Poll

witch alignment do you like to play the best in D&D?

lawful good
6 (15%)
neutral good
8 (20%)
chaotic good
6 (15%)
lawful neutral
4 (10%)
neutral
7 (17.5%)
chaotic neutral
4 (10%)
lawful evil
1 (2.5%)
neutral evil
2 (5%)
chaotic evil
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: alignment  (Read 29733 times)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
Re: alignment
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 04:37:21 PM »
also your stick figure comic is missing the most important xkcd element: creepy stalkerishness about some girl named megan

Fixed it.

"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 04:50:21 PM »
Alright you get Editor credit but I still keep the Director, Writter, and Producter credits.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2010, 12:21:41 AM »
the real question is does ross get the Roalyties for the mention of megan, and if so will it go towords the world of synnibarr?

Order66

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2010, 07:44:18 PM »
also your stick figure comic is missing the most important xkcd element: creepy stalkerishness about some girl named megan

Fixed it.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

i laughfed so fucking hard

Order66

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2010, 12:09:20 AM »
nobody likes Lawful Evil?

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2010, 12:52:47 AM »

Too Fun to play.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2010, 09:57:59 AM »

Lawful evil requires a level of maturity and consistency that I think most gamers lack. I would play it more, but I'd much rather be LG if I'm going to play a good character and NE (otherwise known as the sociopath) when I'm going to play an evil character.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2010, 12:44:42 PM »
The only true LE person I can think of right now off the top of my head would be Emperor Palpatine. Would be fun to play a toon as him, but like setherick said to maintain that during a campain would be hard.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2010, 04:35:17 PM »
The only true LE person I can think of right now off the top of my head would be Emperor Palpatine. Would be fun to play a toon as him, but like setherick said to maintain that during a campain would be hard.

If you're referring to the Star Wars emperor then really? He had an entire planet devoted to sucking out people's souls. He also genocided aliens and gassed entire planets. He was like Lucas' Hitler with lightning powers.  

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2010, 05:55:53 PM »

If you're referring to the Star Wars emperor then really? He had an entire planet devoted to sucking out people's souls. He also genocided aliens and gassed entire planets. He was like Lucas' Hitler with lightning powers.  

As I recall, he was actually used as an example of LE in one of the DnD books.  Lawful Evil is the tyrant...

Order66

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2010, 06:57:28 PM »

yeah Hitler IS lawful evil too

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2010, 10:54:28 PM »

He manipulated laws or made new laws for him to gain his goals. You can't get much more le then that.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2010, 11:04:24 PM »
Gosh, here we are arguing if Emperor Palpatine is LE or not when all we really should be saying is fuck George Lucas.

Order66

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2010, 11:15:40 PM »
Gosh, here we are arguing if Emperor Palpatine is LE or not when all we really should be saying is fuck George Lucas.

no we should say argue if he is LE
that's what theese forums are for

AND DO NOT SAY THAT ABOUT GEORGE LUCAS

or the star wars nerds will find you
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 10:28:22 AM by Order66 »

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2010, 12:52:44 AM »

If I could own a Life size bronze statue of Yoda and put it in my yard without my wife carring, I would do it. God I wish I could be George Lucas, I bet hes Nutral Good.