Author Topic: Anecdote Megathread  (Read 346830 times)

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: Anecdote Megathread
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2010, 10:06:57 PM »
we has got an anecdote thread homie.

Merged this. --- Patrick
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 10:15:40 PM by Setherick »

doctorscraps

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2010, 10:44:13 PM »

Merged this. --- Patrick

Thanks. Couldn't find the omnibus thead.
When the GM can't roll higher than a ten on the D20, he see's his plot points flash before his eyes.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2010, 10:56:56 PM »

Merged this. --- Patrick

It's stickied. Also, check out this thread.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

malyss

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2010, 01:54:33 PM »
DoctorScraps - Nice plot! That sounds like an awesome game. Good for you to keep it going and adapt to make the game (and keep the game) fun for all.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2010, 03:08:24 PM »

Merged this. --- Patrick

It's stickied. Also, check out this thread.

Don't check it out. I don't think patrick has gots the balls to internet harm any of us.

I dare you.

Addled GM

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2010, 09:19:31 PM »
Here's a story that's pretty awful yet still not as bad as the pencil in the eye.

This involves a group of PCs in a second edition D&D game.  The game had gone on for many sessions and the players had leveled up quite a bit.  One player and another were always fighting over everything and everything was coming to a head in game. The first player was a fighter of sufficient level to gain a keep and the other was playing a female wizard. 

After a fight the fighter PC said "I attack her, but im only doing nonlethal damage." 

We all thought that this would be the end of their fueding and since he wasn't going to kill the other PC it went on.  Attack, spell, attack, until the fighter finally downed the wizard.

The fighter,  "I'm taking her to my keep."
The puzzled GM, "Ok."
The other players didn't really care, so it goes.
The fighter, " I drug her and rape her periodically until I get a child."

The wizard PC decided it was a good time to hand in his charater sheet.  I have never seen another act quite that evil at a table since.  All the players still open that wound up whenever the guy tries playing in a game.

doctorscraps

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2010, 09:43:18 PM »
Here's a story that's pretty awful yet still not as bad as the pencil in the eye.

This involves a group of PCs in a second edition D&D game.  The game had gone on for many sessions and the players had leveled up quite a bit.  One player and another were always fighting over everything and everything was coming to a head in game. The first player was a fighter of sufficient level to gain a keep and the other was playing a female wizard. 

After a fight the fighter PC said "I attack her, but im only doing nonlethal damage." 

We all thought that this would be the end of their fueding and since he wasn't going to kill the other PC it went on.  Attack, spell, attack, until the fighter finally downed the wizard.

The fighter,  "I'm taking her to my keep."
The puzzled GM, "Ok."
The other players didn't really care, so it goes.
The fighter, " I drug her and rape her periodically until I get a child."

The wizard PC decided it was a good time to hand in his charater sheet.  I have never seen another act quite that evil at a table since.  All the players still open that wound up whenever the guy tries playing in a game.

Wow what a douche.
When the GM can't roll higher than a ten on the D20, he see's his plot points flash before his eyes.

malyss

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2010, 11:30:48 PM »
Ummm... rape. Not really a coll topic at any point.

Ryo

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2010, 12:14:57 AM »
I thought wizards with a decent number of levels were top dog even in 2ed? Why not just charm the fighter?

Atlas

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2010, 12:39:13 AM »
I once had a fourth edition game where the PCs were refugees fleeing from a conquered country, and a small village was willing to take them in if the players killed a group of encroaching goblins. So a young woman opened up her house for the players to stay in, the PCs were a good cleric, and an unaligned wizard.

When the host brought the players food, the cleric decided it was a good idea to rape the young woman, while the wizard sat in the corner reading.

I was taken completely off guard , and only forced an alignment change, needless to say his actions also perverted how my players and I felt about playing this game, and it died soon afterwards.

We kicked the rapist out of our group a week later, and he has returned to play World's Largest Dungeon, after a year of exile.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2010, 11:22:27 PM »
Back in 2006, I made a fan video about D&D for a WOTC contest. It did not win but I did put it on youtube. It's gotten a lot of views but the comments are what really makes it special. Some are good, most are bad and a few are terrifying

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

i burn the tavern! BURN TAVERN, BURN! MWAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAAAAAA­AAAAAH!!!!!!!!! I WILL CONTROL ALL YOUr LIVES WITH FFIIIIRRREEE!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHHHH! PYRO'S SHALL BURN EVERY TAVERN IN THE-.....im..im sorry... im calming down now.

im a murderous bastard in the game but im so creative wtih how i kill people im a theif/fighter and its so fun the art of killing i stuck a chef through the bottom of his chin and stuck it throug the roof of his mouth into his brain and the pressure causes blood to pool around the hilt and then i take outfit and loot body and go around killing people because i have hide in shadows and i tied somon with a hang noose backwards in a barn gutted like a deer while i raped their dead body chaotic Evil

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2010, 12:02:33 AM »
hitler was right for killing all  the jew fags

-Dude, ur s0 racist

-I hate black people and nerds

-D&D is pretty cool

-Dorks who play D&D is losers! lolz

-Dorks who play D&D is losers! lolz

-Double post my bad

-Fuck this guy, D&D is cool and he's a faggot.

Comment Marked as Spam:
-It's games like these that are really creating a godless america, I think that one day my grandkids will all be rolling dice and worshipping satan!

-Shutup cunt whore!

-@cunt whore:
ur a bitch, faggot.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2010, 03:01:49 AM »
Almost killed all the players in my game tonight, with "one" monster.  It was a variation on the Ooze/Jellies, and I think it was a level or two too high.  Dropped everyone at some point and in the end killed a player and left three dying.  I basically had it keep splitting, and split it a few too many times.

It was amusing, check out the Community Actual Play in a few days if I get it up...

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2010, 10:00:57 AM »
Your players continued to fuck with it after they realized it was an ooze? You should have TPK'd them if they didn't try to kill it creatively.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2010, 01:27:46 PM »
Your players continued to fuck with it after they realized it was an ooze? You should have TPK'd them if they didn't try to kill it creatively.

I'm with Patrick here. Oozes need to be fun and nasty.

I had a cult sneaking oozes into a city in vingear barrells for use in their rebellion. PCs took over the wagon the cultist where using (they didn't know about the plan, they just stole the wagon because they needed it). One of them assumed the barrells would be filled with wine, cracked it open, and got attacked by the ooze while the wagon was in motion. Cue a fantasy high speed fight scene in which they light the wagon on fire while still riding on it and crash it into the city gates, which are promptly knocked part way open, the rest of the barrells break open and a dozen vinegar socked oozes (which almost instantly catch on fire) go flowing into the city in an insane frenzy.

The PCs, having jumped off the wagon, get to see this from a distance, and decide to run around the outside of the city and climb over the wall since the city guard will be "distracted".