Author Topic: Tom in the DBZ Game  (Read 35479 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Tom in the DBZ Game
« on: March 23, 2009, 05:11:17 PM »
Well, having finished the latest episode I feel we need to have a serious discussion about Tom's choices regarding the Dragonball Z game.

So, my concern is this: What was a Namekian doing as part of Freza's gang during a period when only three Nameks are supposed to have survived the storms on their homeworld 100 years ago? At the time, Guru would have been on Namek with all of his children getting slaughtered by Freiza himself, Lord Slug was who knows where, and Kami/Piccollo was dead.

Justify yourself sir!

And as a minor aside, did you know if you search for "namekian" using google, that this is the first image it lists? I haven't found the connection yet.

Oh right, and that anal raping to death thing seemed a little over the top. Just game dude. Of course I have to say, bonus points for really slipping a knife into that GM's ribs like that.

dragonshaos

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Amateur DM
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Tom in the DBZ Game
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 05:44:43 PM »

And as a minor aside, did you know if you search for "namekian" using google, that this is the first image it lists? I haven't found the connection yet.

I searched and the person who has the pic posted has this=

Power of Women:
Goku has fought evil armies, an evil immortal demon, demonic would-be-world-conquerors, Saiyans, a Legendary Super Saiyan, intergalactic warlords and their brothers, an evil Namekian, genetically engineered super-soldiers, a galaxy-destroying demon, and a 1000 year old monster. But pound-for-pound, Chichi is the person Goku is most afraid of.
The freakishly scary power of a woman.

And i think that's the link between them.  I got bored...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

bigznak

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 07:51:30 PM »
Well, having finished the latest episode I feel we need to have a serious discussion about Tom's choices regarding the Dragonball Z game.

Oh right, and that anal raping to death thing seemed a little over the top. Just game dude. Of course I have to say, bonus points for really slipping a knife into that GM's ribs like that.

I have to agree the anal raping was a little too far.  I like your conviction to hating a game session.  I had to pause my Ipod after hearing that today and rewind.  It was funny.  A little crazy, but gave me a laugh.

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 08:26:23 PM »
All I have to say is this:

It was warranted. You did well, Tim.

Tom Church

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 09:18:10 PM »
Firstly, it's Tom. (not that it really matters.  Call me Thargor the Planet Crusher if you so choose)

Secondly, you have no idea just how frustrating it had become.  (Well, maybe most of you do) 

It was rapidly becoming apparent that the only reason the players were in the game is so the GM could have people to prove just how awesome his playing of Goku was, and how obvious it was that he was so much more invincible than we mere peons.  I held it in for four sessions before it became intolerable.

Maybe it was over the top.  It certainly ended the game right then and there.  However, after the session ended, the other players thanked me for a glorious end to a completely ejaculate-swallowing game.  That is the criteria I use for determining that it was the right call.

As for me playing a Namekian?  We can believe that there are hordes of bush league demigods running around with enough power to pop an entire planet like a ripe zit by farting, and yet having a Namekian in Frieza's gang was wrong?

Which once again proves my theory that Dragonball Z is a bad, bad, really damned bad show to run an RPG off of. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 09:22:10 PM by Tom Church »
"The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class pays all of the taxes and does all of the work.  The poor are there just to scare the shit out of the middle class.  Keep them showing up at those 'jobs'."  George Carlin

Maze

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 10:01:10 PM »
He had it coming to say the least.

A good GM knows his players don't give a fuck about the story and his NPCs, at least until they have control over that story and make it their own. And even then, if a NPC badmouths one of the player, no matter how good a friend he was in the past, they'll cut his head off in front of his children and throw it at his wife without a second thought.

Suicide, rape, brutal murder, arsony, shitting in someone's mouth are all good ways to show your GM your dissatisfaction with his game when his head is too far up his ass to know that he's boring everyone to death with his Marie-Sue cyborg ninja.

And I know your name, I always have.  :(

Tom Church

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 11:06:19 PM »
I know you knew my name.

Hugs all around.  :D
"The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class pays all of the taxes and does all of the work.  The poor are there just to scare the shit out of the middle class.  Keep them showing up at those 'jobs'."  George Carlin

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 12:13:41 AM »
I think it's great that we got Tom to post. Now we know what it takes.

So how does this incident compare to other atrocities the incarnations of Castor Troy have committed?

Mason

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • he who laughs last, didn't get it.
    • View Profile
    • my myspace page
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 08:12:23 PM »
GOD DAMN IT THARGOR THE PLANET CRUSHER!!! Why anal rape?!

I could of seen you systematically killing off all those close to goku till he goes nutts and becomes a bad guy(Joker Style) but anal rape with a gun ....really..... Im mean really...That blows Cody's bee rape thing out of the water.
"a Kenyan man once told me you can get use to anything when money is involved... he use to stick mice up his ass for twenty dollars a pop." -Spider Jerusalem

Tom Church

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 12:18:35 AM »
That was the point.

Boldly state that the game and my involvement in it was over.

As for other adventures with Castor Troy...

The one I most remember was a Palladium Nightbane game.  I was playing Troy as a natural psychic weapon master.  The event that stands out is a group of Hounds were chasing a group of Nightbane who I had stumbled across.  I dove into the nearest building to escape, which happened to be a retirement village.  An old couple started yelling at me to get the fuck out.

So, I shot them both.

If that wasn't Castor Troy, I don't know what is.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 09:45:30 AM »
I'm sorry Tom, but all suspension of disbelief is totally fucking shot to hell by the idea of you playing a FUCKING NAMEKIAN!

Seriously, what the holy fuck are you thinking?!

------------------------------------------------------------

I love gamer logic because it can range from not wanting to suspend disbelief for something so very small to wanting to justify something incredibly ridiculous and over-the-top.

For instance, in Mutants and Masterminds, I had a player who had the power of magnetism and he tried to tell me that he could use his magnetism to put out fires because of hydrogen bonds or something really fucking ridiculous. Then, when Sam wanted to blow out a circuit in a building with her electricity powers, they argued that it wasn't within her abilities.

In the end, arguments like this are comparable to when 8 year old play pretend and one says "I shot you!" And the other says "No you didn't! I have a force field and I shot you!" The first replies "your own forcefield blocked your shot and you shot yourself!"

To conclude, I say to you Thargor the Planet Crusher, if you want to be a Namekian who anal rapes people to death, go for it. Dragonball Z sucks ass anyway and at least it makes more sense then the whole Majin Buu saga.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 11:09:47 AM »
Or the cop won't give me his gun so he's hording the weapons? I love that guy's thought process.

Maze

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 11:20:23 AM »
Aw man, I don't know if I mentioned it but fuck, they actually went into a fight, it was insane. After the argument about the cop being a power-player which I managed to stop. The player went to a convenience store, threw his knife in the face of the clerk and then chop his head off. He picked up the clerk's shotgun and was like "I'm-a gonna go kill the cop" with a total psychotic look in his eyes. The cop was like: "Fuck this and fuck you. You always ruin games." and they got up, went in the hallway and started arguing like insane, almost coming to a fist fight.

Basically, in time game: 30 minutes went by. It took 4 hours, most it wasted to retardation. Fuck this guy, seriously.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 12:09:26 PM »
Wait, that was you? Your that Canadian guy? I thought I knew you, man.

Wow. I've wasted time but four hours is something I haven't managed yet.

Longest I've had was when the players got control of a small boat. One of my players, who apparently knew stuff about sailing in RL, wanted to know everything about the ship but mostly wanted maps. This thing was basically a big fishing boat, I didn't think it'd need maps or navigation tools. Apparently I was wrong. It was probably about an hour long arguement but at least the game kept more or less moving because the other players took it upon themselves to keep playing the game.

Maze

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 03:21:35 PM »
Well, make that French-Canadian from Montreal (woo, hot chicks, woo!). He once called me Alex Green, but my name is Alex Romero.

Gamer logic is quite the affliction, I remember thinking it would make a great distraction to cut open some eladrin bitch, leave a trail of entrails all over the stairs by bringing her body to the top floor and set that room on fire. My character was pretty crazy.