General Category > Role Playing Public Radio Podcast

Tom in the DBZ Game

(1/4) > >>

Tadanori Oyama:
Well, having finished the latest episode I feel we need to have a serious discussion about Tom's choices regarding the Dragonball Z game.

So, my concern is this: What was a Namekian doing as part of Freza's gang during a period when only three Nameks are supposed to have survived the storms on their homeworld 100 years ago? At the time, Guru would have been on Namek with all of his children getting slaughtered by Freiza himself, Lord Slug was who knows where, and Kami/Piccollo was dead.

Justify yourself sir!

And as a minor aside, did you know if you search for "namekian" using google, that this is the first image it lists? I haven't found the connection yet.

Oh right, and that anal raping to death thing seemed a little over the top. Just game dude. Of course I have to say, bonus points for really slipping a knife into that GM's ribs like that.

dragonshaos:

--- Quote from: Tadanori Oyama on March 23, 2009, 05:11:17 PM ---
And as a minor aside, did you know if you search for "namekian" using google, that this is the first image it lists? I haven't found the connection yet.

--- End quote ---

I searched and the person who has the pic posted has this=

Power of Women:
Goku has fought evil armies, an evil immortal demon, demonic would-be-world-conquerors, Saiyans, a Legendary Super Saiyan, intergalactic warlords and their brothers, an evil Namekian, genetically engineered super-soldiers, a galaxy-destroying demon, and a 1000 year old monster. But pound-for-pound, Chichi is the person Goku is most afraid of.
The freakishly scary power of a woman.

And i think that's the link between them.  I got bored...

bigznak:

--- Quote from: Tadanori Oyama on March 23, 2009, 05:11:17 PM ---Well, having finished the latest episode I feel we need to have a serious discussion about Tom's choices regarding the Dragonball Z game.

Oh right, and that anal raping to death thing seemed a little over the top. Just game dude. Of course I have to say, bonus points for really slipping a knife into that GM's ribs like that.

--- End quote ---

I have to agree the anal raping was a little too far.  I like your conviction to hating a game session.  I had to pause my Ipod after hearing that today and rewind.  It was funny.  A little crazy, but gave me a laugh.

Maze:
All I have to say is this:

It was warranted. You did well, Tim.

Tom Church:
Firstly, it's Tom. (not that it really matters.  Call me Thargor the Planet Crusher if you so choose)

Secondly, you have no idea just how frustrating it had become.  (Well, maybe most of you do) 

It was rapidly becoming apparent that the only reason the players were in the game is so the GM could have people to prove just how awesome his playing of Goku was, and how obvious it was that he was so much more invincible than we mere peons.  I held it in for four sessions before it became intolerable.

Maybe it was over the top.  It certainly ended the game right then and there.  However, after the session ended, the other players thanked me for a glorious end to a completely ejaculate-swallowing game.  That is the criteria I use for determining that it was the right call.

As for me playing a Namekian?  We can believe that there are hordes of bush league demigods running around with enough power to pop an entire planet like a ripe zit by farting, and yet having a Namekian in Frieza's gang was wrong?

Which once again proves my theory that Dragonball Z is a bad, bad, really damned bad show to run an RPG off of. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version