Author Topic: Game Fodder / Story Fodder  (Read 738339 times)

A Digital Native

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: Game Fodder / Story Fodder
« Reply #360 on: July 25, 2011, 11:37:43 PM »
After a few murders taking place at a Chuck E. Cheese's restaurant, the police "arrived to find a macabre scene. The bodies lay in an empty restaurant as burglar alarms rang, game lights flashed, a vacuum cleaner ran, and Chuck E. Cheese mechanical animals continued to perform children's songs. "

Could be used as a really screwed up way of starting an investigative type game. It could definitely dial the game into a serious mood, if nothing else.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #361 on: July 25, 2011, 11:41:26 PM »
After a few murders taking place at a Chuck E. Cheese's restaurant, the police "arrived to find a macabre scene. The bodies lay in an empty restaurant as burglar alarms rang, game lights flashed, a vacuum cleaner ran, and Chuck E. Cheese mechanical animals continued to perform children's songs. "

Could be used as a really screwed up way of starting an investigative type game. It could definitely dial the game into a serious mood, if nothing else.

Eh? Are you quoting a news story? This thread is for links and resources that can be used as fodder for gaming.

A Digital Native

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 26, 2011, 02:49:49 AM »

Eh? Are you quoting a news story? This thread is for links and resources that can be used as fodder for gaming.

I got this from a book. I understand the gaming fodder thing. I thought the idea of a grisly murder at a children's amusement place could serve as a fucked up, interesting way to start a game. Is this thread SOLELY for links? If so, my bad.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #363 on: July 26, 2011, 02:14:33 PM »
uh, well, it would help if we knew what the book was. In general, at least one link is recommended.

A Digital Native

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 26, 2011, 05:16:31 PM »
Ha ha. Well, believe it or not, it came from "Fast Food Nation"

I didn't think a link to this book would be extremely helpful, as it's not chock-full of fodder, I just happened to stumble upon that particular scene while reading it.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #365 on: July 26, 2011, 05:25:06 PM »
Oh I read that. Good book.

God's Own prison: http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/07/burl-cain-angola-prison

Perfect setting for a noir or horror game - imagine a silent hill version of that place.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 26, 2011, 10:13:41 PM »
imagine a real life version of that place

wait, what, are you telling me that place is real?

wow

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 31, 2011, 09:18:54 AM »
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #369 on: July 31, 2011, 05:10:23 PM »
The essential Saltes of Animals may be so prepared and preserved, that an ingenious Man may have the whole Ark of Noah in his own Studie, and raise the fine Shape of an Animal out of its Ashes at his Pleasure; and by the lyke Method from the essential Saltes of humane Dust, a Philosopher may, without any criminal Necromancy, call up the Shape of any dead Ancestour from the Dust whereinto his Bodie has been incinerated.

- Borellus

What the thing was, he would never tell. It was like some of the carvings on the hellish altar, but it was alive. Nature had never made it in this form, for it was too palpably unfinished. The deficiencies were of the most surprising sort, and the abnormalities of proportion could not be described. Willett consents only to say that this type of thing must have represented entities which Ward called up from imperfect salts, and which he kept for servile or ritualistic purposes. If it had not had a certain significance, its image would not have been carved on that damnable stone. It was not the worst thing depicted on that stone - but Willett never opened the other pits. At the time, the first connected idea in his mind was an idle paragraph from some of the old Curwen data he had digested long before; a phrase used by Simon or Jedediah Orne in that portentous confiscated letter to the bygone sorcerer:

'Certainely, there was Noth'g but ye liveliest Awfulness in that which H. rais'd upp from What he cou'd gather onlie a part of.'

Then, horribly supplementing rather than displacing this image, there came a recollection of those ancient lingering rumours anent the burned, twisted thing found in the fields a week after the Curwen raid. Charles Ward had once told the doctor what old Slocum said of that object; that it was neither thoroughly human, nor wholly allied to any animal which Pawtuxet folk had ever seen or read about. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 05:16:45 PM by clockworkjoe »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK

SageNytell

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 01, 2011, 11:42:04 PM »
Creepy as FUCK
In Time

Although if you can find the trailer with Olivia Wilde, it's much better put together.
Still
WOW
That's fucked up.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 02, 2011, 06:54:51 AM »
Creepy as FUCK
In Time

Although if you can find the trailer with Olivia Wilde, it's much better put together.
Still
WOW
That's fucked up.

It's a really fascinating premise and I'll definitely see it when it comes out.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 02, 2011, 07:52:54 AM »
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

The next step towards hyper-realistic graphics. Maybe the beginnings of Eclipse Phase's Simulspaces?

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 16, 2011, 08:48:33 AM »