Author Topic: Short Story Suggestions  (Read 3835 times)

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
Short Story Suggestions
« on: February 03, 2010, 01:18:45 AM »
My friends and I are working on a small project compiling comedic short stories that we write.  I was thinking and decided to write something based more or less on Monsters and Other Childish Things (going for more of a dark humor), and have children with monster friends.  I am planning on focusing on three children and an adventure they have, but wasn't really sure of much of a plot at the moment.  Due to the timing and whatnot, I've decided I am just going to get somewhat of an idea of where I'm going and then just write until I'm done and then go back and edit, so I was turning to you for some ideas of a general adventure plot idea.  Here are some things I want to do (to cover some inside jokes and whatnot):

Three main children, and their monsters, essentially an Innsmouth resident with a few additional powers, a bear dressed like a hobo carrying an empty shotgun, and the final monster is kind of a conglomoration as it is the ghost of whatever dead person the character thinks of (or maybe a few ghosts) at that time.

I'm thinking about doing something in a mall where they get away from their parents/guardians, but don't really know what that would entail.

It is kind of important that there are a decent number of people around though (i.e. not in the wilderness somewhere).

Other than that, not so sure where I want to go, so if you have any thoughts on general plot ideas, I would appreciate them.  Thanks.