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
Re: Mall Ninja/Night Shift
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2010, 04:53:14 AM »
I ran this scenario for a bunch of friends tonight with fantastic results. My group was sort of resistant to following the missing boy thread at first, but I managed to get them back on track. I think the focus drifted because I had given each of them one of the strange tidbits to chew over--like the mysterious bottle display, and a bit I created especially for one character who was an author where he walked into a bookstore and found copies of a book he hadn't written yet--and they were trying desperately to connect them. After a few reminders, though, Carcosa worked its maddening magic.

I think one of my favorite ways in which my runthrough varied from the one Ross ran followed immediately after they captured the kidnapper. My players wanted to interrogate him using the Good Cop, Bad Cop method, and didn't seem interested when McCready asked them to go up to the roof with him. When they told him they had to interrogate the prisoner, I had him ask them if he could sit in, and magic happened. Of course, he brought along a shot of sodium pentothal and a case full of torture instruments, and they bloody freaked out! They finally managed to make McCready stop doing terrible things to the kidnapper by convincing him that the usual methods weren't working, and he excused himself to go get a car battery and a sledgehammer.

All told, a great AP and a fantastic one-shot to run for your friends on a Saturday night.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2010, 02:12:39 PM »
I ran Night Mall 6 times altogether and every time it wound up ending differently. I'll have to post the APs sooner or later.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2010, 02:37:00 PM »
Hmm - some ideas for Night Mall - characters can find themselves in abandoned buildings around the world - walk through a door and find yourself here http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35291555 or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryugyong_Hotel

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2010, 05:17:16 PM »
Hmm - some ideas for Night Mall - characters can find themselves in abandoned buildings around the world - walk through a door and find yourself here http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35291555 or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryugyong_Hotel

I love when communist countries attempt super projects and then realize, "holy fuck, our economic system doesn't produce enough capital to allow for this and no one wants to invest."
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2010, 05:36:14 PM »
hahaha, yeah good point. What is with totalitarian societies and mega-construction projects?

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2010, 05:52:20 PM »
hahaha, yeah good point. What is with totalitarian societies and mega-construction projects?

It's a conflation of nationalism and "my dick is bigger than your dick" ideology.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

malyss

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2010, 11:31:36 AM »
Can't we just agree that they are all big dicks and move on with our lives?

IDaMan008

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2010, 08:52:14 PM »
Can't we just agree that they are all big dicks and move on with our lives?

If George Carlin is to be believed, you may have just hit upon a pathway to world peace. Unfortunately, I think that there are too many people who are too insecure about what they're packing to simply ignore international dick measuring altogether. It's sort of a staple of being male.

malyss

• Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2010, 01:02:12 PM »
George Carlin lives by the book.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2010, 01:14:17 PM »
Seems like it'd be alot less effort to just establish a dick measuring branch of the UN to do a regular census.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2010, 01:18:35 PM »
Seems like it'd be alot less effort to just establish a dick measuring branch of the UN to do a regular census.

I'm tempted to write this up as microfiction.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2010, 01:32:59 PM »
Or establish an internation committee to regular dick based economic ventures. A percentage of GDP towards dick related construction sounds fair but might be unfair for smaller countries. A flat dick maximum would have to be quite low for some poor countries to even come close to reaching it.

Maybe an internation dick fund? Dick relief for countries without leadership who feel the need to construct dick monuments. I'm sure there's plenty of wealthy dicks in America and China who can spare some dick change for the third world.

Have I said "dick" enough yet or should I keep going?

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2010, 01:50:16 PM »
Or establish an internation committee to regular dick based economic ventures. A percentage of GDP towards dick related construction sounds fair but might be unfair for smaller countries. A flat dick maximum would have to be quite low for some poor countries to even come close to reaching it.

Maybe an internation dick fund? Dick relief for countries without leadership who feel the need to construct dick monuments. I'm sure there's plenty of wealthy dicks in America and China who can spare some dick change for the third world.

Have I said "dick" enough yet or should I keep going?

Write that shit up as a script and make the RPPR crew perform it.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2010, 02:13:33 PM »
Tonight on Hardline we discuss the new marijuana legislation being passed around in Congress but first we have phallic pundit Peter Johnson in the studio to whip out the latest news in international dick treaty along with special correspondent Dr. Roster Block.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 02:22:09 PM by Tadanori Oyama »

malyss

• Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2010, 11:21:58 AM »
Dr. Roster Block was conducting studies for the Richard Edward Society to determine to what extent low blood pressure was contributing to continued flaccidity in the economy and how shoring up the oil industry could lead to more erections near heavily used wells that are drying up. The friction generated by this debate is likely to lead to an explosion of incredible proportions. Face it, this is one oral engagement you don't want to end prematurely.