Author Topic: RPPR Community AP Podcast site  (Read 691470 times)

IDaMan008

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
Re: RPPR Community AP Podcast site
« Reply #255 on: August 20, 2010, 12:08:54 AM »
I have uploaded "The_Faculty_Party.mp3".

So, after it's loaded, then I go to the site and create a post for it? Or do I need to do it now?

Once you've uploaded your file, you have to wait for Ross to move it over to the right directory on the slangdesign site. (Ross is on vacation, though, so unless Mckma or Setherick can do it for you in his absence, you'll have to wait for him to get back.) Then you can go in and create a post for it. It may be a bit confusing your first time, but you basically just paste the file name in the text box where it says Media URL under Podcast Episode and click the button that says "VERIFY." I believe there are helpful screencaps of the process a page or two back.

Correction: Four pages back. (P. 14)

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 20, 2010, 12:11:57 AM »
I have uploaded "The_Faculty_Party.mp3".

So, after it's loaded, then I go to the site and create a post for it? Or do I need to do it now?

Once you've uploaded your file, you have to wait for Ross to move it over to the right directory on the slangdesign site. (Ross is on vacation, though, so unless Mckma or Setherick can do it for you in his absence, you'll have to wait for him to get back.) Then you can go in and create a post for it. It may be a bit confusing your first time, but you basically just paste the file name in the text box where it says Media URL under Podcast Episode and click the button that says "VERIFY." I believe there are helpful screencaps of the process a page or two back.

Correction: Four pages back. (P. 14)

Thanks man. I can't wait to share my game with everyone.
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 20, 2010, 12:22:51 AM »
Yeah, as far as I know Ross is the only one with server access to move it to the proper server...

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 20, 2010, 12:33:19 AM »
Yeah, as far as I know Ross is the only one with server access to move it to the proper server...

Cool.
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #259 on: August 22, 2010, 01:08:57 AM »
files are moved

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 22, 2010, 03:28:53 PM »
Thanks Ross!  ;D

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #261 on: August 23, 2010, 12:01:47 AM »
Thanks Ross!  ;D

Holy crap, Jon found the time to play a game in RL? Sweet.

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 23, 2010, 08:36:19 AM »
Thanks Ross!  ;D

Holy crap, Jon found the time to play a game in RL? Sweet.

It's a shocker, I know. :D

IDaMan008

• Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #263 on: September 01, 2010, 02:41:16 AM »
Anybody else notice that we're getting inundated with spam comments? I think I trashed four of them in the last two days.

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 01, 2010, 10:45:12 AM »
Anybody else notice that we're getting inundated with spam comments? I think I trashed four of them in the last two days.

There are a lot, I try to take care of them every few days or so.  The settings do a good job though as people can post additional comments once they are approved once so there's only a delay on the first one...

EDIT:  Wow, there were more than I thought, and most of them aren't even trying anymore...

This one was somewhat amusing though:
"Why have you deleted my post? It was very beneficial information and i guarantee atleast 1 person found it helpful unlike the rest of the comments on this web site. I’ll post it again. Sick and tired of getting low numbers of useless traffic to your website? Well i want to inform you of a new underground tactic that makes me personally $900 daily on 100% AUTOPILOT. I really could be here all day and going into detail but why dont you simply check their website out? There is a great video that explains everything. So if your seriously interested in making quick money this is the website for you. Auto Traffic Avalanche."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:53:10 AM by Mckma »

beowuuf

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #265 on: September 01, 2010, 01:16:22 PM »

That's pretty funny. I've also seen spambots answering spambots, which is all kinds of chilling....

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 01, 2010, 05:25:08 PM »

That's pretty funny. I've also seen spambots answering spambots, which is all kinds of chilling....

AI spambots...

Or people pretending to be spambots...

Either way...

Why?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #267 on: September 01, 2010, 06:00:25 PM »
This is why skynet is never going live: programs feeding on one another. The machines are cannibals.

beowuuf

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #268 on: September 01, 2010, 06:08:27 PM »

Spambots are getting pretty sofisticated, and can spot a topic and dump a wiki entry on that topic with the link in a sig. Doens't happen often, but it's pretty weird. I'm sure random luck might make it questionable if it's a bot at all.

Given that, sometimes one then answers another. It was on an abandoned forum that obviously got hit by the same type of bot, but was very weird...

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 01, 2010, 08:25:54 PM »
Okay, I am going to finish up and put together a more comprehensive tutorial on recording, encoding, tagging, and posting (and any other random little bits).  I've been meaning to do so, but get distracted and forget.  A few questions I have:

1. (Most interested in this) What media players do y'all use on your computers/do you know most of your acquaintances use?  I want to be able to show how to tag in most of the major media players, but I'm not sure what people use.  At the moment I plan on iTunes, Windows Media Player, and Zune, but I'm sure there are others that people use.

2.  Is there anything you don't know how to do/think would be especially funky?  I'm going to look for the best free/cheap ways to record Skype games and will put up that, but I don't know if there was anything else people were interested in...