Author Topic: RPPR Community AP Podcast site  (Read 691436 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: RPPR Community AP Podcast site
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2010, 02:48:49 AM »
BEHOLD YOU ARE NOW AN AUTHOR

ristarr

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2010, 03:04:06 AM »
Thanks Ross, that worked great.  No problem creating the post.  The one hint I would have for people is that the location of the media file is http://community.roleplayingpublicradio.com/your_filename.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2010, 11:12:01 AM »
It's beautiful! The post I mean, I haven't listened to the AP yet. It's alive! Well done, Ristarr.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2010, 04:32:49 PM »
Posted my first game.  I'll probably write up drafts for my other games today or tomorrow, but only post them once a week.

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2010, 03:22:35 PM »
Something I thought I would share if you (like myself) have multiple sessions recorded and would like to do the write up and not worry about releasing.  On the publishing dealio on the right, click on the scheduling menu to schedule the publishing for a later date.  After finishing up, you can hit Schedule on the bottom (as opposed to the normal Publish), and it will sit completed until the scheduled time before publishing.  I don't know if people were already aware of this, but hey, if not now they are.

This came up as I remembered this as I was writing up the post for the next session of my game.  Hopefully I'll get something up about weekly on Sundays.  Unless of course I get lots of angry comments about how much people hate them...

beowuuf

• View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2010, 03:37:36 PM »

Was a little distracted listening to the first released game, will need to listen to it again. Is there a way to download the mp3s on the site, there doens't seem to be a direct link and the original ftp space seems empty now

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2010, 03:43:39 PM »

Was a little distracted listening to the first released game, will need to listen to it again. Is there a way to download the mp3s on the site, there doens't seem to be a direct link and the original ftp space seems empty now

If you don't mind, you can subscribe to the blog feed and it will download the mp3s.  I know this works with iTunes and I'm pretty sure it works with Zune software, don't know about other programs though.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2010, 04:27:57 PM »
there are download links - look for where it says download

beowuuf

• View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2010, 04:33:14 PM »

Well that's just embarrassing, I would swear yesterday the player didn't have the usual text links underneath!  :-[

ristarr

• View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2010, 09:44:18 PM »
I just uploaded a new episode to the ftp site.  It is only about 90 minutes since I did not correctly turn on the recorder for the first part.   It is the last encounter and will be where they pick up the adventure next week.

The filename is RPPR-CP-4E-DnD-Storm-Of-War-Game02.mp3

IDaMan008

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2010, 01:51:25 AM »
I'd very much like to get involved with the Community AP site. I've signed up for the WordPress site, and I should have something recorded to upload in the next week or two. In the meantime, is there anything I can do to help out? Listen to other people's APs, maybe? Or something else? Lemme know!

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2010, 02:13:18 AM »
I'd very much like to get involved with the Community AP site. I've signed up for the WordPress site, and I should have something recorded to upload in the next week or two. In the meantime, is there anything I can do to help out? Listen to other people's APs, maybe? Or something else? Lemme know!

Yeah, Ross, were you originally going to have some type of admin role listening and approving?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2010, 09:57:29 AM »
listen to any APs on the ftp and post here if they are okay. I'll handle moving the files to the community directory myself since that requires full admin access to everything on slangdesign.com.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2010, 11:16:37 PM »
I listened to and okay RPPR-CP-4E-DnD-Storm-Of-War-Game02.mp3

IDaMan008

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2010, 01:54:14 AM »
listen to any APs on the ftp and post here if they are okay. I'll handle moving the files to the community directory myself since that requires full admin access to everything on slangdesign.com.

Will do. I downloaded the FireFTP add-on as per Patrick's suggestion, and it works beautifully. I managed to log onto the server and download the file that Kroack signed off on, so it shouldn't be too much trouble to upload something once I have it in the proper format. I guess for now, I'll just listen to the Storm of War game and give my OK on it, if only so that I can feel productive. :-/

I recorded a session of an original CoC scenario tonight using my girlfriend's laptop and Audacity. The recording turned out beautifully, but the game didn't go as well as I had hoped. Maybe it was because my players are all new to CoC investigative / mystery games, and maybe it's because I'm new to running them, but they forced an endgame two hours into what I had planned as a five or six hour-long game, and all but one ended up getting killed. I'll probably upload it to the server as soon as I can convert it into an MP3 from whatever format Audacity uses. My players had enough fun with it that they wanted to play again, so I'm going to make some adjustments to the scenario and give them another crack at it next week. I'm also going to have to go back and listen to Episode 41 again between now and then. I get the feeling that there are quite a few things that Tom and Ross discussed that I missed.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 01:58:07 AM by IDaMan008 »