Author Topic: Prescriptions/Advice for curing Aaronisis  (Read 27019 times)

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: Prescriptions/Advice for curing Aaronisis
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2010, 09:20:36 PM »
I just kept imagining Ross as near feral while Aaron consorts with murderers and gives them his real name and what not. You know, I imagine that if Aaron where to meet the Great Cthulhu himself he would hug the tentacled monstrosity and promise it no harm.  

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 09:22:15 PM by Kroack »

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2010, 11:01:14 PM »
Na he clearly has no problems shooting some thing if its scary, he shot at the sewer monster, and he shot the guy with the body just fine. granted he missed but still shot.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2010, 02:04:10 PM »
Na he clearly has no problems shooting some thing if its scary, he shot at the sewer monster, and he shot the guy with the body just fine. granted he missed but still shot.

But deep down inside, he didn't want to shoot him.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 03:22:53 PM »
Deep down inside us all we would love all girls to have giant boobs, but that dont change the fact we all like boobs no matter the size.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2010, 09:23:57 AM »
Deep down inside us all we would love all girls to have giant boobs, but that dont change the fact we all like boobs no matter the size.

???

IDaMan008

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2010, 01:53:48 AM »
After listening to the B-12 Actual Play--and again, kudos to Tom for cooking up a great CoC story--I've gotta say, I think that Aaron's problem has been misdiagnosed. He's not a boy scout; he obviously has no problems with his character lying to the police and other officials in order to accomplish the mission, and he had no trouble calling off the neighborhood development project when the ghouls paid him a little visit in the night. He's simply a bit too naive to think of the consequences of his actions. And what better forum to gain valuable experience in this area than in the virtually consequence-free environment of roleplaying? Once again, in terms of GMing, Aaronisis is only a problem insofar as it interferes with a storyline, which is to say, only as long as a GM allows it to arrest the flow of a game's progression. I think Tom could have made wonderful things happen if he'd decided to depict the potentially lethal consequences of giving a serial killer your business card if Ross hadn't pushed things forward after the mugging scene in the alleyway.

I know I sure as fuck wouldn't want Grady knowing where my CoC character lived.

So I guess my revised prescription for Aaronisis is to let the afflicted experience the consequences of his or her actions. Eventually, they'll get the point and adjust their playing style to avoid being eviscerated by the nice, friendly mass-murderers they try to help out.

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
Diagnosis?
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 07:11:22 PM »
Quote from: Tadanori Oyama
As the topic says, this is for treatment of players who ALWAYS climb into the light blue section of the BioWare morality system.

I have a confession to make.

This is me.

Example:  While listening to the Delta Green - Night Mall playtest, I realized what was happening with the suicide booth while Cody's character (Carter, was it?) watched the mother load her daughter into it.  If that had been me, I would have SPRINTED up and stopped her.  If I'd been the GM, I'm not sure I could've narrated that scene.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2010, 07:37:59 PM »
There, I think, is where we differ. If I'd been Cody's shoes for that one then after I'd seen it happen and discovered what was going on I'd have probably tried to chase down the mom and shoot her.

Well, not shot her maybe but at least arrest her, or whatever varitation on arresting people a mall cop can do, and drag her back to the security room for "debriefing".