Author Topic: Cody Fan Club  (Read 732387 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Cody Fan Club
« Reply #525 on: June 08, 2010, 12:37:43 PM »
I remember playing only one game using the Warcraft source books. I spent every bit of treasure I got buying supplies to construct my own personal zeppelin. It was pretty fun.

Does Sam join in later? I recall her being a neutral Bard.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #526 on: June 08, 2010, 12:50:28 PM »
Sam pops into the next game. I'm outlining all of the sessions and I'll post them on here so you can see the majesty of it all.

Actually, the only great parts were Andy Potter and Sam. Also, Jessica's story was really good, but only because I was doing all the work.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #527 on: June 08, 2010, 12:59:52 PM »
What where Riggins and Swiggins partners of, anyway? Jared's character didn't seem like the sort to have a close partner.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #528 on: June 08, 2010, 01:04:00 PM »
I just remembered!!!!

Jared and Tim tried to play it like Jared was the butch of the two and Tim was the bitch. What was actually going on, though, was that Tim's character had saved Jared's life at some point and the two decided to be assassins together, but Jared's character would always defer to Tim's silent wisdom.

Yet another example of "role-playing" as they thought of it.

I just couldn't get over the shitty names.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #529 on: June 08, 2010, 01:28:31 PM »
I sit here rubbing my eyes because that isn't the first time I've heard that arrangement. Great moments in roleplaying...

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 08, 2010, 02:42:24 PM »
Cody, I just want to know. Why do you love He-man so much? I don't really know much about it at all.

Seejo Crux

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • High INT, Low CHA. Tend to be social misfits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 08, 2010, 03:57:32 PM »
Cody, I just want to know. Why do you love He-man so much? I don't really know much about it at all.

How can you not like a show with characters named Ram-Man and Fisto?

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #532 on: June 08, 2010, 04:07:40 PM »
I just have fond memories of He-man from my childhood more than any other cartoon. I like TMNT and Ghostbusters, but He-man was where it was at.  It actually has a fairly rich mythology that is just forgotten or unacknowledged. It's ripe for exploration and in the hands of the right people, it could be huge, but it's left as children's play things and that upsets me.

Also, who is more awesome than Skeletor? No one! Frank Langella as Skeletor was perfect from the live action film. Seriously, go back and rewatch it. Not the original cartoon, because it's trash. The Cartoon Network reboot is pretty sweet though and definitely worth checking out.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 08, 2010, 04:55:58 PM »
I'll take your word for it, but I don't think the show will get anywhere with names like He-man and Fisto. Skeletor's okay, I guess.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #534 on: June 08, 2010, 05:23:49 PM »
I liked He-Man because it had the non-Tolkienian fantasy feel to it. No elves or dwarves or orcs or mithral or much else in that vein.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 08, 2010, 05:46:15 PM »
According to Wikipedia, his chest thing is made out of corodite. But I see what you're getting at.

Type669

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 08, 2010, 05:55:42 PM »
After months of both listening and being far too antisocial to join the forums, I have come to offer my humble allegiance to the great Lord Cathartic Lobster. 
What's the difference between a fine art photographer and a pizza?  A pizza can feed a family of four.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 08, 2010, 05:58:33 PM »
mmmmmmm. Grab a skull and start digging! Im digging the pit that the tits will go into! YAY ME!

Type669

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 08, 2010, 06:02:33 PM »
Ohhh!  Time to get out the ol' Lucky Shovel.  It's lucky 'cause it works just as well on hookers as it does dirt.
What's the difference between a fine art photographer and a pizza?  A pizza can feed a family of four.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #539 on: June 08, 2010, 06:38:03 PM »
Ohhh!  Time to get out the ol' Lucky Shovel.  It's lucky 'cause it works just as well on hookers as it does dirt.

I think this guy is gonna fit in just fine.