Author Topic: RPPR Community AP Podcast site  (Read 700974 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: RPPR Community AP Podcast site
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2010, 02:29:48 PM »
You can cancel out some of the sudden loud noises by using Levelator to put everything at about the same levels. If that's too loud just cut the dB like above.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2010, 04:15:39 PM »
Files moved over.

IDaMan008

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2010, 03:20:46 PM »
Files moved over.

Sweet. Can anybody give me a hint as to how the process works from here? I've got a little blurb about my game written up, but I don't seem to have permission to create posts on the WordPress site.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2010, 03:44:50 PM »
you are now an author

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2010, 04:05:16 PM »
Files moved over.

Sweet. Can anybody give me a hint as to how the process works from here? I've got a little blurb about my game written up, but I don't seem to have permission to create posts on the WordPress site.

Don't know how others feel about this, but I like to keep the page posts pretty short, with the greater detail after the "jump" per se.  Cuts down on how much people have to look at on the main site...

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2010, 04:32:52 PM »
also I haven't switched from the generic template because Wordpress MU works differently than normal wordpress so I think I have to find a wordpress MU specific template. The only ones I've found so far are from premium wordpress template sites which charge soooo

ristarr

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2010, 08:48:36 PM »
Files moved over.

Don't know how others feel about this, but I like to keep the page posts pretty short, with the greater detail after the "jump" per se.  Cuts down on how much people have to look at on the main site...

I agree with you.  How did you keep it so short?  It continues on the full page.

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2010, 08:58:27 PM »
Files moved over.

I agree with you.  How did you keep it so short?  It continues on the full page.

Well, technique-wise it's pretty obvious, just show the summary of the session.  To put in the break, there is a button on the toolbar, 4th from right on the visual layout, third from right on html.  Basically it says more, or something like that.  Just put it in on a separate line and it puts everything above on the front and everything else on the full when you click on it...

ristarr

• View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2010, 08:59:24 PM »
Files moved over.

Nevermind, I figured it out.  It is the "more" tag in the post editor.  My posts are now fixed and the pages are shorter.

IDaMan008

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2010, 10:54:10 PM »
you are now an author

Thanks, Ross, for making me an author, and for being an awesome guy who not only hosts a fantastic roleplaying podcast, but for creating a forum for others to share their Actual Plays.

Also, thanks to ristarr and Mckma for their suggestions on posting. They were a big help, especially since I've never used WordPress before. I'll check back here and at the FTP drop to see if there's anything I can listen to. If I can do anything else for anybody, just drop me a PM here.

My friends, some of whom you can hear on the Ars Serpentis recording, have expressed an interest in having their games recorded and posted on the site, so I'll probably be able to come up with a few more files to post in the near future.

Thanks again, everyone!

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2010, 12:27:17 AM »
I'm pretty excited, I think I'm going to run the first Call of Cthulhu session that I have actually written, probably next week.  If I do, I'll be recording it, so I would really appreciate any input I could get when I post it.  It's actually based on a scenario that one of my friends came up with focused around music...

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2010, 02:27:20 AM »
Don't play copyrighted music you don't have permission to use during the game. Get public domain music, ask the musicians or use podsafe music.

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2010, 02:52:11 AM »
Don't play copyrighted music you don't have permission to use during the game. Get public domain music, ask the musicians or use podsafe music.

Oh, no, the story is focused around classical music.  Basically my friend saw that a lot of important historical composers died horrible deaths and the scenario works from there.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2010, 01:11:07 PM »
You can use creative commons music, so long as you acknowledge the artist in a way that says they didn't give you permission.

There is some good stuff out there but you will have to hunt for it.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

ristarr

• View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2010, 08:32:43 PM »
I just uploaded part 1 of the last Sellswords of Punjar session to the ftp site.  It was 5 1/2 hours so I split it into 2 parts.  I will upload the other part probably tomorrow.