Author Topic: Game Fodder / Story Fodder  (Read 732439 times)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
Re: Game Fodder / Story Fodder
« Reply #270 on: October 01, 2010, 08:42:04 AM »
There is an interesting episode of ReGenesis that deals with Congenital Insensitivity to Pain that I recommend watching.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 21, 2010, 06:45:13 PM »
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 05, 2010, 08:12:22 AM »
More than a 1,000 people live in the tunnels below the Vegas Strip. I've known about this for years, but I don't think I posted an article about it yet. I saw this one today, it has great pictures: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1326187/Las-Vegas-tunnel-people-How-1-000-people-live-shimmering-strip.html

Dom

• View Profile

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 09, 2010, 08:24:06 PM »

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 09, 2010, 08:29:06 PM »
Also, giant structure (Azathoth) at the center of the galaxy: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/GLAST/news/new-structure.html

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 11, 2010, 01:42:03 PM »
In the modern game category. It starting to feel like the end of a Godfather movie in Montreal these days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rizzuto_crime_family

After consolidation of their power in the 1990s, the Rizzutos became over-exposed and over-extended. Vito Rizzuto was arrested in January 2004 for his involvement in the 1981 gangland killings of three rival Bonanno crime family captains (Alphonse Indelicato, Phillip Giaccone and Dominick Trinchera) and was sentenced to ten years in May 2007. In November 2006 the senior leadership of the criminal organization was hit by a police operation, dubbed Project Colisee. Among the 90 people arrested were Nick Rizzuto, father of Vito Rizzuto, Paolo Renda, Vito Rizzuto's brother-in-law, and Francesco Arcadi.

On December 28, 2009, Nick Rizzuto Jr., son of Vito Rizzuto, was shot and killed near his car in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, a borough in Montreal. The killing of Nick Jr. – the face of the organization on the street – illustrated the power vacuum within the upper ranks of Montreal organized crime.

Since the slaying of Vito Rizzuto's son, the organisation suffered other major setbacks. Paolo Renda, Vito's brother-in-law disappeared on May 20, 2010. A month later Agostino Cuntrera, the presumed acting boss who is believed to have taken control of the family, was killed together with his bodyguard on June 30, 2010. After three decades of relative stability, the face of the city's Mafia hierarchy is subject to a major management shuffle.

On November 10th, 2010, Nicolo Rizzuto, father of Vito Rizzuto, was killed at his residence in the Cartierville borough of Montreal.

Quite a bunch of italian stores have been molotoved in the past year too.

The_Last_76

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Mark Hamill has Arkham in his name.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 11, 2010, 05:39:55 PM »
How many of you are familiar with the tale of Ned Kelly?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_Kelly

A final violent confrontation with police took place at Glenrowan on 28 June 1880. Kelly, dressed in home-made plate metal armour and helmet, was captured and sent to jail.

Just keep in mind the armour worked. They only managed to capture him by shooting him in his unprotected legs.
"When you realise that humanity is a dead end, the only way out is to stop being human."

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 11, 2010, 06:38:44 PM »
Ned Kelly is one of my favorite bizarre cops and robber stories. Good post. :)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #281 on: November 14, 2010, 01:51:28 AM »

iceemaker

• Medium Aberrant Humanoid (Gamer)
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 24, 2010, 04:31:56 PM »
What the fuck I mean is this Burn Notice or something jegus cribmus

In short: Dude impersonates a very high-ranking Taliban leader during US/Taliban peace talks and makes off with a huge sum of money. Sounds like the perfect start to an international Dirty World campaign.
My avatar is Jade Harley from Homestuck. You really should be reading it.

AmishNinja

• View Profile
    • NaturalOne
« Reply #283 on: November 29, 2010, 04:59:27 PM »
3 teens survive after 50 days in the Pacific.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/11/25/teens-south-pacific025.html

"In a physical sense, they look very physically depleted, but mentally ... very high," Tai Fredricsen, first mate of the San Nikuna, told New Zealand Radio on Thursday.

Obviously some of the quote is cut out, but that bolded part seems vague and could be interpreted more than one way. Seems like a good tie-in for Dagon/Cthulhu based CoC scenario.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #284 on: November 30, 2010, 02:37:03 PM »