Author Topic: Game Fodder / Story Fodder  (Read 738412 times)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
Re: Game Fodder / Story Fodder
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2010, 12:17:34 AM »
Where did you get a list that long?

Probably on the SA forums or another wiki entry. I think I saw a wiki entry floating around with that list awhile back. Who knows. All I know is Ross ruins everything.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2010, 07:08:50 PM »
Ross was contacted by beings know as the Wikipedians. Dwelling in the Warpwiki these beasts traverse time and space cataloging facts and information that can be easily edited by mere mortals. 

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2010, 07:59:04 PM »
Feral Cities and cities under siege
http://bldgblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/cities-under-siege.html

This is the future of war - make your next war campaign with this info in mind

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2010, 01:16:02 PM »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2010, 09:53:12 PM »
http://www.laobserved.com/visiting/2010/04/daryl_gates_secret_legacy.php

Obvious use in a Delta Green game: A hotbed for DG friendlies and intel. Hell, the PDID could even serve as a DG cell or anti-mythos agency ignorant of DG or MJ-12. Alternatively, Gates might have been clued in to the mythos which led to his paranoia and need for obsessive control. A 1980s DG based game could face unusual complications: Gates only cooperates with DG if they scratch his back - ruin a reporter's career or assassinate a target and stage it as a robbery. Otherwise, Gates turns the full force of the LAPD against the cell.

On Page 231, Gates recounts how he knew every time Lew Wasserman, the head of MCA, the big movie and record company, got on an airplane to Las Vegas. He says when he told Wasserman about this the mogul was astonished and wanted to know why. Because, Gates explained, you're important.

Gates even got one officer I interviewed, whose undercover work continued well into the 1970s, to Moscow and Havana. But by the time I got that story Gates had so intimidated someone high up at the L.A. Times or its parent company (or its owners) that the L.A. Times was too cowed to let me tell it.

I reported this in the Los Angeles Times in a story that told how the May Day 1982 violence between Revolutionary Communist Party marchers and the LAPD began when an undercover officer posing as one of the communists gave a signal for people to run. That gave the police a pretext to attack. No one would have known this except that the officer was inadvertently captured on videotape.

At a meeting in South Central that has been used by TV and many screenwriters, a gathering of blacks upset about LAPD violence erupted into demands from one person after another in the audience to attack LAPD officers and division buildings. The leaders at the actual meetings told these people to shut up. Year later court documents showed that the calls for violence all came from undercover LAPD officers, one of whom stole hundreds of dollars from the organization he infiltrated and served as treasurer.

My piece on how LAPD instigated the May Day riot was virtually the last story I wrote before the paper shut me down and moved on to a new narrative - that the political spying bad guy was a single sergeant who lived in a trailer, rather than the carefully directed work of Chief Gates.

This narrative got big play in the paper, but there was no explanation of why all these secret files were created, who was identified in them and why they ended up in the hands of a secretive group associated with an Army general. The general, who once commanded American forces in South Korea, saw communists and conspiracies everywhere, a view Gates shared.

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2010, 01:24:19 PM »

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2010, 12:20:34 AM »
Weeping Angels from Doctor Who episode Blink...

Creepy, I know I'll never look at statues the same.  Will definitely work a game around this (thinking Dread might be cool)...

ThnJonWasAZmbie

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Where bears can fly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2010, 11:31:47 AM »
Weeping Angels from Doctor Who episode Blink...

Creepy, I know I'll never look at statues the same.  Will definitely work a game around this (thinking Dread might be cool)...

Dude, I fucking hate those things.
Jumping off diving boards gives you the ability to make your rpg ring with authenticity.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2010, 11:49:46 PM »
Wiki dedicated to Tarot: http://www.tarotpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page#Tarotpedia

One of these days, I'll see if Google Books has a list of crazy fortunetelling manuals from the 18C.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2010, 05:21:03 PM »
H.R. 2995: Weather Modification Research and Technology Transfer Authorization Act of 2005:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h109-2995&tab=summary

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2010, 07:05:02 PM »

robotkarateman

• Mulsk!
    • View Profile
    • AARG roleplaying system
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2010, 04:45:58 PM »
In only four days, a twin-engine aircraft equipped with an advanced version of lidar (light detection and ranging) flew back and forth over the jungle and collected data surpassing the results of two and a half decades of on-the-ground mapping, the archaeologists said.

Mapping Ancient Civilization, in a Matter of Days
GENERALA, my free dungeon-crawling RPG, is now available! And it's free!

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2010, 08:44:41 PM »
Soon robots will be doing all the science.

humans will just sit back and watch.

It's gonna be sweet

robotkarateman

• Mulsk!
    • View Profile
    • AARG roleplaying system
« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2010, 05:00:06 PM »
Dude, I just want a robot to roll my dice for me.

Roll my dice and make up adventures for me to run every week.

And maybe run them for me so I can just watch and play with the audio recorder. Actually, if it could record the game sessions for me too, that'd be sweet, that way I could focus on eating Pringles.
GENERALA, my free dungeon-crawling RPG, is now available! And it's free!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2010, 07:43:16 PM »